Windows 10: Update hangs at 54%

Discus and support Update hangs at 54% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Almost every day Windows 10 tries to update itself. But after a loooong wait, the process stops at 54% and the update animation ( the little circles )... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OmarReis, Oct 7, 2019.

1. OmarReis Win User

Update hangs at 54%

Almost every day Windows 10 tries to update itself. But after a loooong wait, the process stops at 54% and the update animation ( the little circles ) stops. I have to press the On-off button for a couple seconds, and Windows restores de previous version.

How can I correct this problem ?

I feel my machine is at risk, since it is not using the latest security patches...

:)

OmarReis, Oct 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 update hangs on downloading updates at 98%

Hi vinodh,

In step 3 you state to press enter after after each command but its written like one sentence,could you list them so we can identify each command please.my pc just hangs on "checking for updates" so i installed the win 10 updater and that just hangs on 99%
    so i will try what you suggest above.

Thanks

but not with this email add, Oct 10, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. OmarReis Win User

Update hangs at 54%

Update hangs at 54%

Almost every day Windows 10 tries to update itself. But after a loooong wait, the process stops at 54% and the update animation ( the little circles ) stops. I have to press the On-off button for a couple seconds, and Windows restores de previous version.

How can I correct this problem ?

I feel my machine is at risk, since it is not using the latest security patches...

OmarReis, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Update hangs at 54%

1. Update hangs at 54% - Similar Threads - Update hangs 54%

2. 54% ram usage with no app open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    54% ram usage with no app open: I am on windows 11. I am getting a 50%-57% ram usage even when I have no app open. I have 8gb ram installed with 7.73gb usable ram and because half the ram is already being used it causes intense lag and very late responds while playing games. Is there a way to decrease the...
  3. Update hangs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update hangs: Trying to install Windows update, it gets to 61% and hangs. Now i cannot get it to clear so i can try to reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-hangs/999316aa-19b2-4079-804b-8b67b090c163
  4. Update hangs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update hangs: Trying to install Windows update, it gets to 61% and hangs. Now i cannot get it to clear so i can try to reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-hangs/999316aa-19b2-4079-804b-8b67b090c163
  5. Update hangs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Updates hanging.

Updates hanging.: I`m well and truly SICK TO THE BACK TEETH of Windows 10 updates hanging.EVERY single month the cumulative updates HANG on installation, causing days of slow running computer.WHEN are Microsoft going to rectify this problem ??. WHY can`t you test the updates BEFORE releasing...
  7. 0x800705b4 Update Hangs, Update Troubleshoot Hangs, sfc /scannow Hangs

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    0x800705b4 Update Hangs, Update Troubleshoot Hangs, sfc /scannow Hangs: I have tried updating a few times, it hangs for a full day or longer if you let it. I have tried the updated trouble shooter, it hangs as long as you allow it to run I have tried sfc /scannow and it hangs as long as you allow it to run I have also run windows defender, it...
  8. Update hanging on 57%

Update hanging on 57%: Hello I am trying to update another Windows 10 computer and it just hanged at 57% can Microsoft help me out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-hanging-on-57/df2c6514-8c4d-45cf-83be-c3562a64ba65
  9. working on updates 54% stuck

working on updates 54% stuck: it has been 1 hours or more its stuck at 54%. im update my windows before it 1709. and get notif that i must update to 1803. before i have failed update 3-4 times. so now i try using windows update assisstant. but now stuck at 54% after it say need to restart. it has been...
  10. working on update 54% stuck

working on update 54% stuck: so i update my windows to 1803. using windows update assisstant and after it done from that application. it restart, and after that it show. working on update 54%. dont turn off this will take a while. it has been show that screen witch white text and have screen colored...