Windows 10: Update freeze soon after reboot to apply update

Discus and support Update freeze soon after reboot to apply update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have had this issue for a few months and want to try update to 1809, since I am currently on 1803. It prepares the install on the OS fine, but once... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DannySortino, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Update freeze soon after reboot to apply update

I have had this issue for a few months and want to try update to 1809, since I am currently on 1803. It prepares the install on the OS fine, but once it reboots to start actually updating it just freezes and stays stuck on that screen infinitely. Everytime I get error 0xc1900101 - 0x20017, and from looking around it looks to be some driver issue, yet in device manager there are no visible issues.

I looked through other posts which suggested disabling virtualisation, and also created a install media on my USB, removed my Anti-Virus, all of which still leads to the same issue.

I am trying as hard as I can to avoid just clean installing win 10 back onto my PC, since installing back all the software etc is fairly time consuming.

Here is a link to the Panther files (C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aSKzhSl9v1EOqys2d-f885ogEKKM6PUa/view?usp=sharing

If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated.

:)

DannySortino, Dec 28, 2018
  2. temp02 Win User

win 7 cant install update

• Boot into safe mode;
    • Open Code: %temp%[/quote] on Explorer;
    • Delete everything inside it;
    • Reboot;
    • Try to apply updates again;
    • PROFIT?

temp02, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 28, 2018
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Update freeze soon after reboot to apply update

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Update freeze soon after reboot to apply update :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Update freeze soon after reboot to apply update

1. Update freeze soon after reboot to apply update - Similar Threads - Update freeze soon

2. If server is rebooting and applying updates and taking long time and I reboot the firewall...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If server is rebooting and applying updates and taking long time and I reboot the firewall...: If server is rebooting and applying updates and taking long time and I reboot the firewall that should not impact server reboot process, correct? Server is on:...
  3. If server is rebooting and applying updates and taking long time and I reboot the firewall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If server is rebooting and applying updates and taking long time and I reboot the firewall...: If server is rebooting and applying updates and taking long time and I reboot the firewall that should not impact server reboot process, correct? Server is on:...
  4. If server is rebooting and applying updates and taking long time and I reboot the firewall...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 won't reboot or shut down or apply the updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 won't reboot or shut down or apply the updates: I am having problem with applying updates and restarting/shutting down on my new only a few months old Windows 11 machine. I've tried:* Windows -> Power and either "Update and shut down estimate: 4 min" or "Update and restart estimate: 4min". Clicking on either does nothing....
  6. Rebooting After Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Rebooting After Updates: Hi since this update KB5004296 was installed my PC yesterday, it reboots on its own. After this update was installed today KB5004331, it rebooted on it's own. Anybody else experienced this problem, is it a problem? 183372
  7. Freezing after update??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freezing after update??: Anyone else’s pc freeze after the new update? Happens about 30 mins after use. Freezes screen and it does not respond. I have a higher end gaming machine. submitted by /u/FocusPuRe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ky5to0/freezing_after_update/
  8. Windows Update Freezing After 1st Reboot

Windows Update Freezing After 1st Reboot: I've been having a really annoying problem recently. I am currently running Windows 10 Version 1809 which I installed back in February of 2019, one year ago. Since then, I have not been able to update Windows at all. Whenever I install an update, it'll restart at 30% like it...
  9. Windows 10 fails to reboot after applying latest OS cumulative updates

Windows 10 fails to reboot after applying latest OS cumulative updates: After either of the latest two Windows 10 version 1903 cumulative updates KB4530684 and KB4528760 is applied my PC an Acer Aspire fails to reboot. It gets stuck on a blank screen with the spinning circle running continuously. There is no way out. Pressing neither CTRL+ALT+DEL...
  10. Windows Insider Update freezes on "Working on Updates" after reboot

Windows Insider Update freezes on "Working on Updates" after reboot: Hey there, I'm not sure if there's an extra section for Insider stuff, so I'll post it here. Anyway, my problem is that for the past week I've been trying to get the 19H1 Insider Fast Ring update to work, but when my PC reboots to install the update and gets to the "Working...