Windows 10: Update installed 9-11-2018 now crashes/disrupts two major applications.

Discus and support Update installed 9-11-2018 now crashes/disrupts two major applications. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So the update installed on 9-11-18 ~ 9-13-18 , consisting of KB4457128 and the related ones, now cause OpenOffice writer to crash upon file save either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThomasGroover, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Update installed 9-11-2018 now crashes/disrupts two major applications.

So the update installed on 9-11-18 ~ 9-13-18 , consisting of KB4457128 and the related ones, now cause OpenOffice writer to crash upon file save either manual or auto. I have uninstalled the application completely, renamed configuration files, installed the most recent version, and still have the issue.

The other application is LibreOffice writer which doesn't actually crash, it just takes about 6~8 minutes or more to execute the file save either manual or auto save.

Have tried to restore to a previous state but the restore failed giving me an error in extracting a file. There is only one restore point so this is a dead end apparently. Not sure why there are not several restore points allowing me to back out of this update.

I would like to notify Microsoft of this and find out what I need to send them if anything. Am writing an academic paper and this has disrupted the routine in no small measure. Would also like to know how to configure so that multiple restore points are available, in other words are restore points deleted when new ones created? Can I influence which restore points are deleted?

:)

ThomasGroover, Sep 14, 2018

2. WINDOWS 11 Release Date ?!

Hi,

i know there will be no Windows 11 (as far as i know), It'll come as updates for windows 10, what i want to know is "Is there a specific release Date for this update, will it be MAJOR UPDATE changing everything, or just minor updates like step by step ?!"

some websites say that It'll be in 2018, but nothing is confirmed.

AbdulrahmanSHD, Sep 14, 2018
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Sep 14, 2018
  4. peach1971 Win User

Update installed 9-11-2018 now crashes/disrupts two major applications.

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Update installed 9-11-2018 now crashes/disrupts two major applications.

1. Update installed 9-11-2018 now crashes/disrupts two major applications. - Similar Threads - Update installed 2018

2. Application crashes all time - Maya 2018

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Application crashes all time - Maya 2018: What should I do? It's new machine new OS I do have computer running win10 64 bit , SSD, 32 GB with i7 Graphic card Quadro PNY 2000 [ATTACH] Tried Already: Downloading Windows Update Updating the woftware version Updating my graphic card Rolling back my graphic...
  3. No Windows 10 updates since Oct 9, 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Windows 10 updates since Oct 9, 2018: There are usually windows 10 updates pushed out at least once a week, but they seem to have stopped. When I check for updates it shows none available. As of today (11/10), it has been more than a month since an update has been availble which seems strange. The last update...
  4. Programs Removed by Windows 10 Major Updating Nov. 2018

Programs Removed by Windows 10 Major Updating Nov. 2018: While I have just discovered about this glitch in Windows 10 update, reported since 2017, I wonder why Microsoft has not warned its users! It is totally devastating. After a notification in the Action Center. I agreed to the update (Nov. 9th, 2018). The dire result after...
  5. This Week on Xbox: November 9, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Xbox: November 9, 2018: M1Gz-ziIc-s We know you’re busy and might miss out on all the exciting things we’re talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If you’ve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. We’ve pared down the past week’s news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if...
  6. Downloaded Windows 10 October 2018 Update? Don’t install it now

in Windows 10 News
    Downloaded Windows 10 October 2018 Update? Don’t install it now: Microsoft released Windows 10 October 2018 Update on October 2 but the software giant pulled the update yesterday due to a critical bug that was reportedly deleting users content. Microsoft has already pulled Windows 10 October 2018 Update and the users are no longer allowed...
  7. fyi -- Windows Update from 9/12/2018

fyi -- Windows Update from 9/12/2018: Just installed updates kb4457128 kb4456655 kb4457146 on one of my computers, the updates seemed to work OK and have no side effects. on another computer, could not open any app as administrator -- could hear the window pop up asking for permission, but no window was...
  8. April 2018 update now installed on 84.2% PCs worldwide

in Windows 10 News
    April 2018 update now installed on 84.2% PCs worldwide: Microsoft released the Windows 10 April 2018 update to all users on 30th April 2018. The update was released in stages as has always been the case with major updates. According to new report the latest version of Windows 10 April 2018 update is now installed on 84.2% of PCs...
  9. HITMAN Update 9 Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HITMAN Update 9 Crash: As soon as i press enter to play the game crashes. I have a dump, how can i analyze deeply? I use WINDBG. Can someone here help me to solve this problem? HITMAN!AK::MemoryMgr::GetPoolName 0xC0000005: Memory Access Violation Moved to Square Enix Support. 52054
  10. Updates for Surface Devices - Jan. 9, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Updates for Surface Devices - Jan. 9, 2018: Over the next few days, we are releasing updates for several Surface devices, including: Surface Book 2 Surface Laptop Surface Studio Surface Book Surface Pro 4 Surface Pro 3 (Preview) These updates include updated Surface UEFI firmware for each listed device to address...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4456655 crash

2. IE crashes background.exe c0000005