Windows 10: Update for canon printer on windows update keeps appearing

Discus and support Update for canon printer on windows update keeps appearing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After 20H2 windows keep offering to install canon printer which 2018 version in windows update.. it's weird. please someone can help me..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SunDik, Nov 22, 2020.

1. SunDik Win User

Update for canon printer on windows update keeps appearing

After 20H2 windows keep offering to install canon printer which 2018 version in windows update.. it's weird.

please someone can help me..

:)

SunDik, Nov 22, 2020
  2. SteveGD Win User

Canon printer software update failure

Below is the text from an error report after the update fails. This has been going on since shortly after an upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10, and every few days the prompt to update keeps happening and failing.

• Canon - Printers - Canon MG7100 series Printer - Error 0x80070490

• Canon - Printers - Canon MP600 Printer - Error 0x80070490

I have searched for a similar problem on MS and it was suggested to do a sfc /scannow as there may be a corrupted system file. The scan returned no corrupted files.

The MG7100 is currently connected to a WLAN, with two laptops, both running WIN 10. The MP600 is no longer connected, but the software has been unistalled.

WIN 10 updates are being installed automatically as usual.

Does anybody have any other suggestions, please?

Thanks, Steve.

SteveGD, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Canon - Printers - Canon MG5500 series Printer - Error 0x80240017

GaryRouth's suggestion didn't work for me. But I took his lead and used a slightly different process that eventually worked.

I uninstalled the Canon software in "Programs and Features",

rebooted my machine,

then went to Canon's site and downloaded the full package from Canon for my printer,

extracted the package,

went to the extracted files and opened the DrvSetup folder,

ran the DELDRV64.exe utility to cleanup the old software,

then ran the Setup64.exe to install the Canon software.

Since I've followed these steps, the printer works and the Windows Update for the printer isn't showing up.

Norm Hodne [MSFT], Nov 22, 2020
  4. SteveGD Win User

Canon printer software update failure

Hi Divya, your suggestion didn't work - troubleshooting with wired connection.

I Removed the printer from the Settings > Devices & Printers list, re-installed 2 Canon drivers as required, and the update problem persisted.

Since then I have run WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab, which found an error 'Service Registration is missing or corrupt' which was fixed. That was yesterday. I have just run it again, which produced the same error. Strange?!

So I am waiting to see if the next automatic printer software update works.

I have been in touch with Canon to see if a complete printer uninstall would likely fix the issue, but I am awaiting their reply.

Regards, Steve.

SteveGD, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Update for canon printer on windows update keeps appearing - Similar Threads - Update canon printer

2. Queued Canon Printer Update fails install-Do not have Canon Printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Queued Canon Printer Update fails install-Do not have Canon Printer: There is an update in the Windows Update queue Canon Printer 3.50.2.60 that repeatedly fails to install error 0x800f020b. I DO NOT HAVE A CANON PRINTER! How can I remove this update from the queue? WIN Update is bogging down system performance by repeatedly trying, and...
  3. Queued Canon Printer Update fails install-Do not have Canon Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Queued Canon Printer Update fails install-Do not have Canon Printer: There is an update in the Windows Update queue Canon Printer 3.50.2.60 that repeatedly fails to install error 0x800f020b. I DO NOT HAVE A CANON PRINTER! How can I remove this update from the queue? WIN Update is bogging down system performance by repeatedly trying, and...
  4. Canon Printer Driver problem in Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon Printer Driver problem in Windows Update.: Facing problem with this driver in Windows Update Canon - Printer - 2/22/2019 12:00:00 AM - 7.1.1.0. from Last one and half month.I am requesting Microsoft to solve this issue in windows update because of this problem I can't use my canon print properly Canon ImageCLASS...
  5. Canon Printer Driver problem in Windows Update.

Canon Printer Driver problem in Windows Update.: Facing problem with this driver in Windows Update Canon - Printer - 2/22/2019 12:00:00 AM - 7.1.1.0. from Last one and half month.I am requesting Microsoft to solve this issue in windows update because of this problem I can't use my canon print properly Canon ImageCLASS...
  6. Canon Printer Driver problem in Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows Update Will Not Download Optional Update for My Canon Printer

Windows Update Will Not Download Optional Update for My Canon Printer: My Windows Update always downloads an optional download for my Printer, Canon Printer 8/24/2018 2.90.2.10. Normally I would not be too upset about this. My Windows Update Troubleshooter started reporting some sort of problem, and my computer would not download The October...
  8. Canon Printer Driver Update Install Issue

Canon Printer Driver Update Install Issue: For a few months now, an update to my Canon G2000 printer has been showing in my Windows Update list. Each time it seems to install and immediately disappears from the list, however, if I again click Check for Updates, it reappears and then seems to install and immediately...
  9. Windows update KB4507469 and Canon printers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update KB4507469 and Canon printers: A number of our users are getting a "Token does not exist" printing error when printing to Canon printers. When update KB4507469 is installed on the user's computer the error starts appearing however as soon as you uninstall this update and reboot the error stops popping up....
  10. Canon Printer

Canon Printer: Can't get my printer online. Have to use usb to function correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/canon-printer/002b1a70-abb1-49c0-8dd9-513fa201c0b1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Canon printer firmware update failed