Windows 10: Update glitches

Discus and support Update glitches in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have HP Pavilion laptop bought just two weeks ago with Windows 10 preinstalled . I'm having serious glitches with updates. First since yesterday... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Leonid, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Leonid Win User

Update glitches

Hi, I have HP Pavilion laptop bought just two weeks ago with Windows 10 preinstalled . I'm having serious glitches with updates. First since yesterday I see all the time in the power menu options "Update and restart" and "Update and shoot down", however whenever I hit "Update and restart" it just restarts without any update being installed and the same option "update and restart"/"update and shoot down" appears again. The second glitch is pertaining to update schedule. I change the update option from automatic to "notify me" and changed time scheduled at convenient time, however whenever I restart my computer the scheduled restart time jumps back to 3 AM "tomorrow". Thus actually when I'm leaving my computer to download something overnight it is going to restart by itself. What should I do?

:)

Leonid, Apr 12, 2016

2. Cleanmgr.exe glitch? Or Windows Update glitch? Or normal?

Hi,

Since there's no issue/problem when doing a defrag. We suggest that you just continue and disregard the inaccurate information given.

Regards.

Radney Dri, Apr 12, 2016
  3. Cleanmgr.exe glitch? Or Windows Update glitch? Or normal?

I clean and defrag my HDD every 2-3 months manually. They usually function fine, but today, this happens.

I only have a 500GB HDD, but how can cleanmgr.exe manage to find nearly 4TB of trash from Windows Update? That's 8 times of content my HDD will ever hold.
    Update glitches [​IMG]

AlexanderLeung, Apr 12, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Update glitches

Hi, could you post a screenshot of your update history please?

Update glitches [​IMG]

dalchina, Apr 13, 2016
  5. Run CMD as admin and enter this:

reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU" /v "AlwaysAutoRebootAtScheduledTime" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU" /v "NoAutoRebootWithLoggedOnUsers" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

As for fixing Windows Updates, try this, run it as admin:

TairikuOkami, Apr 13, 2016
  6. Leonid Win User
    Here is screenshot

Update glitches [​IMG]
    Actually the problem with update schedule was sorted somehow, while when I've tried to run WUfix file it was blocked by Smart Screen

Leonid, Apr 13, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Hi, there is an option on the Smart Screen dialogue to let it run anyway..

dalchina, Apr 13, 2016
  8. Leonid Win User

Update glitches

Ok, I run this file, but it did nothing

Leonid, Apr 13, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    First go here, try the troubleshooter:

Update glitches [​IMG]

Try Tweaking.com's repair tool (freeware).
    Untick all the other repairs, select only Windows update.
    Note the cautious stages preceding the repair. You'd be wise to observe at least some of these.

dalchina, Apr 13, 2016
  10. Leonid Win User
    Actually I did try troubleshooter, it didn't help. Well, thanks, don't thing will try something that may hurt the system

Leonid, Apr 13, 2016
  11. dalchina New Member
    Thank you so much for thinking I'd suggest sthg that would do damage.

I was going to make another comment, but I'll leave you to this. Good luck.

dalchina, Apr 13, 2016
  12. Leonid Win User
    Sorry for offending you. I ran this tool, it found quite a score of crashes, some of which I experienced indeed some others I didn't noticed at all. But unfortunately the repair function (or so I understood) isn't done for free...

Leonid, Apr 13, 2016
  13. 4AM
    4am Win User

Update glitches

Holy crap, this is a life-saver! Thank you for this!

Thema:

Update glitches

1. Update glitches - Similar Threads - Update glitches

2. Graphics and resolution glitch after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics and resolution glitch after Windows 11 update: Shortly after updating, I noticed a problem with my pc. I was downloading a game while watching YouTube and the YouTube video quality was really bad, which I assumed was just an issue with the internet since I was downloading something. Except the internet browser was not the...
  3. Graphics and resolution glitch after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics and resolution glitch after Windows 11 update: Shortly after updating, I noticed a problem with my pc. I was downloading a game while watching YouTube and the YouTube video quality was really bad, which I assumed was just an issue with the internet since I was downloading something. Except the internet browser was not the...
  4. Audio Glitch Issues After Drivers Update - Seek Advice - ASUS ROG Strix G17 with Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Glitch Issues After Drivers Update - Seek Advice - ASUS ROG Strix G17 with Windows 11...: I'm reaching out for some help regarding a persistent and baffling problem with my ASUS ROG Strix G17 G713PV-HX050, powered by an AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX, RTX 4060,144Hz ,64GB RAM, dual 512GB SSDsI bought it new and after some time Windows has updated and replaced my original AMD...
  5. Audio Glitch Issues After Drivers Update - Seek Advice - ASUS ROG Strix G17 with Windows 11...

Audio Glitch Issues After Drivers Update - Seek Advice - ASUS ROG Strix G17 with Windows 11...: I'm reaching out for some help regarding a persistent and baffling problem with my ASUS ROG Strix G17 G713PV-HX050, powered by an AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX, RTX 4060,144Hz ,64GB RAM, dual 512GB SSDsI bought it new and after some time Windows has updated and replaced my original AMD...
  6. windows update deleted all of my restore points, made vscode stop workin, and glitched the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update deleted all of my restore points, made vscode stop workin, and glitched the...: First of all, i hate windows update to the bones. second of all, the title. installed the update because i had no choice this is the update ->...
  7. windows update deleted all of my restore points, made vscode stop workin, and glitched the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update deleted all of my restore points, made vscode stop workin, and glitched the...: First of all, i hate windows update to the bones. second of all, the title. installed the update because i had no choice this is the update ->...
  8. windows update deleted all of my restore points, made vscode stop workin, and glitched the...

9. Windows Update Glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Glitch: My windows has a glitch where every time i try to turn my pc on it says updating then it will get to 100 and fail and redo changed and retry and it happens for about 5 minutes and i have even reinstalled windows can any one help...
  10. Windows Update Glitch

Windows Update Glitch: My windows has a glitch where every time i try to turn my pc on it says updating then it will get to 100 and fail and redo changed and retry and it happens for about 5 minutes and i have even reinstalled windows can any one help...