Windows 10: UPDATE INTEL ME FIRMWARE FOR CONVERGED SECURITY & MANAGEMENT ENGINE ISSUES IN INTEL...

Discus and support UPDATE INTEL ME FIRMWARE FOR CONVERGED SECURITY & MANAGEMENT ENGINE ISSUES IN INTEL... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Kaspersky Password Manager Create a strong password for your account Intel was notified of an issue with the Intel® Converged Security and Management... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Nov 30, 2018.

1. UPDATE INTEL ME FIRMWARE FOR CONVERGED SECURITY & MANAGEMENT ENGINE ISSUES IN INTEL...

Kaspersky Password Manager
    Create a strong password for your account
    Intel was notified of an issue with the Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine (Intel® CSME) firmware. An attacker with physical access could do the following on an individual platform:
    • Bypass Intel® CSME anti-replay protection, thus allowing potential brute force attacks on secrets stored inside the Intel CSME;
    • Gain unauthorized access to the Intel® Management Engine BIOS Extension (Intel® MEBX) password;
    • Tamper with the integrity of the Intel® CSME file system directories or the Server Platform Services and Trusted Execution Environment (Intel® TXE) data files.

ffected products/technologies

The issue has been identified as a vulnerability in the Intel® CSME firmware versions: 11.0 through 11.8.50; 11.10 through 11.11.50; 11.20 through 11.21.51, Intel® Server Platform Services firmware version 4.0 (on Purley and Bakerville only) and Intel® TXE version 3.0 through 3.1.50.

Systems using Intel® CSME firmware versions prior to 11.0/ Intel® Server Platform Services 4.0/TXE 3.0 or using firmware versions 11.8.55/11.11.55/11.21.55/ Intel® Server Platform Services 5.0 and higher/TXE 3.1.55 or higher don't contain the identified vulnerability.

Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine (Intel® CSME)
    Updated Intel® CSME Firmware version
    Replaces Intel® CSME Firmware version
    11.8.55.3510​
    11.11.55.1509​
    11.21.55.1508​
    Intel® Server Platform Services
    Updated SPS Firmware version
    Replaces SPS Firmware version
    SPS_SoC-A_04.00.04.177.0​
    SPS_SoC-A_04.00.04.172.0
    SPS_SoC-X_04.00.04.077.0​
    SPS_SoC-X_04.00.04.057.0
    SPS_E5_04.00.04.381.0​
    SPS_E5_04.00.04.340.0
    Intel® Trusted Execution Engine (TXE)
    Updated TXE Firmware version
    Replaces TXE Firmware version
    3.1.55​
    3.1.50.2222​

Contact your system or motherboard manufacturer to obtain an Intel CSME firmware update or BIOS update that addresses this vulnerability. Intel can't provide updates for systems or motherboards from other manufacturers.

The Intel SA-00125 Detection tool is available in UTILITY to assist customers in determining if systems are vulnerable to this issue.

I have ready updated to much higher version than expected n my asus vivobook 15 r542uq-dm153

i have 11.8.59.3560

Thanks for reading my post , give me helpful votes if you find it.

UPDATE INTEL ME FIRMWARE FOR CONVERGED SECURITY & MANAGEMENT ENGINE ISSUES IN INTEL... f0664298-d4c7-4df3-a30d-31bfb999febe?upload=true.jpg

:)

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Grom0X Win User

Intel Converged Security and Management Engine Issue

SOURCE: Intel Converged Security and Management Engine (Intel CSME) Issue

Grom0X, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Intel Converged Security Management Engine (Intel CSME) 11.x issue

Source: INTEL-SA-00118

Brink, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

UPDATE INTEL ME FIRMWARE FOR CONVERGED SECURITY & MANAGEMENT ENGINE ISSUES IN INTEL...

Intel Active Management Technology Security Review Cumulative Update

Source: INTEL-SA-00112

Brink, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

UPDATE INTEL ME FIRMWARE FOR CONVERGED SECURITY & MANAGEMENT ENGINE ISSUES IN INTEL...

1. UPDATE INTEL ME FIRMWARE FOR CONVERGED SECURITY & MANAGEMENT ENGINE ISSUES IN INTEL... - Similar Threads - UPDATE INTEL FIRMWARE

2. intel management engine not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    intel management engine not working: Intel R management not working and my laptop shuts down by itself after 20 mins. Ive tried updating, it said its in the newest version i tried uninstalling and deleting and it still doesnt work. Laptop still shuts down. Ive tried getting cleaning the insides for dusting...
  3. driver Intel Management Engine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    driver Intel Management Engine: in windows update ... drive and install ..show this drive Intel - System - 4/12/2017 12:00:00 AM - 14.28.47.630 after download .. show blue screen please remove this drive of windows update ... drive and install Dump File : 100320-24000-01.dmp Crash Time :...
  4. Intel Management Engine Interface ISSUE

Intel Management Engine Interface ISSUE: Hi to all it not starts ... STATUS DEVICE POWER FAILURE . I'm trying to find some updated driver, it seems the the ones installee by default are not good for my old motherboard P67 socket . Unfortunately ASUS don't give to me updated drivers : Could someone help me...
  5. UPDATE INTEL ME FIRMWARE FOR POWER MANAGEMENT CONTROLLER SECURITY VULNERABILITY IN INTEL...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UPDATE INTEL ME FIRMWARE FOR POWER MANAGEMENT CONTROLLER SECURITY VULNERABILITY IN INTEL...: Kaspersky Password Manager Create a strong password for your account Intel has identified a firmware security vulnerability. It allows an attacker with administrative privileges to gain unauthorized access to platform features and sensitive information protected by the...
  6. Intel Converged Security and Management Engine Issue

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Converged Security and Management Engine Issue: Intel was notified of an issue with the Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine (Intel® CSME) firmware. An attacker with physical access could do the following on an individual platform: Bypass Intel® CSME anti-replay protection, thus allowing potential brute force...
  7. Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine

in Windows 10 News
    Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine: Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine (Intel® CSME) Issue (SA-00125) Last Reviewed: 12-Sep-2018 Article ID: 000030079 Intel was notified of an issue with the Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine (Intel® CSME) firmware. An attacker with physical access...
  8. Intel Converged Security Management Engine (Intel CSME) 11.x issue

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Converged Security Management Engine (Intel CSME) 11.x issue: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00118 Product family: Intel® CSME Impact of vulnerability: Elevation of Privilege Severity rating: Important Original release: 07/10/2018 Last revised: 07/10/2018 Summary: In an effort to continuously improve the robustness of the Intel® Converged Security...
  9. Intel Management Engine

Intel Management Engine: What is Intel Management Engine Components. I have a Dell Precision Tower 7910 and Laptop Precision 7710. they have the Intel Management Engine Components installed. I am running Win 10. I am not on a corporate network. The Intel Management Engine Components also installs...
  10. Intel Security Issue Update: Progress Continues on Firmware Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Security Issue Update: Progress Continues on Firmware Updates: Intel continues to work closely with industry partners to protect customers against the security exploits disclosed by Google Project Zero. As I shared January 22, we identified the root cause of the reboot issue affecting the initial Broadwell and Haswell microcode updates....