Windows 10: Update hangs at 54%

Discus and support Update hangs at 54% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Almost every day Windows 10 tries to update itself. But after a loooong wait, the process stops at 54% and the update animation ( the little circles )... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OmarReis, Oct 7, 2019.

1. OmarReis Win User

Update hangs at 54%

Almost every day Windows 10 tries to update itself. But after a loooong wait, the process stops at 54% and the update animation ( the little circles ) stops. I have to press the On-off button for a couple seconds, and Windows restores de previous version.

How can I correct this problem ?

I feel my machine is at risk, since it is not using the latest security patches...

:)

OmarReis, Oct 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 update hangs on downloading updates at 98%

Hi vinodh,

In step 3 you state to press enter after after each command but its written like one sentence,could you list them so we can identify each command please.my pc just hangs on "checking for updates" so i installed the win 10 updater and that just hangs on 99%
    so i will try what you suggest above.

Thanks

but not with this email add, Oct 10, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. OmarReis Win User

Update hangs at 54%

Update hangs at 54%

Almost every day Windows 10 tries to update itself. But after a loooong wait, the process stops at 54% and the update animation ( the little circles ) stops. I have to press the On-off button for a couple seconds, and Windows restores de previous version.

How can I correct this problem ?

I feel my machine is at risk, since it is not using the latest security patches...

OmarReis, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Update hangs at 54%

1. Update hangs at 54% - Similar Threads - Update hangs 54%

2. Settings/Update & security/Windows Update hangs

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Settings/Update & security/Windows Update hangs: Upgraded from ISO to 18995.1 via UUP Dump as was getting error 0x8007023e using Windows Update Now Settings/Update & security/Windows Update hangs If I then retry Windows Update it doesn't even start and I have to reboot to even get it run again after which it hangs Ran DISM...
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 stuck at 54%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Windows 10 stuck at 54%: Hin I've seen lots of evidence of the issues regarding upgrading older laptops but nothing seems to be a definitive answer. i3 HP Pavillion DV6 3112sa 64bit w 4GB RAM, intelHD graphics /Radeon HD5 mobility card /30GB HDD left. I an replacing w 1TB SSD / 8GB RAM to get the...
  4. Updating Windows 7 to Windows 10. Getting sick at 54% installing and have to reboot

Updating Windows 7 to Windows 10. Getting sick at 54% installing and have to reboot: Hin I've seen lots of evidence of the issues regarding upgrading older laptops but nothing seems to be a definitive answer. i3 HP Pavillion DV6 3112sa 64bit w 4GB RAM, intelHD graphics /Radeon HD5 mobility card /30GB HDD left. I an replacing w 1TB SSD / 8GB RAM to get the...
  5. Windows 10 1809 update hangs on reboot, then hangs on recovery

Windows 10 1809 update hangs on reboot, then hangs on recovery: When I try reboot my PC to install update 1809, it stays stuck forever on the blue shutdown screen, with the spinning blue dots and the counter at 0%. Here's the output from the last operations in Panther\setupact.log: 2018-10-06 01:29:33, Info SP...
  6. working on updates 54% stuck

working on updates 54% stuck: it has been 1 hours or more its stuck at 54%. im update my windows before it 1709. and get notif that i must update to 1803. before i have failed update 3-4 times. so now i try using windows update assisstant. but now stuck at 54% after it say need to restart. it has been...
  7. working on update 54% stuck

working on update 54% stuck: so i update my windows to 1803. using windows update assisstant and after it done from that application. it restart, and after that it show. working on update 54%. dont turn off this will take a while. it has been show that screen witch white text and have screen colored...
  8. Windows 10 update hangs

Windows 10 update hangs: When I click on settings>Update & Security, my laptop now automatically checks for updates. The problem is that the little blue dots passing by in the update search screen have been doing this for over two hours. I can't click on Advanced to check the history due to this. Is...
  9. Creators Update Hangs at 23%

Creators Update Hangs at 23%: i've had 4 out of 5 tried end up unsucessfull the only time it completed some of the tweaks for making 10 look like 7, caused 10 to no longer "Sign in" (i'd give my password then brought back to Sign in screen) i understand this is an issue atm, has anyone had a working...
  10. Update hangs at 30%

Update hangs at 30%: Hello, Every Microsoft update that I have whenever I restart my PC it always hangs at 30% and the little loading icon freezes, does anybody else have this issue or is it just me? Any help to resolve this would be appreciated. 16444