Windows 10: Update is stuck.

Discus and support Update is stuck. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've literally tried everything to fix this. I've ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Gives me this: [img] I've renamed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ENunn, Jun 16, 2016.

1. ENunn Win User

Update is stuck.

I've literally tried everything to fix this.

I've ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Gives me this:

Update is stuck. [​IMG]

I've renamed the SoftwareDistribution folder. Nothing.

I've did sfc /scannow, no errors.

Update is stuck. [​IMG]

I've rebooted.
    I have no proxy.
    Windows Update is allowed in my firewall.

NOTHING IS WORKING.

All it does is this:

Update is stuck. [​IMG]

Won't move a muscle. I don't know why this happens and I've literally tried everything, but NOTHING WORKS.

Can someone please help?

I have Insider Preview build 14342.

:)

ENunn, Jun 16, 2016

2. Windows 10 upgrade drivers

I have updated my Pavillion G6 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and now do not have any Bluetooth feature. I am unable to do any downloads from the HP wesite as it says my warranty has expired. I have also just bought a new Microsoft Lumia 550 Windows 10
    phone and it will not connect via my USB connection. Can anyone help ?

PC is stuck, Jun 16, 2016
  3. groove music

How do I get to the setting to listen to offline music on the groove music app on my Lumia 550 phone

PC is stuck, Jun 16, 2016
  4. roblinb Win User

Update is stuck.

You wouldn't happen to know what code is associated with the update database error, would you?

I think I would just do a system restore, to an earlier date, and try the update again.

roblinb, Jun 16, 2016
  5. ENunn Win User
    It doesn't give me an error code.

I think that won't do anything. But I'll try.

ENunn, Jun 16, 2016
  6. ENunn Win User
    Nevermind. No restore points.

ENunn, Jun 17, 2016
  7. roblinb Win User
    Ouch. Is this an installation of Windows 10 that you've had for awhile, or is it one that you just did?

roblinb, Jun 17, 2016
  8. ENunn Win User

Update is stuck.

Well the November Update came with my computer. I upgraded like a week or two ago. I can't remember. Before I upgraded to the Insider preview I pretty much had the same issue with updates not installing. When I did upgrade, it was gone but then quickly game back.

ENunn, Jun 17, 2016
  9. roblinb Win User
    I was briefly an Insider too, but when I opted out my computer rolled back to the current live version without any issues (fortunately).

Hey did you run DISM yet? It might not fix anything, but it's worth asking. If you already tried a system restore from recovery, and it didn't work, then your next bet might be getting the installation media, booting from it, and try to run a repair that way.

roblinb, Jun 17, 2016
  10. ENunn Win User
    Yes I did. It said it completed successfully but it didn't tell me what it repaired. It still did not fix the update.

I'm not sure how I can get an installation media for my build. I can't just get the normal Windows 10 disc and run it, right?

ENunn, Jun 17, 2016
  11. roblinb Win User
    Yeah it has to be the same build version. Did you already opt out of Insider?

roblinb, Jun 17, 2016
  12. ENunn Win User
    Nope. I don't want to lose my files by reverting back.

ENunn, Jun 17, 2016
  13. roblinb Win User

Update is stuck.

As an Insider can you download a version of the media creation tool that matches your build version? When I was briefly an Insider I never checked for things like that on the official site because I had no reason to.

A repair would make your life a lot easier than it is now.

Hey out of curiosity, what files would you lose if you went back?

roblinb, Jun 17, 2016
  14. roblinb Win User
    Funny thing is, for your problem, the official site says to do what you've already done and make sure the BITS service is set to automatic (delayed start) vice manual. Really helpful huh. *Biggrin

You almost make me want to opt back in as an Insider to see if it's possible to download media for different versions. But then the wife would get upset at me for "playing" on the computer on a Friday night instead of watching movies with her like we normally do... lol

roblinb, Jun 17, 2016
  15. ENunn Win User
    Ok, I did an in-place upgrade. It did nothing. It still doesn't want to update.

ENunn, Jun 17, 2016
Thema:

Update is stuck.

1. Update is stuck. - Similar Threads - Update stuck

2. Stuck on boot screen after update: "Customizing features for you. You are 98% there."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on boot screen after update: "Customizing features for you. You are 98% there.": Got a new Computer, set it up with win11, and it autoupdated yesterday. It did not finish and got stuck on the boot screen: "Customizing features for you. You're 98% there. Please keep your computer on."I restarted a couple of times, but it always ends up there. When...
  3. Stuck on boot screen after update: "Customizing features for you. You are 98% there."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on boot screen after update: "Customizing features for you. You are 98% there.": Got a new Computer, set it up with win11, and it autoupdated yesterday. It did not finish and got stuck on the boot screen: "Customizing features for you. You're 98% there. Please keep your computer on."I restarted a couple of times, but it always ends up there. When...
  4. win.11, update stuck ---- frustration.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win.11, update stuck ---- frustration.: Spent hours upgrading from w.10 to w.11. There has got to be a better way. Searched this forum and the web, then tried suggestion A, then researched some more and tried B, C, etc.. FINALLY worked after I un-installed 3 apps:Team ViewerNitroVM playerThen ran the troubleshooter...
  5. win.11, update stuck ---- frustration.

win.11, update stuck ---- frustration.: Spent hours upgrading from w.10 to w.11. There has got to be a better way. Searched this forum and the web, then tried suggestion A, then researched some more and tried B, C, etc.. FINALLY worked after I un-installed 3 apps:Team ViewerNitroVM playerThen ran the troubleshooter...
  6. Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart: My 2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5036620 has been stuck on "Pending Restart" for months now. I have tried restarting my laptop Acer, Aspire A115-31 with all the ways possible. I even tried completely shutting...
  7. Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart

Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart: My 2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5036620 has been stuck on "Pending Restart" for months now. I have tried restarting my laptop Acer, Aspire A115-31 with all the ways possible. I even tried completely shutting...
  8. My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates...: My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates in drives, there are none. I also switched on and off the shutter. still the same issue...
  9. My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates...

My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates...: My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates in drives, there are none. I also switched on and off the shutter. still the same issue...
  10. My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security