Windows 10: Update installation stuck at 25%

Discus and support Update installation stuck at 25% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I started my windows 11 update today. After downloading the update, the installation started and now it's been more than 2 hours. But the installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wasamat sameer, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Update installation stuck at 25%

I started my windows 11 update today. After downloading the update, the installation started and now it's been more than 2 hours. But the installation is stuck at 25%.Please guide me.

:)

wasamat sameer, Sep 23, 2022

2. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 23, 2022
  3. Catman155 Win User
    Windows 10 update stuck at 25%

Update installation stuck at 25% [​IMG]

Update installation stuck at 25% [​IMG]

windows update is stuck for months on 25%, is this problem known? or is there a way to reset it?

Catman155, Sep 23, 2022
  4. KMarksJr Win User

Update installation stuck at 25%

Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at 25%

Trying to upgrade Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10. It's stuck at 25%...

I'm not using the upgrade app as it has caused numerous other issues, and the USB install worked fine on other computers, but on this machine, stuck.

No extraneous peripherals are attached to the machine, just a mouse and keyboard.

Suggestions?

Microsoft, will you still give me the free upgrade if I can't get this sorted out in the next 7 hours?

KMarksJr, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Update installation stuck at 25%

1. Update installation stuck at 25% - Similar Threads - Update installation stuck

2. Window update stuck at 25% for 10 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window update stuck at 25% for 10 hours: I require urgent help. I had my laptop update before closing and it has been stuck at 25% for more than 10 hours. I have important files to acces inside it. Please help!!I'm not sure what the update is. What accion should I take to gain back access to my laptop? My main...
  3. Window update stuck at 25% for 10 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window update stuck at 25% for 10 hours: I require urgent help. I had my laptop update before closing and it has been stuck at 25% for more than 10 hours. I have important files to acces inside it. Please help!!I'm not sure what the update is. What accion should I take to gain back access to my laptop? My main...
  4. Update installation stuck at 25%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update installation stuck at 25%: I started my windows 11 update today. After downloading the update, the installation started and now it's been more than 2 hours. But the installation is stuck at 25%.Please guide me....
  5. Update installation stuck at 25%

Update installation stuck at 25%: I started my windows 11 update today. After downloading the update, the installation started and now it's been more than 2 hours. But the installation is stuck at 25%.Please guide me....
  6. Windows 11 installation stuck at 25%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 installation stuck at 25%: Hello, I want to know why my Windows 11 installation is stuck at 25%, its like that for almost as hour now and it has slowed down my pc. How can I solve this?...
  7. Windows 11 installation stuck at 25%

Windows 11 installation stuck at 25%: Hello, I want to know why my Windows 11 installation is stuck at 25%, its like that for almost as hour now and it has slowed down my pc. How can I solve this?...
  8. my update is getting stuck at 25%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my update is getting stuck at 25%: my windows 10 is updating to the 21H1 version, but it keeps getting stuck at 25%, sometimes it wont even start and I cant seem to fix it, I've restarted the update a lot of times but it still doesn't work... pls I need help...
  9. computer stuck rebooting 25% into 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    computer stuck rebooting 25% into 20H2 update: about four hours ago, i had decided that it was finally time to let my computer update just to get the pop up reminders to leave me alone. about an hour in, at 25% progress, my computer restarts. and restarts. and restarts. it's been doing this for a little under two hours....
  10. Windows 10 update stuck at 25%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update stuck at 25%: [img] [img] windows update is stuck for months on 25%, is this problem known? or is there a way to reset it? 30029