Windows 10: Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM

Discus and support Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I installed the patch via the link in the email from MS, and then found that all my sub-folders had disappeared. I checked the version and it was 918... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by banger, Dec 11, 2015.

1. KeithR Win User

Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM

I installed the patch via the link in the email from MS, and then found that all my sub-folders had disappeared. I checked the version and it was 918 (post patch). I then uninstalled livemail, using the Programs add/remove facility in control panel. Finally I re-installed livemail 2012, and checked the version, sure enough 331(pre-patch). However, I still don't have any sub-folders!. At least 50% of my previous emails are no longer viewable.

KeithR, Dec 12, 2015
  2. NigelD Win User

Assuming your WLM is connected to a cloud EMail server such as Windows live, add a sub folder (e.g. called temp) where the sub folders should be. Close WLM and then reopen it. The other folders should hopefully reappear. You can now delete the temporary sub folder. Repeat as necessary for missing sub sub folders.

NigelD, Dec 12, 2015
  3. Go to Windows Explorer (File Explorer) click on This PC and search for *.eml This will tell you where the file store is for emails.
    Go to WLM, click on File, Options, Mail, Advanced, Maintenance, Store Folder. The path indicated there should point to the location where you found the eml files. If it doesn't (and because you don't have your emails it won't) change the path to where you found the eml files.

That should restore all your accounts the the emails within them.

newdoverman, Dec 12, 2015
  4. antelx Win User

The email from Microsoft said ...... "Windows 8, Windows 8.1 y Windows 10. " .... there is not doubt about this.

antelx, Dec 12, 2015
  5. lgentry Win User
    No, it crashes even in compatibility mode.

lgentry, Dec 12, 2015
  6. KeithR Win User
    Hi Nigeld and newdoverma - not at my PC now but will try your suggestions as soon as I am. There is a lot of information in the sub-folders that I need fro time to time.
    Thanks for your suggestions.

KeithR, Dec 12, 2015
  7. That was recommending you to use the native Mail app, not instructing you to apply the update:

Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM [​IMG]

Noel Burgess, Dec 12, 2015
  8. Jackman33 Win User

I merely uninstalled the program and reinstalled it and it works fine. I am a little confused about their note, "in order to continue using Windows Live Mail 2012 etc". Does that mean that after they get done messing around with things and if you install the update, if it ever works, will you then still be able to use Live instead of the nutty new Mail??

Jackman33, Dec 12, 2015
  9. HeavyHemi Win User
    You are absolutely correct. MS could have been a lot less muddled in what OS this applied to. The Email leaves one with the impression this update is also for Windows 10. While the actual KB for the update, shows it is only for Win 7 through 8.1.

HeavyHemi, Dec 12, 2015
  10. Jackman33 Win User
    I merely uninstalled the program and reinstalled it and it works fine. I am a little confused about their note, "in order to continue using Windows Live Mail 2012 etc". Does that mean that after they get done messing around with things and if you install the update, if it ever works, will you then still be able to use Live instead of the nutty new Mail??

Jackman33, Dec 12, 2015
  11. jyusa Win User
    Okay, all my 3 windows 10 PCs now working well with WLM 0918, syncing emails, contacts and calendar with zero problems.

Simply apply the provided patch as per MS email. All you need is patience. Depend on how many accounts, folders, emails and sizes you have stored in MS cloud server, which MS cloud server requires time to reconfigure for you. Just close WLM when it crashes, then reopen as many times as it needs. This can take up to 10 times with 20 minutes. Take the advantage doing it on Sunday when MS cloud server is not too busy.

Good luck! Please let us know if this works for you!

Edit: At this time, all my 3 windows 10 machines working fine with WLM 0918. So as I see it works too with many others.

jyusa, Dec 12, 2015
  12. gtspeck Win User
    Had the same issue, WLM crashed. I back to build 0331. Tried the mail app for Windows 10, it definitely has a long way to go to be a satisfactory App. *Sad

gtspeck, Dec 12, 2015
  13. Jackman33 Win User

I read a note some place else and can't find it, but the suggestion was to keep opening Live and it might take 20 minutes and eventually it will stay logged on, the explanation was it takes some time for the server or cloud to recognize the account, then if you get an error message, I followed this suggestion from another place:

"Click the start button, then click on default programs, click on associate a file type and protocol with a program, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page until you see (mailto) listed click on it and then on change,
    Install recommended programs should load click on windows live mail from the list, and close or save at the bottom of the page."

Sorry I can't be a little more clear, but this is what I did and the updated copy of Live is working fine.

Jackman33, Dec 12, 2015
  14. My install of WLM on Win 7 doesn't crash but the Safe Senders and Blocked Senders lists are being ignored in a random manner.

newdoverman, Dec 12, 2015
  15. lgentry Win User
    Well I'll be dipped. The suggestion to apply the patch and just wait works. I have 4 email accounts configured in Live Mail, 2 which are Microsoft. I installed the patch and waited about an hour and now it works fine.

lgentry, Dec 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM - Similar Threads - Update Live Essentials

2. Update Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Windows Live Mail 2012: Please go back to updating WLM... Since OE express, it is the BEST email program Microsoft has created. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-windows-live-mail-2012/429bf238-3bc5-46b2-89fd-8c5dcd86ef1c
  3. Update Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Windows Live Mail 2012: Please go back to updating WLM... Since OE express, it is the BEST email program Microsoft has created. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-windows-live-mail-2012/429bf238-3bc5-46b2-89fd-8c5dcd86ef1c
  4. Update Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail 2012: Hello, We use Windows Live Mail, but since yesterday we cannot send any mails anymore. The mails we receive have following error message : The message cannot be displayed Windows Live Mail has detected an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check that...
  6. Windows Live mail 2012

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live mail 2012: I use live mail 2012 and was aware of the end of support. 2 days ago I find my access to my emails has been blocked by error0x800C013E. Not able to send or receive and not able to open any of my email folders. No idea how to resolve. Can someone help?...
  7. Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Live Mail 2012: since windows 10 updates send link greyed out try as I may I can not resolve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/live-mail-2012/47c464e1-f0b6-4024-8b75-a054bc6181cf
  8. windows live mail 2012

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail 2012: Hi I have just installed windows 10 upgrade and everything is fine but my email. I use WLM 2012 for work with my work signature on it and it wont work properly. It seems to give this error message when i try and send " the message cannot be sent an error has occured"....
  9. New Outlook.com and Windows Essentials Live Mail (WLM)

in Browsers and Email
    New Outlook.com and Windows Essentials Live Mail (WLM): 16 June was the date MS started migrating Outlook.com accounts to the sync protocol supported by all MS messaging products. POP3 and IMAP are still supported. Two of my three Outlook.com accounts have been migrated. The symptom on my machine was that I could not connect...
  10. Live essentials 2012 failed to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live essentials 2012 failed to install: Hi all, hope some good sould could help me here.*Smile I want to install back live mail 2012 but at the end of the installation it keeps on reporting the following: It looks like another program is preventing the installer from working. Error: 0x80070643 Source:...