Windows 10: Update introduces odd color background in copy buffer

Discus and support Update introduces odd color background in copy buffer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the most recent Windows update 1809, I started getting a weird effect where a color was introduced to the copy buffer such that the paste from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RogerKay1, Sep 11, 2019.

1. RogerKay1 Win User

Update introduces odd color background in copy buffer

After the most recent Windows update 1809, I started getting a weird effect where a color was introduced to the copy buffer such that the paste from Print Screen into, say, Paint 3D would dump something with a tan overlay. I contacted Microsoft help desk and someone named Lucia Camille very kindly walked me through a complete rollback and manual reinstall of 1809. When we were done, the problem was fixed. Only, within 24 hours, the system gave me the devil's choice, Update and Shutdown or Update and Restart. I said shutdown, and next morning, the tan bug was back. Anybody else run into something like this?

:)

RogerKay1, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Screen background color

Hi,

You can try these steps in changing the
    Background color:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left-side of the window, select
      Colors.

• Then
      Choose a Color.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Wallpaper (background) color

Hi Aaron,

I realize that the background color changed from blue to black. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Close all open windows, restart the computer once and then login to the computer to check if that helps.

Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps.

Change your desktop background and colors: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...6c6/change-your-desktop-background-and-colors

Further you may also want to ensure that default theme is selected. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Personalization and select Themes.

• Click on Theme Settings to select Windows Default Themes.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Update introduces odd color background in copy buffer

change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Update introduces odd color background in copy buffer

1. Update introduces odd color background in copy buffer - Similar Threads - Update introduces odd

2. colors of background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    colors of background: I don't have any idea what I did. The background right now is black. So is the taskbar, desktop, etc. There are still icons showing, but I have tried all the settings ideas and it doesn't change it back to the white background that it used to have and the blue taskbar, plus...
  3. colors of background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    colors of background: I don't have any idea what I did. The background right now is black. So is the taskbar, desktop, etc. There are still icons showing, but I have tried all the settings ideas and it doesn't change it back to the white background that it used to have and the blue taskbar, plus...
  4. Background color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background color: My computer turned to black as a background. When I go to aol, the background is also black. I could change the desktop back, but nothing else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-color/31a04a34-2b5e-42ef-948f-94ce8383f271
  5. background color

background color: my screen has changed to a black background for games etc and I wish to turn it back to white. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-color/0e685942-3818-49bb-bd2b-fae2c3eff17a
  6. background colors

background colors: A couple days ago, when Windows 10 performed its automatic update, I was left with the color of my backgrounds all black. I want my taskbar black, my desktop a picture and all other backgrounds white. I was able to get the picture back on the desktop BUT, I cannot have the...
  7. Background color

Background color: I somehow managed to change my background color to black. Not Good. New to 10. Don't know how I made change; therefore, I am unable to find out how to change it to something else. Somehow changed color on front first page to color I wanted on every page there after....
  8. background color

background color: How do I go back to default background color? I played around and pushed the wrong buttons and it is a mess. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-color/4356bbb0-f945-4328-899c-6a45f00714e4
  9. Introducing background blur in Skype

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing background blur in Skype: We’ve all had those moments: You’re about to video call your parents and your laundry is all over the place, or you’re about to have a meeting with a potential investor and your business plan is on a whiteboard behind you, or you’re being interviewed on live television and...
  10. Background Color

Background Color: My background color is black. How can I switch to white? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-color/cbb11878-5a0e-4174-b041-b2ba13daa4b7