Windows 10: Update gave me BSOD

Discus and support Update gave me BSOD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last night my laptop would give me the Bsod everytime i turned it on. I managed to fix it by doing a system restore. I turned it on today and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Toni99999, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Toni99999 Win User

Update gave me BSOD

Last night my laptop would give me the Bsod everytime i turned it on.

I managed to fix it by doing a system restore.

I turned it on today and it worked all fine and dandy, but then i went to check windows updates and it was installing the new update in the background.

I stopped it for 7 days and turned my laptop off because i had to go somewhere.

When i came back and turned it on, it gave me the bsod again im currently doing another system restore so i can log in.

How can i fix this? I really need my laptop for studies and i cant even use it anymore without it giving me the bsod and waiting 5hrs for the system restore...

Ive heared that the new update broke pc's, how can i fix this?

:)

Toni99999, Jun 14, 2020
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Update gave me BSOD [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Jun 14, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update gave me BSOD :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Update gave me BSOD

ughhh! BSOD on boot

I guess my computer BSOD on boot right before getting to windows. not sure what the problem is though, everything is stable.

It gave me a list of two files in windows that could have caused the problems

MxPhenom 216, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Update gave me BSOD

1. Update gave me BSOD - Similar Threads - Update gave BSOD

2. Up grade gave me a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Up grade gave me a black screen: My computer updated to Windows 11 and I now have a black screen. How do I get my home page back in full? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/up-grade-gave-me-a-black-screen/4c46ffc8-6771-491b-9e60-a43faf6f2fe3
  3. Up grade gave me a black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Up grade gave me a black screen: My computer updated to Windows 11 and I now have a black screen. How do I get my home page back in full? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/up-grade-gave-me-a-black-screen/4c46ffc8-6771-491b-9e60-a43faf6f2fe3
  4. Up grade gave me a black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 update tool gave me the wrong version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update tool gave me the wrong version: upgrading from win 8.1 pro 64.......received win 10 home 64....do not understand how that happened. bios restriction?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-tool-gave-me-the-wrong-version/639548b0-b813-48a7-8d81-48ae12b21fc6
  6. Yesterdays update gave me a BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Yesterdays update gave me a BSOD: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED I can't use a restore point, repair it using startup, or even reset it because apparently it said "an update is still going on in the background" or something like that. I do have a CD, is that my only option? submitted by /u/k3hvn [link] [comments]...
  7. New kb4505903 update gave me a bsod with 0xc0000142 stop code

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New kb4505903 update gave me a bsod with 0xc0000142 stop code: After my computer tried to restart while updating it blue screens with a 0xc0000142 stop code and restarts to another blue screen. I've tried commands in command prompt and startup repair always fails. I can't uninstall updates and I could only get it working by resetting my...
  8. A recent windows 10 Update that gave me bit miner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A recent windows 10 Update that gave me bit miner: Explanation So im just doing my usuall buisiness one night, decided to shut down my computer and go to sleep, as usual there was an update and i coudnt shut down without "updating and shut down", nothing unsuall there but the next morning, the update fails and changes start...
  9. Update gave me a new drive letter -- I don't want it!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update gave me a new drive letter -- I don't want it!: Hello, the most recent update of Windows 10 -- V1803, Build 17134.48 -- added a D drive to my collections of drives, causing me aggravation as I had previously assigned that drive letter to my Dropbox folders. The additional annoyance is the periodic warning that the drive is...
  10. Update gave me a new drive letter

in Windows 10 Support
    Update gave me a new drive letter: Hello, the most recent update of Windows 10 -- V1803, Build 17134.48 -- added a D drive to my collections of drives, causing me aggravation as I had previously assigned that drive letter to my Dropbox folders. The additional annoyance is the periodic warning that the drive is...