Windows 10: Update is ready notice

Discus and support Update is ready notice in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Running Win 10 Pro Version 1803. Keep on getting a small widow with: Update is ready. "Update and benefit from enhancements and fixes." How do I know... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sadnewbie, Sep 14, 2018.

1. sadnewbie Win User

Update is ready notice

Running Win 10 Pro Version 1803. Keep on getting a small widow with: Update is ready. "Update and benefit from enhancements and fixes." How do I know it is a legit update or something else.

Update is ready notice fc1ec4ed-41d1-4750-8b51-37631312f4e1?upload=true.jpg

:)

sadnewbie, Sep 14, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Sep 14, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update is ready notice :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Update is ready notice

IE7 Is Coming This Month...Are you Ready?

The final release of IE7 will be released this month. A few weeks after it will be put available for download it will be added to the list of automatic updates.
    Improvements over IE6 can be found in layout and security while keeping compatibility. Webmasters will still have to check their sites for compatibility as problems may occur. Steps to ensure compatibility can be found here.
    Of course you won't be forced to upgrade, if you don't want IE7 you can simply remove it from the automatic updates list and update it when you are ready.

Source: MSDN

DanTheBanjoman, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Update is ready notice

1. Update is ready notice - Similar Threads - Update ready notice

2. windows update getting ready

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update getting ready: so my pc is weird, when I unplug my xbox one controller and try to reconnect it, it will just blink and flash unless I restart my computer & do windows update. However, this time when I did my windows update it is stuck on the screen and shuts down my computer without...
  3. Not ready for 2004 update message

Not ready for 2004 update message: I'm showing a message that my system is not ready for the 2004 update (has to be software as I dual boot with the Insider versions and have the current version). It shows a click to link to "Learn More". I clicked on the link and there's a lot of info listed but nothing to...
  4. Updates ready to install

Updates ready to install: My PC says updates are ready to install but it won't let me install immediately. It tells me to go to advanced options and the earliest I can install is June 11. Why cant I install immediately? How come, huh, how come?...
  5. Notice of Update Real or Fake

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notice of Update Real or Fake: Keep getting a notice stating there is an update for Windows 10 and to pick of the three boxes, either remind me, or pick a date or (sorry can't remember third box. Is this a legitimate update or scam?? Thanks CD...
  6. Device not ready to update to 1903

Device not ready to update to 1903: Got this message: [img] Updated (or better tried to update) to 1903 (from 1809), but when i landed in the update setting, i got this message (desktop). Wondering what prevented the update, i first pressed the "learn more" button hoping that it would say why it could not...
  7. Is Microsoft Sending Out Action Center Notices When Build 1903 is Ready?

Is Microsoft Sending Out Action Center Notices When Build 1903 is Ready?: Guys, Is Microsoft sending out Action Center notices for 1903? Or, because the update is now optional until the build of Windows 10 is about to expire on your device, can you only get it by going to Windows Update, seeing if it is in the query, and clicking on the Download...
  8. "Account Update" notice

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Account Update" notice: I received an email from "account team" stating that my account would be closed on 25/08/2018 if I didn't "update your account" Is this a Microsoft notice?...
  9. Updates ready.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates ready.: Two Updates ready. [img] 1953
  10. Software Update Notices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software Update Notices: I received a software update notice for Acrobat Reader DC two or three days which I clicked on, downloaded and install. I still get the notice as of today. IIRC, I've had this before but never this long. 22165