Windows 10: Update from Windows Update Catalog not recognized by Windows Update

Discus and support Update from Windows Update Catalog not recognized by Windows Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have multiple computers and capped bandwidth for my home office, so I use Windows Update Catalog to grab large updates, then run each update on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cniggeler, Sep 4, 2019.

1. cniggeler Win User

Update from Windows Update Catalog not recognized by Windows Update

Hi, I have multiple computers and capped bandwidth for my home office, so I use Windows Update Catalog to grab large updates, then run each update on multiple machines.

The problem is, the last few times for Windows 10, Windows Update does not "know" the update occurred, so it downloads the Very Large Update again! From what I can see, it then realizes the update is installed, since the install progress goes from 0 to 100 very rapidly.

How can I get Windows Update to recognize the updates occurring "manually" via executing updates obtained from Windows Update Catalog? Thanks!

:)

cniggeler, Sep 4, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile Update from Windows Update Catalog not recognized by Windows Update :)

Thermopylae_480, Sep 4, 2019
  4. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Update from Windows Update Catalog not recognized by Windows Update - Similar Threads - Update Update Catalog

2. Windows Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Catalog: The search control on the Windows Catalog Update page does not find anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-catalog/439e2857-b092-48de-8432-d046320cc715
  3. Windows Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Catalog: The search control on the Windows Catalog Update page does not find anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-catalog/439e2857-b092-48de-8432-d046320cc715
  4. APIs for windows update catalog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    APIs for windows update catalog: I am trying to get API for this websiteMicrosoft Update Catalogbecause I want to collect the list of all the KBIDs exist. or get information about a particular KBID.can anyone help?...
  5. APIs for windows update catalog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    APIs for windows update catalog: I am trying to get API for this websiteMicrosoft Update Catalogbecause I want to collect the list of all the KBIDs exist. or get information about a particular KBID.can anyone help?...
  6. Inject Drivers from Windows Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inject Drivers from Windows Update Catalog: Hi, Firstly wasn't sure if this should go here or in the driver group! I've got a custom 21H1 WIM, done totally manually using DISM. I also store the .exe files on the USB stick for the vendor drivers but want to automate this bit. Using MDT/SCCM etc. no problem, but never...
  7. MS Updates Catalog Not Updating ?

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Updates Catalog Not Updating ?: Hello,Once a day I visit the "MS Update Catalog" if there is / are new updates for my system. (Auto update is turned off).I enter in the search box 1903 x64 which is my system. For almost two weeks there were no new updates (even today 16-Jul).From your site, in the "News"...
  8. Windows Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update Catalog: I don't know if MS had suddenly planned this but it appears MU Catalog has issues when searching. This issue started about 2 months ago; let's go trying an example: When look for VEN_8086&DEV_A102 Intel SATA AHCI Driver Tried...
  9. Windows Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Catalog: My Windows updated automatically to 1803 17134.407 and worsen my gaming performance, so I'd like to get back to the version I was using before. I found that the last version I know I used and was fine was 1803 KB4457128. I found it in Windows Update Catalog, but how exactly...
  10. Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog: How to: Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog [img] Information Most users obtain Windows Updates automatically through the Windows Update Service (aka WUS). Sometimes, however, an update may fail to download or install properly. At other...