Windows 10: Update from 1909 doesn't work

Discus and support Update from 1909 doesn't work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have struggled for a long time trying to update my 1909 to 20H2. I was getting the infamous The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Father2three, May 11, 2021.

1. Update from 1909 doesn't work

I have struggled for a long time trying to update my 1909 to 20H2. I was getting the infamous The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation 09xC1900101 - 0x20017 error coderegardless of the update method applied from Settings, Using update assistant or making an installation media I have been through all the guides mentioning DCIM, SFC, and so on and I have been helped by several MS support agents - at no avail. I have also disconnected all HW that I could disconnect and even uninstalled some RAM, as some people reported that could help. Bit

:)

Father2three, May 11, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Update from 1909 doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 11, 2021
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, May 11, 2021
  4. Update from 1909 doesn't work

Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

Update from 1909 doesn't work [​IMG]

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Update from 1909 doesn't work

1. Update from 1909 doesn't work - Similar Threads - Update 1909 doesn't

2. Cannot update from 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot update from 1909: Alright, this started out as a simple 'Can't install Minecraft' that has turned into this so here we go.I cannot for the life of me update my computer. I tried going through the Update section of settings, I tried the troubleshooter. But no matter what I do, nothing works. I...
  3. Windows Update from 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update from 1909: Hello so recently I have been trying to upgrade my windows to the 21h1 version and it's not working, right now I am on 1909 build and I was wondering if I can get any help I have tried the windows update assistant and it says I am compatible but it restarts my computer but...
  4. Windows Update from 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update from 1909: Hello so recently I have been trying to upgrade my windows to the 21h1 version and it's not working, right now I am on 1909 build and I was wondering if I can get any help I have tried the windows update assistant and it says I am compatible but it restarts my computer but...
  5. Can't update from 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't update from 1909: The 2004 didn't want to come to me through the regular Windows Update, stuck on "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page." I decided to manually update to 20H2 with the update assistant, it...
  6. Win 10 update from 1709 to 1909 not working

Win 10 update from 1709 to 1909 not working: So i have wind 10 and i have the update assistant and describing exactly what happens. I click windows update assistant it goes to 100% then does the second updating thing goes to 100% again then it asks me to restart i click restart, and then it starts installing the...
  7. Update to 2004 from 1909

in Browsers and Email
    Update to 2004 from 1909: Windows Updates offered to update to Windows 2004 which I did, it too over 1 hour to get to the lock screen and sign in screen. The only issues I have found were that I had to personalise my background picture on the desktop and I still have the issue with Edge Chromium where...
  8. 1909 Update not working.

1909 Update not working.: The problem is that I login like always but after logging in I get a black screen and it goes right back to the lock screen, it does this everytime I log in even after restarting. I already uninstalled and reinstalled it 2 times....
  9. Windows 10 Update 1909 doesn't work on my computer

Windows 10 Update 1909 doesn't work on my computer: I have been trying to update my computer first of all from 1803 to 1809 and now 1909 since May 2019 and it won't work for either. Microsoft have tried every possible method and they say only a clean install can now be tried. Why should I have to go to all this bother trying...
  10. Updating from 1803 to 1909

Updating from 1803 to 1909: Error message after a few hours of downloading and updating. 'Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the computer then restart the installation' after it downloads 100%, reaches a stage where it says something like you computer...