Windows 10: Update from Windows 10 Home S to Windows 10 Pro S

Discus and support Update from Windows 10 Home S to Windows 10 Pro S in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just bought a new laptop. My old laptop has Windows 10 Pro on it. The new one has Windows 10 Home S. I want to put Pro on my new laptop. Is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GMan1140, May 21, 2020.

1. GMan1140 Win User

Update from Windows 10 Home S to Windows 10 Pro S

I just bought a new laptop. My old laptop has Windows 10 Pro on it. The new one has Windows 10 Home S. I want to put Pro on my new laptop. Is that possible?

:)

GMan1140, May 21, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, May 21, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, May 21, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Update from Windows 10 Home S to Windows 10 Pro S - Similar Threads - Update Home Pro

2. Switching from Windows S to Home or Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching from Windows S to Home or Pro: Found a good deal on a new Lenovo laptop that has factory installed Windows S. Desire to switch to Home or Pro, preferably Pro. Have searched the forum and read the tutorials and threads, but no recent threads. (Realize this is not a common issue) - Anyone made this...
  3. Upgrading from Windows 10 S to either Windows 10 Home or Pro?

Upgrading from Windows 10 S to either Windows 10 Home or Pro?: What does it cost to upgrade a laptop computer from Windows 10 S to either Windows 10 Home or Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-windows-10-s-to-either-windows-10/a5af60f5-751c-4c71-97a0-87ec63f1a4df
  4. Windows 10 Home in S Mode -> Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home in S Mode -> Windows 10 Pro: Hi, I'm looking at getting an ACER Aspire 1 with Windows 10 Home in S mode, but I need standard Windows 10 Pro. Is it possible to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro without erasing the drive and reinstalling Windows?...
  5. Windows 10 S Mode to Windows 10 Home/Pro

Windows 10 S Mode to Windows 10 Home/Pro: I am thinking in about purchasing a laptop with Windows 10 S. How much is it going to cost to change it to Windows 10 Home or Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-s-mode-to-windows-10-homepro/aa16cb83-6960-4863-b0df-2fce199c8253
  6. How to change to Windows 10 Home from Windows 10 Home S?

How to change to Windows 10 Home from Windows 10 Home S?: I have tried several actions to change from Windows 10 Home S: Used Settings app Activation approach Updated the Microsoft Store App Rebooted several times I am still unable to update my new HP laptop from Windows 10 Home S to Windows 10 Home. The only reason I bought...
  7. Upgrade from Windows 10 S to Windows Pro

Upgrade from Windows 10 S to Windows Pro: Does anyone know how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-10-s-to-windows-pro/4357911b-22ff-493c-84c9-28826ac0ff04
  8. convert from windows 10 s to windows home

in Windows 10 Customization
    convert from windows 10 s to windows home: if I buy a laptop with windows 10 home S installed can I convert to windows 10 home free of charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-from-windows-10-s-to-windows-home/905f8432-32a3-41c5-bd74-0ad080302427
  9. Updating Windows 10 Pro - Error(s)

Updating Windows 10 Pro - Error(s): It has been a while since I logged in using my Toshiba Qosmio, so when I turned it on the first thing I did was to update Windows 10. However.............. I have two messages............. Message [ATTACH] Message As the self extracting application opens and runs...
  10. Switch to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 S

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Switch to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 S: How to: Switch from Windows 10 in S mode to Windows 10 Pro How to Switch from Windows 10 in S mode to Windows 10 Pro [img] Information S mode is an enhanced security mode of Windows 10. Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise in S mode powers affordable, cloud-ready devices...