Windows 10: Update hangs at 30%

Discus and support Update hangs at 30% in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, Every Microsoft update that I have whenever I restart my PC it always hangs at 30% and the little loading icon freezes, does anybody else have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by partians, Aug 14, 2015.

1. partians Win User

Update hangs at 30%

Hello,
    Every Microsoft update that I have whenever I restart my PC it always hangs at 30% and the little loading icon freezes, does anybody else have this issue or is it just me?

Any help to resolve this would be appreciated.

:)

partians, Aug 14, 2015
  2. LoraWhe Win User

Windows 10 install taking forever.

I started update yesterday - hang up 30% forever - is it okay to turn off??

LoraWhe, Aug 14, 2015
  3. 735 phone

Latest Win 10 update seems to hang during install, just get blue Windows icon for like 30 minutes plus

JohnParkerTx, Aug 14, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

Update hangs at 30%

I've never had this issue with any version of windows. Did Dell install Windows for you? Did they give you a copy of Windows disc?

Try booting into safe mode and see if that works. During start up, mash F8 as soon as your keyboard lights come on.

swarfega, Aug 14, 2015
  5. partians Win User
    This is a custom build PC - I did an upgrade from 8.1 to 10.
    What I mean by when it hangs is after the update has installed and it asks for a restart, I restart it straight away then it goes upto 30% then stops, I have to hold the power button in to turn it off and then when I boot it up it finishes the update and boots as normal.

partians, Aug 14, 2015
  6. sn00ker Win User
    Do you know what your boot order is set at ?

sn00ker, Aug 14, 2015
  7. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Aug 14, 2015
  8. partians Win User

Update hangs at 30%

What do you mean?
    Sorry.

partians, Aug 14, 2015
  9. partians Win User
    That would have to be the ABSOLUTE last resort as I have documents that I kinda need and I don't have a USB flash to back up.

partians, Aug 14, 2015
  10. essenbe Win User
    I don't know if this will help or not, but go to Windows Update, select Advanced and uncheck the box to download updates for other Microsoft products. Reboot and try it again.

essenbe, Aug 14, 2015
  11. partians Win User
    The issue happened when installing the following the following update:
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081438)

Will try that now, thanks.

partians, Aug 14, 2015
  12. sn00ker Win User
    What I mean is when your system is trying to restart it doesn't see the correct boot up path, maybe your boot order in the bios is set at your DVD drive first or also maybe you have usb stuff plug into your computer . Do you have any usb devises plug in to your computer ? Try removing them ... And take a look at your bios setting as to what is showing in the boot order. When your not updating your system and just turn it on do you have any problems, does it load up good / quick ?

sn00ker, Aug 14, 2015
  13. partians Win User

Update hangs at 30%

My boot up is SSD then HDD, OS is on SSD - I don't have a DVD Drive, don't really need them.

partians, Aug 14, 2015
  14. sn00ker Win User
    Okay good , do you have any usb devises plug in ? And does windows load / start up okay when you just turn on the computer ?

sn00ker, Aug 14, 2015
  15. partians Win User
    I have my headset, kb and mouse that's only connected in.
    Yeah, it loads absolutely fine, it's just the update, I had this issue when I was upgrading from 8.0 to 8.1 in 8.1 it actually fixed the issue.

partians, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

Update hangs at 30%

1. Update hangs at 30% - Similar Threads - Update hangs 30%

2. Update hangs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update hangs: Trying to install Windows update, it gets to 61% and hangs. Now i cannot get it to clear so i can try to reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-hangs/999316aa-19b2-4079-804b-8b67b090c163
  3. Update hangs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update hangs: Trying to install Windows update, it gets to 61% and hangs. Now i cannot get it to clear so i can try to reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-hangs/999316aa-19b2-4079-804b-8b67b090c163
  4. Update hangs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Updates hanging.

Updates hanging.: I`m well and truly SICK TO THE BACK TEETH of Windows 10 updates hanging.EVERY single month the cumulative updates HANG on installation, causing days of slow running computer.WHEN are Microsoft going to rectify this problem ??. WHY can`t you test the updates BEFORE releasing...
  6. Update stuck at 30%

Update stuck at 30%: My laptop has dual-boot, Windows 10, and Ubuntu 20. Today I tried the update file provided on the Microsoft website, but unfortunately, when it tries to reboot to complete the update it stuck at 30% and I cannot enter into Windows. Note: I can use Ubuntu with no problem....
  7. 0x800705b4 Update Hangs, Update Troubleshoot Hangs, sfc /scannow Hangs

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    0x800705b4 Update Hangs, Update Troubleshoot Hangs, sfc /scannow Hangs: I have tried updating a few times, it hangs for a full day or longer if you let it. I have tried the updated trouble shooter, it hangs as long as you allow it to run I have tried sfc /scannow and it hangs as long as you allow it to run I have also run windows defender, it...
  8. Working on updates 30%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Working on updates 30%: My laptop won't update no matter what I do. It restarts just fine several times, but after the last restart when it says "Working on updates 30%", the circle is just spinning, but it doesn't progress at all. I left it for the night, and it still didn't budge in the morning. I...
  9. Windows Hanging after Lock Screen 30 min+

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hanging after Lock Screen 30 min+: My computer works fine with no issues being for long periods of time, but when I lock my computer (WIN + L) if its locked for about 30 min or so everything freezes (the keyboard and mouse don't work) and I have to restart for it to work again. I've tried unplugging and...
  10. Scheduled updates - Appear to hang at 30 % reboot. Is it OK to switch off and restart?

Scheduled updates - Appear to hang at 30 % reboot. Is it OK to switch off and restart?: The update includes reliability improvements that affect the update service components in Windows 10 Versions 1507, 1511, 1607, 1703 and 1709. Hung for 12 hours showing 30% completion. I powered off . Should I be powering off or not? How do we find out what is hanging?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gateway dx4860 windows 10 freezes 30%

2. windows 10 update always stalls at 30%

3. windows update freezing at 30%

4. updatings windows hangs at 30%,
  5. gateway dx4860 windows 10 1903 update hang 30%,
  6. windows update stalls at 30% then blue screens,
  7. win 7 freezes at 30% updates,
  8. windows 7 update 30%