Windows 10: Update from April requires a restart to install, but it won't install

Discus and support Update from April requires a restart to install, but it won't install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This update claims it requires restarting, but there is no prompt to restart nor do restarts work to install it. KB4495666 in Quality Updates, second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by UpstartBook4874, May 4, 2019.

1. Update from April requires a restart to install, but it won't install

This update claims it requires restarting, but there is no prompt to restart nor do restarts work to install it. KB4495666 in Quality Updates, second Cumulative Update. Windows insider slow ring. Build 18362.86 while this update is for 18362.53. Is this a problem or am I updated past this? Is there a way to remove the update or the restart message.

Update from April requires a restart to install, but it won't install fb9577ea-8e6c-4a6e-9b64-607e993d7168?upload=true.png

:)

UpstartBook4874, May 4, 2019
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update from April requires a restart to install, but it won't install :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 4, 2019
  4. Update from April requires a restart to install, but it won't install

update Ovi Store install stil won`t work

thanks for your reaction,phone won`t install the ovi-store

johnnyloco---01, May 4, 2019
Thema:

Update from April requires a restart to install, but it won't install

1. Update from April requires a restart to install, but it won't install - Similar Threads - Update April requires

2. April Patch Tuesday update KB5001330 won't install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    April Patch Tuesday update KB5001330 won't install: I'm having trouble with KB5001330--it will download but not install. Other updates like the updates for Microsoft Defender download and install with no problem, but this one won't install; it gives me the error 0x800f0988. I checked out this error and found that it involves...
  3. PC won't boot at all from restarting during update installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't boot at all from restarting during update installation: I was doing some work on my PC, until I noticed that it started slowing down horribly from being updated. I tried going into the Settings tab and stopping/pausing the update from there, but the update tab won't even load for me. I hit restart on my PC and now it won't boot....
  4. Requires a restart to finish installing

Requires a restart to finish installing: I have restarted my pc for many times and I have used the troubleshooter for many times.still it shows me in my update history the following.can anyone help me?? Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 Requires a restart to finish installing...
  5. Windows 10 April 2018 Creator's Update won't install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 April 2018 Creator's Update won't install: Hello. I have been trying get the the April Creator's Update to work for months. It installs, then when the computer restarts it gets "stuck" at the Windows loading screen for a while, then once it it loads up it says the update has failed and it's "reverting changes". All...
  6. Windows update 1803 won't install - PC won't restart

Windows update 1803 won't install - PC won't restart: The system tries to push the update 1803 on a regular basis, but each time it fails to reboot. It hangs after the first BIOS initialisation and Windows tries to take over. Luckily I can get reset the PC and Windows recovers the PC to the former status. It shows the...
  7. Windows April Update Failed to Install

Windows April Update Failed to Install: My PC Windows 10 update was already downloaded (100%) in the Windows Update section in Settings. It says "Feature Update.... 1803". Then the installation only reached 4% and it stopped. How is this?...
  8. Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing'

Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing': Clean install of W10 and many updates are showing as 'Requiring a restart to finish installing'. Despite several restarts and full shut downs this situation remains. Windows update itself says it is up to date. 7083
  9. Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing

Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing: i updated the other day, and after it was done it asked for a restart. i restarted it and when it came back up it said it needed to restart. i continued what i was doing and when i was done restarted the computer. this has been going on for several days. [img] After the...
  10. Help!!! Windows Update Install Failed, But Restart Required

Help!!! Windows Update Install Failed, But Restart Required: Last night Windows 10 downloaded an update. It took hours to download, and prepare for the install. In the end, History shows that the update failed to install, but it still wants a Restart. Restarting does not make the message go away. I now always get the Update And...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 requires restart to finish

2. is there a restart required to the april 2018 update needed

3. requires a restart to finish installing 1803

4. windows 10 KB4502584 update cant clear Requires a restart to finish installing message in history