Windows 10: Update has locked me out of my PC, any ideas?

Discus and support Update has locked me out of my PC, any ideas? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/VapeInMyPussyBoi [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VapeInMyPussyBoi, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Update has locked me out of my PC, any ideas?

/u/VapeInMyPussyBoi, Mar 13, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 13, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Update has locked me out of my PC, any ideas?

Random lock up, in DESPERATE need of help.

Lock ups can be caused by overheating, or sound failure.

Make sure you update your chipset drivers for audio. Also tell me step by step of how you install your heatsink.

Hybrid_theory, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Update has locked me out of my PC, any ideas?

1. Update has locked me out of my PC, any ideas? - Similar Threads - Update has locked

2. Bitlocker has locked me out of my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker has locked me out of my PC: Bitlocker has turned itself on after an automatic update and now it locked me out of my computer and requires a recovery key. I went to microsoft on a different computer and logged in to see if I had a recovery key and there was no key to be found. Additionally, I cannot...
  3. Bitlocker has locked me out of my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker has locked me out of my PC: Bitlocker has turned itself on after an automatic update and now it locked me out of my computer and requires a recovery key. I went to microsoft on a different computer and logged in to see if I had a recovery key and there was no key to be found. Additionally, I cannot...
  4. Latest Updated Locked Me Out of PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Updated Locked Me Out of PC: I downloaded the latest update to my PC. After installing, it told me my old pin was gone and I needed to set up a new one. For some reason, this required sending a code to my phone number. The problem is it sent the code to my old number. I hadn't changed my security...
  5. Latest Updated Locked Me Out of PC

Latest Updated Locked Me Out of PC: I downloaded the latest update to my PC. After installing, it told me my old pin was gone and I needed to set up a new one. For some reason, this required sending a code to my phone number. The problem is it sent the code to my old number. I hadn't changed my security...
  6. PC Encryption has locked me out of my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC Encryption has locked me out of my files: Hello, my custom built PC's Motherboard died. I brought a new motherboard and kept all the original parts including the SSD. I had to reinstall Windows 10 Pro. Windows was activated via signing in to Microsoft Account and PC name is the same. My external drive does not let me...
  7. PC Encryption has locked me out of my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Encryption has locked me out of my files: Hello, my custom built PC's Motherboard died. I brought a new motherboard and kept all the original parts including the SSD. I had to reinstall Windows 10 Pro. Windows was activated via signing in to Microsoft Account and PC name is the same. My external drive does not let me...
  8. PC Encryption has locked me out of my files

9. Windows 10 installation has locked me out of my pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 installation has locked me out of my pc: Hi, I just installed windows 10 on my pc and it finished the installation and booted back up. In doing so it took me to the home creen and asked me to log in with the default OTHER USER which I thought was odd. I now can't log in to my PC, either as other user or by using my...
  10. Windows update has forced itself upon me and locked me out of my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update has forced itself upon me and locked me out of my PC: I keep all updates set to only install when I tell windows to do that. So why is Microsoft now forcing windows 10 updates regardless of what I told windows the behavior I wanted? I've pushed this thing aside and tried to reconfigure it, but no, microsoft has to do it this...