Windows 10: Update has corrupted my computer

Discus and support Update has corrupted my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; You have just performed an update on my new laptop and I get "Something happened and our PIN isn't available. Click to see up your PIN again." This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Linwxl, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Linwxl Win User

Update has corrupted my computer

You have just performed an update on my new laptop and I get "Something happened and our PIN isn't available. Click to see up your PIN again." This opens a box for me to log into Microsoft but the keyboard doesn't work so I can't do anything. I have restarted the computer quite a few times and have even tried to just shut down, but it won't work

:)

Linwxl, Mar 4, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 4, 2021
  3. corrupt hdd

I have an 8 year old ibm thinkpad r51 and it now has a corrupt internal hdd...... i dont no much about computers so please suggest what i should do?

unistarviv, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Update has corrupted my computer

explorer.exe corrupted

Hello,

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing system files.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Step 2: Run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Run Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Memory Diagnostic
    • Select Windows Memory Diagnostics
      and click on Restart now and check for problems.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Try all the above mentioned steps and update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Update has corrupted my computer

1. Update has corrupted my computer - Similar Threads - Update has corrupted

2. windows 11 updated has completely corrupted my system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 updated has completely corrupted my system: My system downloaded windows 11. My system won't boot, and when I go into recovery options, anything I try doesn't work as it's not recognizing my password. I can't get to the command prompt. Nothing happens when I try all the options in start up in recovery. What can I do?...
  3. windows 11 updated has completely corrupted my system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 updated has completely corrupted my system: My system downloaded windows 11. My system won't boot, and when I go into recovery options, anything I try doesn't work as it's not recognizing my password. I can't get to the command prompt. Nothing happens when I try all the options in start up in recovery. What can I do?...
  4. After windows update my computer got corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After windows update my computer got corrupted: I installed an update, it was a secondary one. It said error and tried to recover but it just didn't, I get the error 0xc00001, 0x000021a, damaged kernel and system32 files damaged. The laptop boots up, and then dies, multiple times, when I managed to get to the...
  5. After windows update my computer got corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After windows update my computer got corrupted: I installed an update, it was a secondary one. It said error and tried to recover but it just didn't, I get the error 0xc00001, 0x000021a, damaged kernel and system32 files damaged. The laptop boots up, and then dies, multiple times, when I managed to get to the...
  6. After windows update my computer got corrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Microsoft update has corrupted my laptop - now unusable

Microsoft update has corrupted my laptop - now unusable: Earlier this week when shutting down, my laptop gave me the ‘Update and shut down’ option, which i selected. The next day, i start my laptop to find it takes me to a blue screen, something along the lines of ‘Windows encountered an error, reporting, 0%’. After 10 minutes,...
  8. Most recent Windows update corrupted my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Most recent Windows update corrupted my computer.: I recently did the recommended update that took all night. Now my sign on screen comes up and allows me to sign in. Once the sign on is complete my screen picture comes up, but none of the applications show up and you cannot access the settings. I took it to the local...
  9. My computer has almost daily crashes and all downloads are corrupt.

My computer has almost daily crashes and all downloads are corrupt.: My computer has been frequently crashing lately. I cant remember when this started but it is very prevalent and a constant problem. Another issue is that downloads never complete as they are entirely corrupted data which I can not repair do the repair download corrupting as...
  10. Windows 10 - another update that I did not want has corrupted my computer

Windows 10 - another update that I did not want has corrupted my computer: After uninstalling the windows 10 update assistant numerous times, changing registries to stop it from reinstalling, I left my computer on overnight. To my absolute delight the windows 10 update assistant had been reinstalled, and was about to install another update. I was...