Windows 10: Update Installation in a Loop

Discus and support Update Installation in a Loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there. I know nothing about computers. Just gunna throw that out there now. I haven't touched my computer in awhile. I opened it today to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PattyPat4, Apr 6, 2020.

1. PattyPat4 Win User

Update Installation in a Loop

Hi there.

I know nothing about computers. Just gunna throw that out there now.

I haven't touched my computer in awhile. I opened it today to see it all of a sudden running pain stakingly slow. I then noticed there are many updates to be done. So after about 3 hours of basic updates I'm now doing version 1909. It's been oh.... About 3 hours of a continuous loop.

Getting things ready--100%

Then it downloads to 100%

Then it installs to 100%.....

Then it went back to download to 100%....then install.... Now back at getting things ready......

Why is it doing it all over again if it completed to 100% already? There were no error messages or anything indicating that the installation was unsuccessful

:)

PattyPat4, Apr 6, 2020
  2. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Apr 7, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update Installation in a Loop :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Update Installation in a Loop - Similar Threads - Update Installation Loop

2. Windows 11 stuck in update install loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stuck in update install loop: Hi, Windows updates has two updates to install kb5031354 and kb5033920. It can never seem to install them. I have tried letting the update service handle it and also manually downloading the install files from the Update catalog. The install never actually happens. I have...
  3. Windows 11 stuck in update install loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 stuck in update install loop: Hi, Windows updates has two updates to install kb5031354 and kb5033920. It can never seem to install them. I have tried letting the update service handle it and also manually downloading the install files from the Update catalog. The install never actually happens. I have...
  4. Installation setup loop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installation setup loop: Hello I am trying to install windows 10 on a new computer. But when im doing the windows set up at the end it says it needs to restart so it reatarts and after that it makes me do the setup again and again and again. How do i fix this?...
  5. WINDOWS INSTALL LOOP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS INSTALL LOOP: Hi guys! a tried to rebuild my pc couple of days ago and it actually got to windows and i was able to browse google for a bit but then i tried playing csgo and it just restarted after that initial reboot i got about 20-30 seconds after punching in my PIN from the lock screen...
  6. update in loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update in loop: After updating to the latest version of windows 10, I am in a loop that I can't get out of. It says undoing changes, but goes back to startup screen over and over. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-in-loop/b21b282b-ae9a-44c4-b091-d112eeaf42e2
  7. Update Install Loop: Error 0x800F0922

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Install Loop: Error 0x800F0922: As many people are experiencing frustration with this error I decided to dig a bit deeper into my own problem, hoping that what I find might help others. The frustration with problem solving online is that we are often asked to try multiple standard solutions without...
  8. Restart to install updates loop

Restart to install updates loop: Looked like computer #3 was finally ready to install the Anniversary Update. It downloaded fine through WU and I got the message "restart required to install updates". Did the restart and noticed immediately there was no AU. Got the message again so I restarted again. Same....
  9. Update Loop

Update Loop: I appear to be trapped in a Windows update loop where updates are downloaded and then applied. But the update fails with the following:100% complete We couldn't complete the updates Undoing the changes Don't turn off your computer There must be a fix for this...
  10. loop nVidia driver update; install and fail

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    loop nVidia driver update; install and fail: Every time I start my PC, Windows tries to install an nVidia driver, and every time fails to do so. I like to stop this continuous loop. Everything on my PC works fine, the standard Windows updates never give problems and I am satisfied with the present nVidia driver. Any...