Windows 10: Update hangs at 30%

Discus and support Update hangs at 30% in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have my headset, kb and mouse that's only connected in. Yeah, it loads absolutely fine, it's just the update, I had this issue when I was upgrading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by partians, Aug 14, 2015.

1. sn00ker Win User

Update hangs at 30%

Its always best when upgrading not to have anything but kb and mouse plug in and to turn off your firewall and disable the anti-virus program . My system and I believe all system just gets to the 30% with MS update site and then it reboots but in your case it isn't . This why I was asking those questions just to eliminate other possibility before doing a reinstall

sn00ker, Aug 14, 2015
  2. partians Win User

When I upgraded I had KB and Mouse only, firewall and Windows Defender disabled, I even had my second monitor unplugged just incase.

FYI: I have already upgraded successfully it's just when I do updates this is when it hangs, not the upgrade set up, just incase you're confused ha.

partians, Aug 14, 2015
  3. sn00ker Win User
    I would suggest try a clean install now too

sn00ker, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Kekke Win User

Update hangs at 30%

Hi there....

1) Try to disconnect UTP-cable(disconnect internet)........2) then hold power button down, restart system........
    3)It works for me--> installation updates "move on"............windows starts up(and installs updates, even with internet disconected).......4) then: Power down.5) Plug UTP-cable back in......6) restart system.......OK( it always worked for me........hope this helps *Wink

Kekke, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Update hangs at 30%

1. Update hangs at 30% - Similar Threads - Update hangs 30%

2. Update hangs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update hangs: Trying to install Windows update, it gets to 61% and hangs. Now i cannot get it to clear so i can try to reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-hangs/999316aa-19b2-4079-804b-8b67b090c163
  3. Update hangs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update hangs: Trying to install Windows update, it gets to 61% and hangs. Now i cannot get it to clear so i can try to reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-hangs/999316aa-19b2-4079-804b-8b67b090c163
  4. Update hangs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Updates hanging.

Updates hanging.: I`m well and truly SICK TO THE BACK TEETH of Windows 10 updates hanging.EVERY single month the cumulative updates HANG on installation, causing days of slow running computer.WHEN are Microsoft going to rectify this problem ??. WHY can`t you test the updates BEFORE releasing...
  6. Update stuck at 30%

Update stuck at 30%: My laptop has dual-boot, Windows 10, and Ubuntu 20. Today I tried the update file provided on the Microsoft website, but unfortunately, when it tries to reboot to complete the update it stuck at 30% and I cannot enter into Windows. Note: I can use Ubuntu with no problem....
  7. 0x800705b4 Update Hangs, Update Troubleshoot Hangs, sfc /scannow Hangs

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    0x800705b4 Update Hangs, Update Troubleshoot Hangs, sfc /scannow Hangs: I have tried updating a few times, it hangs for a full day or longer if you let it. I have tried the updated trouble shooter, it hangs as long as you allow it to run I have tried sfc /scannow and it hangs as long as you allow it to run I have also run windows defender, it...
  8. Working on updates 30%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Working on updates 30%: My laptop won't update no matter what I do. It restarts just fine several times, but after the last restart when it says "Working on updates 30%", the circle is just spinning, but it doesn't progress at all. I left it for the night, and it still didn't budge in the morning. I...
  9. Windows Hanging after Lock Screen 30 min+

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hanging after Lock Screen 30 min+: My computer works fine with no issues being for long periods of time, but when I lock my computer (WIN + L) if its locked for about 30 min or so everything freezes (the keyboard and mouse don't work) and I have to restart for it to work again. I've tried unplugging and...
  10. Scheduled updates - Appear to hang at 30 % reboot. Is it OK to switch off and restart?

Scheduled updates - Appear to hang at 30 % reboot. Is it OK to switch off and restart?: The update includes reliability improvements that affect the update service components in Windows 10 Versions 1507, 1511, 1607, 1703 and 1709. Hung for 12 hours showing 30% completion. I powered off . Should I be powering off or not? How do we find out what is hanging?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update 30% complete hanging

2. windows update stalls at 30% then blue screens

3. windows update gets to 30% the reboots.

4. why do my windows updates stall at 30%