Windows 10: Update/Files Gone

Discus and support Update/Files Gone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I powered my computer on this morning, it informed me it did an update. Now everything is gone!! Even in my QuickBooks companies!! This problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SondraNordell, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Update/Files Gone

When I powered my computer on this morning, it informed me it did an update. Now everything is gone!! Even in my QuickBooks companies!! This problem needs to be fixed Microsoft! I do not have time to sit here for hours trying to recover files. I use this computer for my business. I have a lot of important information that I need on a daily basis. How do I fix this without having to pay an arm and a leg for someone to come recover my files, if they are even available to recover??????

:)

SondraNordell, Nov 4, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 4, 2019
  3. hdjx Win User
    files have gone

I MOVED a directory from one W2K PC to another. However, the target PC (which has a backup unit on it and thus the point of the move) crashed halfway through the move and I had to reboot. I then decided that I needed to sort out why the PC crashed and MOVED the directory back again.

However, in the process, most of the files have disappeared! What I don't understand is why the original files were deleted if they were not copied over.

As far as I can see, the files have gone for good. Is there any hope? Friend suggest Data Recovery Wizard, can I try that?

hdjx, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Update/Files Gone

ALL MY FILES ARE GONE AFTER UPDATE

Hi,

The issue that you are experiencing can be due to data/file corruption. For us to isolate why the issue is happening, we would like to ask for additional information:

• How did you update the computer automatically through Windows update or via Media Creation Tool?
    • Is the issue happening only on a specific folder (with sub-folder) on your Desktop?

Furthermore, as an initial troubleshooting we suggest following the steps on this article:
    Find lost files after the update to Windows 10. It consists of information on how we can locate your files.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Update/Files Gone

1. Update/Files Gone - Similar Threads - Update Files Gone

2. Files gone after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files gone after update: Windows performed an automatic update last night. Now all my files -- everything on my desktop -- are gone. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-gone-after-update/96b89c54-67d1-4977-853e-877c129d98fb
  3. Files gone after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files gone after update: Windows performed an automatic update last night. Now all my files -- everything on my desktop -- are gone. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-gone-after-update/96b89c54-67d1-4977-853e-877c129d98fb
  4. Files gone after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Update Files Gone!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Files Gone!: My Windows 10 HP undated a few days ago and it appeared I lost everything, not even my background was the same. I luckily did find all of my old files under "Windows C:" and I think some were in "One Drive" I copied them to my current documents because I read they would be...
  6. Files gone

Files gone: My C: drive is filling up and I was trying to transfer all my files from C to D drive, I also deleted , tried to delete everything in my C drive after the transfer. My recycle bin is empty and my file explorer, along other files are gone. I have already initiated a system...
  7. Files gone??

Files gone??: Hi! I’ve logged out of my computer around an hour ago, everything normal, no viruses, all good! But then, when I am trying to log in now, while my account name is still there and it accepts my password, it goes from saying welcome to preparing windows. After it finishes such,...
  8. files are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    files are gone: I play sims 4 on my laptop and every time I go to play it, all my files and saves are deleted from my laptop. all my programs are still there but none of my files are. does anyone know how to fix this or why its happening?...
  9. Files are gone

Files are gone: I backed up files from a computer that I was installing Windows 10 on. When I reinstalled OneDrive after updating and opened it, the files I spent all day uploading were gone. It synched my new install and seemingly overwrote the old files. Any way to find them, or are...
  10. Files gone after 1809 Update

Files gone after 1809 Update: Yeah so I got prompted to do the October Update, and I did it thinking Microsoft fixed the bug where it would delete some files, so it did it and the update went smoothly. Once my desktop loaded, I noticed three gaps that weren't there before I did the update. I know these...