Windows 10: Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM

Discus and support Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I had exactly the same problem, two pieces of info, from talking to MS they said the patch is to fix a change that they will be making. Therefore carry... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by banger, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM

I had exactly the same problem, two pieces of info, from talking to MS they said the patch is to fix a change that they will be making. Therefore carry on using the original program, to do this you will be able to do a copy of all the emails, just go to the top corner and save as usual. Then assuming that you store emails away from the program go to Windows essentials and delete the mail part. Then go back and reinstall, in my case all emails appeared and everything was OK, if not you will have a back up. As a matter of interest whilst I solved the problem I set up Mail, found it slower and unable to get sound to do notifications. Am now running in Parallel. When talking to MS they had not realised the problem and I did suggest that a follow up was required. Hope this helps everyone.

Bye

Ray

Rayatthesea, Dec 14, 2015
  2. lgentry Win User

To follow up on my previous posts- I have done an extreme amount of testing. Here's what I have found.

1. Originally after applying update WLM would crash. I uninstalled and reinstalled many times and it would crash each time. I followed the advise here that suggested waiting a while for it to work but it kept crashing.
    2. I removed all my calendar entries which wasn't hard because I didn't have many. I then uninstalled ,re-installed & installed the update again and waited about an hour. Mail worked just fine.
    3. After waiting for 2 days to make sure mail would continue to work as expected I just clicked on "calendar". It immediately crashed. I didn't even enter anything into the calendar.
    4. I uninstalled and reinstalled again and reapplied update. Again I waited and mail worked ok
    5. Just to be sure I clicked on calendar again and it crashed.
    I went through this 3 times with the same result each time.
    So this tells me that anyone using WLM with Windows 10 can apply the update just fine UNLESS you have entries in the calendar and you NEVER click on calendar for any reason. Either of these will crash WLM and you will have to uninstall, reinstall and apply update again. For those of you who like WLM as much as I do and need a calendar get another camera app from the store or one of the readily available ones out there or wait to see if Microsoft fixes the update I don't normally use WLM calendar anyway so it's no deal breaker for me. For my few appointments I find that the sticky notes app works for my uses.

lgentry, Dec 14, 2015
  3. gtspeck Win User
    You really don't have to uninstall and reinstall WLM. Just uninstall the Hotfix KB3093594 (d-Mail.msp). This is a lot easier and you will not lose anything. It worked for me, calendar sync's and email works fine. See below for instructions.*Rolleyes

Run Command Prompt as administrator .
    Copy and paste the following code:
    "Msiexec /package {B775C26B-EAA8-4A11-ACBF-76E52DF6B805} /uninstall {342DCD5D-5946-453B-97AC-D53B7662EDF5}"

DON'T INCLUDE THE QUTATION MARKS

Click “Repair”, when the msp wizards asks to remove or repair the application.
    Once it finishes you need to restart
    After that you can synchronize the calendar again.
    Hopefully Microsoft will come out with a patch for Windows 10.

gtspeck, Dec 14, 2015
  4. ricky464 Win User

Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM

I also tried the "Patience" procedure and it did not work. As Microsoft indicated this patch is not for Win 10 and should not be downloaded. I am going to wait it out and see if MS creates the patch for Win 10. If not then I will download EM Client or TB to ensure that I have a realisable desktop email client. Not too sure about TB as I hear they too are dropping support?

Anyone know why the folders in WLM cannot be exported to Outllook.com?

Tks

ricky464, Dec 14, 2015
  5. HeavyHemi Win User
    Actually I already tried the patch several times. And of course, finally getting it to sync the calendar, which shows in the pane, is when it will not crash on opening. Once you click the calendar however, it will crash. So, I guess we can assume yours does the same and the best recommendation, since it currently works 'perfectly' without the patch, is to advise others to wait unit a compatible patch is issued for Win 10.

HeavyHemi, Dec 14, 2015
  6. v1pcpg Win User
    I can report that this fix worked for me. Everything's back to normal. THANK YOU!

v1pcpg, Dec 14, 2015
  7. lgentry Win User
    If yours is showing build 16.4.3528.xxx) I don't think that is the patched version. The patched version is 16.4.3563.xxxx

lgentry, Dec 14, 2015
  8. jyusa Win User

Sorry for my typo. It should read: 16.4.3563.0918.

jyusa, Dec 14, 2015
  9. Did anyone here actually clarify with MS if this patch is not supposed to be implemented for Win 10 users? I see some people mentioning that the patch is not meant to be applied if you're running Win 10. The tech specs on the patch do mention Win 7, Win 8.0 and Win 8.1 as system requirements. However, the MS e-mail informing about the patch actually said that Win 10 users needed to apply this as well. There was some misinformation on Microsoft's side...
    I was wondering if there was some official clarification regarding this. If MS has confirmed this patch is not meant for Win 10 then I am happy removing the patch and waiting for them to release one that is compatible with the system.

Harrierbird, Dec 14, 2015
  10. tracit99 Win User
    The letter never recommended this patch for Windows 10.

Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM [​IMG]
    Important information about your email service Dear user, In a few weeks, we will be making some changes to our email services that might impact your @outlook.com, @hotmail, @live, or @msn email account. Those changes will prevent your email from being delivered to the Windows Live Mail 2012 application you use. In order to continue using Windows Live Mail 2012 to send and receive email for your account, you need to install the latest update published here. If you use Windows Live Mail 2012 on Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, we recommend that you switch to the built in Mail app in Windows to stay connected and get the latest feature updates on Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. Windows Live Essentials 2009 and 2011 are not supported anymore, and you will need to update to Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10 and use the Mail app, or use www.outlook.com. To learn more about the Mail app, please click here. We also recommend all Windows Live Mail users on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 to upgrade to Windows 10 and use the built in Mail application to stay connected and get the latest feature updates. We suggest saving this email so you can refer to it later. Thanks for your understanding and continued use. Sincerely,
    The Outlook team

tracit99, Dec 14, 2015
  11. Went back and read the posts on page 4 of this thread. This is now clear for me. Win 10 users were never supposed to install this patch. Thanks!

Harrierbird, Dec 14, 2015
  12. tracit99 Win User
    I still use WLM (2011 in fact) and I am currently still receiving and sending mail (my MSN account has not been updated to Outlook Preview yet). When the change comes, hopefully there will have been an update for Windows 10 released. If not then I will have to find some other email client. I do not want to use the native Mail app in Windows 10 as recommended.

tracit99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM - Similar Threads - Update Live Essentials

2. Update Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Windows Live Mail 2012: Please go back to updating WLM... Since OE express, it is the BEST email program Microsoft has created. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-windows-live-mail-2012/429bf238-3bc5-46b2-89fd-8c5dcd86ef1c
  3. Update Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Windows Live Mail 2012: Please go back to updating WLM... Since OE express, it is the BEST email program Microsoft has created. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-windows-live-mail-2012/429bf238-3bc5-46b2-89fd-8c5dcd86ef1c
  4. Update Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail 2012: Hello, We use Windows Live Mail, but since yesterday we cannot send any mails anymore. The mails we receive have following error message : The message cannot be displayed Windows Live Mail has detected an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check that...
  6. Windows Live mail 2012

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live mail 2012: I use live mail 2012 and was aware of the end of support. 2 days ago I find my access to my emails has been blocked by error0x800C013E. Not able to send or receive and not able to open any of my email folders. No idea how to resolve. Can someone help?...
  7. Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Live Mail 2012: since windows 10 updates send link greyed out try as I may I can not resolve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/live-mail-2012/47c464e1-f0b6-4024-8b75-a054bc6181cf
  8. windows live mail 2012

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail 2012: Hi I have just installed windows 10 upgrade and everything is fine but my email. I use WLM 2012 for work with my work signature on it and it wont work properly. It seems to give this error message when i try and send " the message cannot be sent an error has occured"....
  9. New Outlook.com and Windows Essentials Live Mail (WLM)

in Browsers and Email
    New Outlook.com and Windows Essentials Live Mail (WLM): 16 June was the date MS started migrating Outlook.com accounts to the sync protocol supported by all MS messaging products. POP3 and IMAP are still supported. Two of my three Outlook.com accounts have been migrated. The symptom on my machine was that I could not connect...
  10. Live essentials 2012 failed to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live essentials 2012 failed to install: Hi all, hope some good sould could help me here.*Smile I want to install back live mail 2012 but at the end of the installation it keeps on reporting the following: It looks like another program is preventing the installer from working. Error: 0x80070643 Source:...