Windows 10: update freezing my laptop

Discus and support update freezing my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Having trouble with laptop HP ProBook new as of nov. 2019 and now freezing and requiring power off shut down since mid February. I keep getting the HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wend510, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Wend510 Win User

update freezing my laptop

Having trouble with laptop HP ProBook new as of nov. 2019 and now freezing and requiring power off shut down since mid February.

I keep getting the HP sure start recovery "unauthorized change to secure boot keys' message then followed by "unable to complete the updates so undoing changes' message. Most recent updates when problem began were:

Windows 10 1909 on 3/2/2020

KB4537572 on 3/2/2020

KB4532693 on 2/14/2020

KB4537759non 2/14/2020

KB4538675 on 2/12/2020

A friend tried several things but no luck yet. Any suggestions? I don't wont to keep having to hard shut down and kill my new laptop.

Thanks.

:)

Wend510, Mar 7, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Laptop freezing after update

Hi,

One possible reason why your laptop freezes after update is due to corrupted files. To isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you follow the steps in this article by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you scan for corruptions. You may also perform the instructions in this

article
    to restore corrupted files.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 7, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Mar 7, 2020
  4. update freezing my laptop

My laptop randomly freezes and becomes completely unresponsive

Hi Mia,

You laptop freezing and hanging could be caused by different possible scenarios. For us to address your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made on your computer? Like an update or a new programs was installed.
    • Was there a specific activity you were on when the computer freezes.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

update freezing my laptop

1. update freezing my laptop - Similar Threads - update freezing laptop

2. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop freezes when updating windows 10: My laptop freezes when updating windows 10 and I force it to turn off by pressing the power button until it dies and when it starts up again it can't play valorant with error code VAL 5 and the laptop can't be shutdown, when I want to shutdown it will turn on again and so on....
  3. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop freezes when updating windows 10: My laptop freezes when updating windows 10 and I force it to turn off by pressing the power button until it dies and when it starts up again it can't play valorant with error code VAL 5 and the laptop can't be shutdown, when I want to shutdown it will turn on again and so on....
  4. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. gpu freezes my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gpu freezes my laptop: Hello i own a dell m4800 laptop for 2 years now and it was working finethis month i had a weird problem that happen while i was playing a game and the problem is that my laptop got frozen and it wouldn't let me do anything then i restarted the laptop and it kept on freezing...
  6. My laptop freeze

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop freeze: Dears I'm having a serious problem , my laptop when plugged and left opened ,, the windows dont respond and whole laptop dont respond , even when I press the Capslock button nothing change the led don't turn on or off ,, and the screen keep black ,, and the laptop is...
  7. Latest 1909 updates are causing my laptop to freeze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest 1909 updates are causing my laptop to freeze: I'm having to restart a couple of times a day. submitted by /u/k3v1n [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h90ok5/latest_1909_updates_are_causing_my_laptop_to/
  8. Latest update freezes my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update freezes my laptop: Once again, the latest update has caused an issue with my laptop. Since the update, every time my laptop goes into its power saving mode, on awakening the wireless network adapter has to be reset. Or it freezes, in black screen, and must be forced to power down. Why, oh...
  9. Latest update freezes my laptop

Latest update freezes my laptop: Hi everyone, when I installed the last MS major update on the weekend my laptop kept freezing. After wasting a whole day trying to solve the problem with all of the troubleshooting options for DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION, I finally resorted yesterday to restore the previous...
  10. My laptop freezes and hangs

My laptop freezes and hangs: I bought a Dell Windows laptop in late November - didn't use it until January of this year. I couldn't believe how often it froze and even blue-screened a few times. Dell kept working on it for 6 months - used about 30 hours of my time - they couldn't fix it and wouldn't...