Windows 10: Update Folder Thumbnails

Discus and support Update Folder Thumbnails in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I load pictures in from my camera, Windows nicely produces nice large previews thumbnails of the images when I look at the folder. The problem I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davefaz, Jun 17, 2021.

1. davefaz Win User

Update Folder Thumbnails

When I load pictures in from my camera, Windows nicely produces nice large previews thumbnails of the images when I look at the folder. The problem I have is when I delete the images off my camera and then go take some new photos, the camera names the new pictures the same as the old ones I deleted and Windows doesn't realise they have changed - it continues to display the old thumbnails. If I refresh the folder, makes no difference. It's pretty much impossible to get Windows to update the thumbnail. It seems strange to me that Windows is constantly being a pain with videos to ensure the thumbnail is correct then doesn't seem to show the same attention to pictures. Is there a way to get windows to be more vigilant?

:)

davefaz, Jun 17, 2021
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Update Folder Thumbnails

Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

Update Folder Thumbnails

1. Update Folder Thumbnails - Similar Threads - Update Folder Thumbnails

2. Folder thumbnails aren't properly updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder thumbnails aren't properly updating: I have recently reinstalled windows due to a hardware upgrade, and I've been having trouble updating my folder thumbnails. Typically, when I select an image for a folder thumbnail and press apply, the changes go into effect immediately. But now, the changes only go into...
  3. Folder thumbnails aren't properly updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder thumbnails aren't properly updating: I have recently reinstalled windows due to a hardware upgrade, and I've been having trouble updating my folder thumbnails. Typically, when I select an image for a folder thumbnail and press apply, the changes go into effect immediately. But now, the changes only go into...
  4. Folders thumbnails broken with latest update

Folders thumbnails broken with latest update: I've tried reinstalling all drivers, did not help. Restarted innumerable times as well. My computer brightness has also gone down, and anything related to display in my settings in games such as sims 3 has been completely reset. The folders themselves work, its just issues...
  5. Folders thumbnails broken with latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders thumbnails broken with latest update: I've tried reinstalling all drivers, did not help. Restarted innumerable times as well. My computer brightness has also gone down, and anything related to display in my settings in games such as sims 3 has been completely reset. The folders themselves work, its just issues...
  6. Thumbnails in folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails in folders.: I have got a new laptop and it wont display thumbs on folders. I have unchecked/checked the boxes in view and performance, been on this and other forums, and done everything suggested, to no avail.Is there a way to repair/troubleshoot file explorer, other than a complete...
  7. Thumbnails in folders.

Thumbnails in folders.: I have got a new laptop and it wont display thumbs on folders. I have unchecked/checked the boxes in view and performance, been on this and other forums, and done everything suggested, to no avail.Is there a way to repair/troubleshoot file explorer, other than a complete...
  8. Folder or image Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder or image Thumbnails: Hi there, I want always to show icons and folders in tumbnail. Examples: Cntrol+shift+2 I press again and again. So I want always to show thumbnail type content in all folders. Thanks All COR Designer...
  9. Folder thumbnails on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder thumbnails on taskbar?: Have File Explorer folders always been displayed like this? So that the full names cannot be identified when their current width is narrow? [img] Terry, East Grinstead, UK 135755
  10. Folder thumbnails not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder thumbnails not working.: As I am creating new folders and dragging files into it the folder is not creating a thumbnail preview. Is my thumbnail cache corrupt? Would like to apply the right fix rather than an unnecessary one or one that makes things worse... [img] 97934