Windows 10: Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM

Discus and support Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Go to Windows Explorer (File Explorer) click on This PC and search for *.eml This will tell you where the file store is for emails. Go to WLM, click... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by banger, Dec 11, 2015.

1. v1pcpg Win User

Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM

When I followed the instructions and tried to change to the correct sub-folder I got a message saying the folder was not empty and couldn't be used. Something isn't working.

v1pcpg, Dec 13, 2015

2. Select the root WLM folder and not one of its sub folders. If you can't change to the WLM something is, as you say, wrong. I have done this a few times and never got a message like that. Hmmmmm.

newdoverman, Dec 13, 2015
  3. jyusa Win User
    I'm glad that works for you too!

jyusa, Dec 13, 2015
  4. v1pcpg Win User

v1pcpg, Dec 13, 2015
  5. Encouraged by this I decided to give the patch another go and just like you I eventually manged to get it working. But for me it took longer more then an hour and maybe 20 tries. It started just like before upon checking the calendar it immediately crashed on me. Then I launched it again and this time it worked past check the calendar and started checking for mails. But it was just stuck like that with high cpu usage so I force quit it using task manager. Then once again I launched it and this time I also clicked the send receive button, and even tough it was slow to react eventually that little window with the progress bar appeared but nothing would happen so after a few minutes like that I just aborted it and quit WLM but this time normally trough the file menu rather then force quit. After a few rounds of this method I started to notice WML behave differently rather then constant slowness and high CPU usage it would go in and out of its non responsive state so I could see the window flicker a bit between selected and de selected state. AFter a few more rounds and each try lasting a few minutes I eventually managed to get a Swedish error message like this:

"Det går inte att skicka eller ta emot meddelanden för kontot Hotmail (e-mail removed for privacy).

Serverfel: 0x80072EF3
    Server: 'https://m.hotmail.com/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync'
    Windows Live Mail Fel-ID: 0x80072EF3"

So at least now I was getting somewhere So it seems to be a server error id 0x80072EF3 and unable to connect to the Active sync server whatever that means. And what is that URL doing there? Why a Hotmail URL? Strange...*Eek

Anyway once I had reached this far I continue to try trough several more attempts of this and eventually that green progress bar moved and downloading mails. Finally! It certainly took a lot of patience!*Nerd

So currently my WLM 2012 build 0918 is working in my Windows 10 machine. But I do not know if that will be the case the next time I re boot my PC! I hope that it will work normal fingers crossed...*Zip

Joakim Agren, Dec 13, 2015
  6. jyusa Win User
    I'm glad to know that you end up with a working WLM 0918 after enough patience. Just for your information, my 3 PCs with WLM 0918 are all working normally after number of reboots. I guess so far this approach might be the best choice than stay or return to 0331 until MS resolve it, either at server side or release an update patch, or both.

jyusa, Dec 13, 2015
  7. I've updated to WLM 2012 so I could continue to use it with all of my email accounts, and I installed the KB3093594 patch as per the email from outlook.

After this it would crash every time it tried to sync the calendar.

I failed to see how patience would help here, as it was the calendar sync that would crash every time.

In the mean time I was able to 'sign out' in the few seconds before the calendar sync, and the program seems to be working ok now for emails, including my hotmail email. To view my calendar I'll have to use either the W10 calendar app or outlook.com.

tl;dr - Calendar sync is the issue. Sign out, and the email part of WLM will function fine.

Regards,
    J

thatguyjay, Dec 13, 2015
  8. Jackman33 Win User

Crazy, it worked on one PC and won't on the rest of them that I have...........

Jackman33, Dec 13, 2015
  9. the solution is to temporary move your windows live mail folder. Then open wlm and he makes a new folder. Copy everything from the moved folder exept calender to the new created folder and open wlm again.

then everything workes again.

mlcomputers, Dec 13, 2015
  10. banger Win User
    Why not just delete the calendar folder instead of moving everything?

banger, Dec 13, 2015
  11. didnt trie that but that would be easier haha

mlcomputers, Dec 13, 2015
  12. Jackman33 Win User
    I don't even get any error etc regarding the calendar. I did get the error, 0x8DE20007, but eventually I got ver 918. My other machines are still unable to run with the update. Seems there are many problems with the update or we are not getting enough information.

Jackman33, Dec 13, 2015
  13. ricky464 Win User

Hi,

Have the same problem and have been working with Microsoft on this issue in the Community Forums. Still no fix? What the hell is going on with this? WLM is one of the best desktop email clients available and they are dropping it from their support? I need this type of client in order to maintain very important emails in "folders". As you can see by the dialogue in the link provided I have tried everything to no avail.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...f-1399cc49574b

If anyone out there has any other suggestions please let me know before I download another desktop client. This is BS!!! I do not believe that the patch works with Win 10.

ricky464, Dec 13, 2015
  14. banger Win User
    Tried deleting calendar folder but as soon as you sign in it still crashes.

banger, Dec 13, 2015
  15. Jackman33 Win User
    I have read on another MS site that the upgrade is only to be ran if you have Outlook Mail (Preview) and not Outlook.Com. Can't find the note but I will keep trying to find it. Also, what is Outlook Mail (Preview)?

Jackman33, Dec 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM - Similar Threads - Update Live Essentials

2. Update Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Windows Live Mail 2012: Please go back to updating WLM... Since OE express, it is the BEST email program Microsoft has created. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-windows-live-mail-2012/429bf238-3bc5-46b2-89fd-8c5dcd86ef1c
  3. Update Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Windows Live Mail 2012: Please go back to updating WLM... Since OE express, it is the BEST email program Microsoft has created. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-windows-live-mail-2012/429bf238-3bc5-46b2-89fd-8c5dcd86ef1c
  4. Update Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail 2012: Hello, We use Windows Live Mail, but since yesterday we cannot send any mails anymore. The mails we receive have following error message : The message cannot be displayed Windows Live Mail has detected an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check that...
  6. Windows Live mail 2012

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live mail 2012: I use live mail 2012 and was aware of the end of support. 2 days ago I find my access to my emails has been blocked by error0x800C013E. Not able to send or receive and not able to open any of my email folders. No idea how to resolve. Can someone help?...
  7. Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Live Mail 2012: since windows 10 updates send link greyed out try as I may I can not resolve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/live-mail-2012/47c464e1-f0b6-4024-8b75-a054bc6181cf
  8. windows live mail 2012

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail 2012: Hi I have just installed windows 10 upgrade and everything is fine but my email. I use WLM 2012 for work with my work signature on it and it wont work properly. It seems to give this error message when i try and send " the message cannot be sent an error has occured"....
  9. New Outlook.com and Windows Essentials Live Mail (WLM)

in Browsers and Email
    New Outlook.com and Windows Essentials Live Mail (WLM): 16 June was the date MS started migrating Outlook.com accounts to the sync protocol supported by all MS messaging products. POP3 and IMAP are still supported. Two of my three Outlook.com accounts have been migrated. The symptom on my machine was that I could not connect...
  10. Live essentials 2012 failed to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live essentials 2012 failed to install: Hi all, hope some good sould could help me here.*Smile I want to install back live mail 2012 but at the end of the installation it keeps on reporting the following: It looks like another program is preventing the installer from working. Error: 0x80070643 Source:...