Windows 10: Update history has disappeared

Discus and support Update history has disappeared in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I did a clean legal install of Win10 on Jan 6, 2020. Updates were immediately dowloaded including the features update 1909. Since then updates have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Seaman897, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Seaman897 Win User

Update history has disappeared

I did a clean legal install of Win10 on Jan 6, 2020. Updates were immediately dowloaded including the features update 1909. Since then updates have been dowloading and installing normally and showing up in "installed updates". Today I looked at "installed updates" and discovered that aside than the four updates installed today Feb 13, now only two updates are shown since the features update on Jan 6. About twenty security and other updates have disappeared from the list. Have these updates been superceded and uninstalled by more recent updates or is there a problem? Thanks for your help.

:)

Seaman897, Feb 13, 2020

2. Update history disappeared

Hi

Strange issue, I have just checked Windows update area in version 1803, last night I had the feature update listed and 2 driver updates but for some reason this morning it is blank... any idea what happened to the 3 items listed?

I have run disk cleanup but cannot remember clicking anything I should not...

Update history has disappeared [​IMG]

stuarttunstall, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Barman58 Win User
    Update history disappeared

There is a good reason to clear update history when a new Feature update is Installed (via WU).

This is that any updates that were in place were either included in the new release or were only temporary fixes to since fixed issues.

However there does appear to be an issue which I think is down to an incomplete change from the old settings via Control Panel to the new settings method, The update list is still visible through the control panel but as noted the links for this in the new system are not yet completed ( enough to make the menus disappear and reset

Barman58, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Update history has disappeared

Update History Disappeared

Hi Deb,

It's really odd for the Windows Update history to disappear if you just install an update. However, we suggest that you run the
    Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it'll resolve your concern.

Let us know if the article helps.

Carlos Tin, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Update history has disappeared

1. Update history has disappeared - Similar Threads - Update history has

2. the entire history of the Edge browser older than 3 months has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the entire history of the Edge browser older than 3 months has disappeared: I lost all the history of the Edge browser, there is nothing after October 12, 2022, the entire history for 2 years is gone, although the History is enabled in the Sync settings. how could this have happened and how can it be restored ?...
  3. calculator history disappears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    calculator history disappears: When I switch to the calculator from a different browser the history sometimes disappears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-history-disappears/b9c4b79d-a51e-44e7-83d8-6e67683c81e5
  4. File history options disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    File history options disappeared: I used to have a big button I could click to back up my data, but it completely disappeared and when I click "Configure File History settings" nothing happens. There's no option to create a new backup, and there's no button to manually back up my data. My backup drive is...
  5. File History options disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File History options disappeared: [ATTACH] I used to have a big button I could click to back up my data, but it completely disappeared and when I click "Configure File History settings" nothing happens. There's no option to create a new backup, and there's no button to manually back up my data. My backup...
  6. Widows update history is not visible before June updates. Why has that disappeared?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Widows update history is not visible before June updates. Why has that disappeared?: The 1903 feature failed to get installed more than 6 times. The cumulative update that was suggested on 21st of May has not got installed yet. Some June cumulative and other updates got installed but the rest of the history updates is not there any more. I would like to see...
  7. Check for Updates button has disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Check for Updates button has disappeared: When my Win 10 PC locks up or slows to a crawl, it means Windows Update is trying to do something but failing. In the past, if I did a manual update, that would fix the problem, but now the Check for Updates button has been taken away in the last update. So how can I do a...
  8. Update history disappeared

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update history disappeared: Hi Strange issue, I have just checked Windows update area in version 1803, last night I had the feature update listed and 2 driver updates but for some reason this morning it is blank... any idea what happened to the 3 items listed? I have run disk cleanup but cannot...
  9. Update History has disappeared already. Clean Creators install.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update History has disappeared already. Clean Creators install.: Has anyone else had this happen ? I had got used to the previous Anniversary Update trimming and deleting the update history so that only the last couple of months worth was available but this seems a bit drastic. I had two 'valuable' (or some such word that MS used)...
  10. "Run..." history has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Run..." history has disappeared.: Every now and then I use run to do something. Like run the Firefox Profile manager, regedit, etc. Typically the "Run" pulldown menu has the commands I had previouly run - which is convenient. But it is now blank. There is no record of previous commands even after I enter a...