Windows 10: Update is causing my desktop to keep refreshing

Discus and support Update is causing my desktop to keep refreshing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was in the middle of playing a video game on steam when my lenovo laptop died. I thought it was plugged in so i plugged it in real fast- the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Wisterias0, May 25, 2020.

1. Update is causing my desktop to keep refreshing

I was in the middle of playing a video game on steam when my lenovo laptop died. I thought it was plugged in so i plugged it in real fast- the computer fan was still running. I’ve done this before and sometimes can still find my game up right where i left it. when it turned back on, it started updating, as it loves to force me to update at the most inconvenient times. When my computer came up, it had changed my internet explorer to microsoft edge. My game obviously didnt come back up but now my desktop will not stop refreshing. I cant do anything. I opened it in safe mode and uninstalled the last quality and the last feature update. Didnt work. And i get a constant pop up that says “explorer.exe system error- the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application.”

Its completely screwed my computer and its a core app so its not even like i can just remove it and move on.

please help!

:)

Wisterias0, May 25, 2020

2. Win10 Email refresh?

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search type Mail app.

• In top right corner you will find a refresh button

• Click on refresh button and check if it sync with the account

If the issue still persists I suggest you to provide us the screen shot of the issue.

Please let us know if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 25, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Desktop

Margrave,

If the problem symptom returns [Desktop showing the correct contents when looked at in File explorer but not when looking at the Desktop itself], right-click on an empty area of the Desktop and select Refresh.

Many people have found that their Desktop's are not refreshing automatically and are forced to take this step. I searched & searched for a permanent solution but every suggestion I found either had no effect or had only a limited-duration effect.

Denis

4. Update is causing my desktop to keep refreshing

Windows Fall Creators 1709 Update FROM Windows 10 Pro 1703 casuing desktop/taskbar to keep refreshing after upgrade?

Hi Andre:

I tried all the steps you provided. Each step completed successfully, however, the desktop and tool bar still continue to refresh. Any other suggestions?

MariaVetri, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Update is causing my desktop to keep refreshing

1. Update is causing my desktop to keep refreshing - Similar Threads - Update causing desktop

2. Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing: I have read through all the posts to help fix this, but nothing helps. If i select reinstall windows keeping apps and files, it only lest me keep my files, not my apps/programs. If i do that it will take me days to get it all back. I tried the sfc /scannow but i can only do...
  3. Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing: I have read through all the posts to help fix this, but nothing helps. If i select reinstall windows keeping apps and files, it only lest me keep my files, not my apps/programs. If i do that it will take me days to get it all back. I tried the sfc /scannow but i can only do...
  4. Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!: Hello! My desktop and taskbar keep refreshing every single minute and I can't use anything that's on my taskbar. I've tried restarting the windows explorer, deleting some programs, tried installing an antivirus system and so many other solutions but none of them has worked!...
  6. Desktop keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop keeps refreshing: My windows 11 desktop keeps refreshing too many times after I boot on my laptop, how do I rectify that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-keeps-refreshing/bee86e99-a990-44ec-bf1e-19ac555effdf
  7. Desktop keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop keeps refreshing: My windows 11 desktop keeps refreshing too many times after I boot on my laptop, how do I rectify that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-keeps-refreshing/bee86e99-a990-44ec-bf1e-19ac555effdf
  8. Windows 10 desktop keeps refreshing.

Windows 10 desktop keeps refreshing.: The desktop keeps refreshing at a high frequency. File system error window comes up while trying to open settings. Tried sfc and dism but to no avail. Service host takes up CPU space. iCloud Norton not available....
  9. Desktop Keeps Refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Keeps Refreshing: Hello whenever i open a folder my dekstop / taskbar refreshes.Any ways to fix this ? It's clean install Windows 10 2004version Things I've tried but to no avail SFC / Dism / Chkdsk Disabling Windows Error Reporting service (some article said it was causing this) Disabling...
  10. My desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing.

My desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing.: Whenever I download an image such as a png or jpeg my desktop, taskbar, and open folders refreshes and it is quite annoying. Some help would be very appreciated....