Windows 10: Update has stopped my laptop from working

Discus and support Update has stopped my laptop from working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, So my HP laptop was put onto sleep, when i opened it to use it, it was half way through an update which wasn't authorised. Despite updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lorangillard, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Update has stopped my laptop from working

Hi,

So my HP laptop was put onto sleep, when i opened it to use it, it was half way through an update which wasn't authorised. Despite updates constantly needing doing and slowing my computer more. Now i can log onto my computer but cannot access a single thing. Nothing will open up, it is telling me to reinstall Windows. The only icon i have is a recycling bin, even down to the volume cannot be opened. Is anybody else having this problem and what can be done to get it working again? I dont have the internet on my laptop anymore and cannot get into settings. Please help.

Thanks

:)

lorangillard, Nov 21, 2018

2. Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Accelerometer is not working in my laptop.

Hi Sibi,

This could be a driver-related issue as the accelerometer has stopped working after the installing the updates for Windows 10. By the way, for us to provide you with appropriate recommendations, we'd like to ask the following information:

• What's the make and model of your laptop?
    • On what operating system it's currently running?
    • Did you get any error messages?

In the meantime, we suggest updating its drivers. Please see
    Update drivers in Windows 10
    for the steps.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Update has stopped my laptop from working

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Update has stopped my laptop from working

1. Update has stopped my laptop from working - Similar Threads - Update has stopped

2. The search function on my laptop has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The search function on my laptop has stopped working.: The search function on my laptop has stopped working. I can't type anything into the bar so I have to use the Windows symbol and search through the menu. This happened after a recent Windows update and I don't know if that's coincidence or not. Any assistance would be...
  3. The search function on my laptop has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The search function on my laptop has stopped working.: The search function on my laptop has stopped working. I can't type anything into the bar so I have to use the Windows symbol and search through the menu. This happened after a recent Windows update and I don't know if that's coincidence or not. Any assistance would be...
  4. The search function on my laptop has stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The TouchPad on my Acer laptop has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The TouchPad on my Acer laptop has stopped working: For some time the Touchpad on my laptop has been problematic. Usually when it stops working it starts again after I restart. The frequency of the problems has increased and this week it just will not work. I tried reinstalling the Driver but that has not solved anything. I...
  6. The TouchPad on my Acer laptop has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The TouchPad on my Acer laptop has stopped working: For some time the Touchpad on my laptop has been problematic. Usually when it stops working it starts again after I restart. The frequency of the problems has increased and this week it just will not work. I tried reinstalling the Driver but that has not solved anything. I...
  7. The TouchPad on my Acer laptop has stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Laptop camera has stopped working.

Laptop camera has stopped working.: Laptop camera has stopped working. I just got it, so I'm not even sure if it was working in the first place. Can't even find the device driver in there. Nothing is helping....
  9. A recent windows update has stopped my dvd from working

A recent windows update has stopped my dvd from working: A recent windows update has stopped my dvd from working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-recent-windows-update-has-stopped-my-dvd-from/29a798a0-d10b-474b-b3e7-c19a7ebf4252
  10. Windows update has stopped working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update has stopped working: Hi there everyone after updating to win10 from 8.1 everything worked fine until today. When I switch pc on I always check for updates but today windows update would not work!! It had worked since upgrade on Monday. Tried rebooting but still not working! any ideas?...