Windows 10: Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM

Discus and support Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Are you sure this was a genuine email? It has been reported on another forum I read. Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by banger, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM

Are you sure this was a genuine email? It has been reported on another forum I read.

nigelmercier, Dec 11, 2015
  2. andypandy Win User

it's weird, everything hangs on send and receive for me after installing the new patch-
    if i go to options>email account>remove account
    then restart WLM and add the account back in again, everything downloads properly and updates but from then on if i click send/receive it just all hangs again

andypandy, Dec 11, 2015
  3. antelx Win User
    For new installations the version downloaded is 16.4.3528.0331, Microsoft has not updated the patch into it.

antelx, Dec 11, 2015
  4. NigelD Win User

Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM

Also had the same problem: wlm2012 on Windows 10 32 bit. I did not try the suggestion of disabling the calender but uninstalling and reinstalling and then doing the update did not work (calender update fails without crashing and then it hangs on mail send and receive). Eventually needed a system restore.

NigelD, Dec 11, 2015
  5. Burgurne Win User
    Same problem here. I can't send or receive emails from my hotmail in WLM after updage. My gmails work just fine after the update, so maybe it's a servername? or a portnumber that has changed?

Burgurne, Dec 11, 2015
  6. My dad is 60 years old. He updated and.... wlm crapped.
    I unistalled it and then i reinstalled it.
    If he was alone what was going to happen.
    Theese days the bugs are more than fixes.

boombastik, Dec 11, 2015
  7. Using Windows 10 64 bit Windows live mail 2012 will not update without causing WLM to stop working immediately after opening. It will allow the reading of mail but cannot send. Repairing did nothing, Uninstall and re-install did nothing. My only recourse was to re-image my computer.

I can't use the Windows 10 email client as it will not connect to my ISP's IMAP servers and that is the only choice that I have. If Microsoft doesn't fix this, I will be going to another email client.

newdoverman, Dec 11, 2015
  8. gpstoloff Win User

This is the issue: MS is performing this upgrade in waves of Outlook.com accounts. Unfortunately, they jumped too soon to send out this message.

Here's the word (courtesy of Ron Sommer MVP):

Login to your outlook.com account using a browser. Does it say Outlook.com or Outlook Mail (Preview)?

KB3093594 should only be installed if you have an outlook.com account that has been upgraded to Outlook Mail (Preview).

If you have more than one outlook.com account, you will have to decide if you want the accounts that have not been upgraded to Outlook Mail (Preview) to work or do you want the accounts that have been upgraded to work.

No Outlook Mail (Preview) accounts - do not install KB3093594.

An account has upgraded to Outlook Mail (Preview) - install KB3093594.

gpstoloff, Dec 11, 2015
  9. bschaufe Win User
    Hmmm... Not true for me. If I log into the test outlook.com account I just created via the browser, it displays "Outlook Mail (Preview)", which would mean that my account has already been upgraded. However, Live Mail 2012 updated with the patch (build 16.4.3563.0918) still crashes when it attempts to sync the calendar. It is exactly the same behavior as I see when I attempt to access an older Hotmail account that has not yet been upgraded (i.e., "Outlook.com" is displayed when I log in via the browser). Whether the server side has been upgraded or not, Live Mail 2012 with the patch crashes on calendar sync but does not crash on the pre-patch version (16.4.3528.0331). Something in KB3093594 breaks calendar sync regardless of the server side version.

bschaufe, Dec 11, 2015
  10. banger Win User
    I have discovered that if you sign out and sign in again wlm crashes getting calendar updates, so I suggest you click sign out then sign in, uncheck sign me in automatically and click forget me. Some have suggested windows 8 compatibility mode, but that doesn't work either.

banger, Dec 11, 2015
  11. artyone Win User
    Ditto Joakim. Followed your instructions. Re-installed all of Windows Live Essentials 2012 and WLM works again.
    Will not be installing the dmail killer patch.

artyone, Dec 12, 2015
  12. jyusa Win User
    Did anybody try this? Heard it from one OEM engineer, said it should work and also pass changes no matter what MS will make in next few weeks:

1. Verify WLM version is: Build 16.4.3528.0331
    2. Close WLM. Open properties of wlmail.exe, run compatibility mode to Windows 8, apply.
    3. Restart PC. Install KB3093594/d-Mail.msp.
    4. Restart PC. Open WLM.

Too busy right now, but I'll try next Monday though!

jyusa, Dec 12, 2015
  13. HeavyHemi Win User

Strangely enough, all I did was open my account using the Outlook web client. I then deleted all the Calendar entries (fairly easy as there was only 2 perpetually repeating ones for garbage and recyling *Party). I then relaunched WLM 2012 and viola' no crash. So feeling daring, I redid the Calendar entries, closed and then reopened WLM and it's still working. Who knows? This worked for me.
    Okay...update. Ignore the previous. *Wink WLM will work if you're logged out and it does not sync with Outlook. As soon as I signed into WLM, and it attempted to sync the calendar entries with Outlook, the crash is back. So, the solution for me is to not log into WLM. The WLM client still will function normally in retrieving mail, it just won't sync your calendar etc etc with outlook.

HeavyHemi, Dec 12, 2015
  14. caperjack Win User
    mine crashed after the patch. update as well but fixed itself after a few retries

caperjack, Dec 12, 2015
  15. A bit ironic to see this thread in this forum. The update referred to, KB3093594, is only for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1. It's not supported on Windows 10 because the program crashes as soon as the calendar tries to update ...

Noel Burgess, Dec 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM - Similar Threads - Update Live Essentials

2. Update Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Windows Live Mail 2012: Please go back to updating WLM... Since OE express, it is the BEST email program Microsoft has created. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-windows-live-mail-2012/429bf238-3bc5-46b2-89fd-8c5dcd86ef1c
  3. Update Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Windows Live Mail 2012: Please go back to updating WLM... Since OE express, it is the BEST email program Microsoft has created. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-windows-live-mail-2012/429bf238-3bc5-46b2-89fd-8c5dcd86ef1c
  4. Update Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail 2012: Hello, We use Windows Live Mail, but since yesterday we cannot send any mails anymore. The mails we receive have following error message : The message cannot be displayed Windows Live Mail has detected an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check that...
  6. Windows Live mail 2012

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live mail 2012: I use live mail 2012 and was aware of the end of support. 2 days ago I find my access to my emails has been blocked by error0x800C013E. Not able to send or receive and not able to open any of my email folders. No idea how to resolve. Can someone help?...
  7. Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Live Mail 2012: since windows 10 updates send link greyed out try as I may I can not resolve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/live-mail-2012/47c464e1-f0b6-4024-8b75-a054bc6181cf
  8. windows live mail 2012

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail 2012: Hi I have just installed windows 10 upgrade and everything is fine but my email. I use WLM 2012 for work with my work signature on it and it wont work properly. It seems to give this error message when i try and send " the message cannot be sent an error has occured"....
  9. New Outlook.com and Windows Essentials Live Mail (WLM)

in Browsers and Email
    New Outlook.com and Windows Essentials Live Mail (WLM): 16 June was the date MS started migrating Outlook.com accounts to the sync protocol supported by all MS messaging products. POP3 and IMAP are still supported. Two of my three Outlook.com accounts have been migrated. The symptom on my machine was that I could not connect...
  10. Live essentials 2012 failed to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live essentials 2012 failed to install: Hi all, hope some good sould could help me here.*Smile I want to install back live mail 2012 but at the end of the installation it keeps on reporting the following: It looks like another program is preventing the installer from working. Error: 0x80070643 Source:...