Windows 10: Update is taking too long

Discus and support Update is taking too long in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My windows is updating . But its been like 2 hrs it has stopped in 15% . The white dots are still spinning but not increasing the update. Should i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DipuDesar, Sep 7, 2018.

1. DipuDesar Win User

Update is taking too long

My windows is updating . But its been like 2 hrs it has stopped in 15% . The white dots are still spinning but not increasing the update. Should i wait longer or try to restart.??

:)

DipuDesar, Sep 7, 2018
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Katrina Men Win User

Website take to long to load

Hi Hector,

There are several reasons why a website takes too long to respond. One of which is if the internet connection is intermittent. To isolate the issue, please answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you connected via wireless or wired connection?
    • Does this happen to all websites you visit?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Update is taking too long - Similar Threads - Update taking too

2. Startup is taking too long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup is taking too long: Recently I turned my Toshiba Satellite laptop off incorrectly by pressing the power button for a hard shutdown. Once I turned it back on, it went straight into scan and repair mode for the C drive. That process took over 6 hours to complete. Once I got to the sign in screen,...
  3. System restore taking too long?

System restore taking too long?: I'm trying to restore my laptop to my restore point on Oct 9. It has been three hours and I'm unsure if there is something wrong. Any advice would be appreciated....
  4. System Restore taking too long..

System Restore taking too long..: Hello everyone and thank you for your time/attention. I have a question regarding system restore.. how long does it usually take? because mines have been restoring for about 2 hours now.. This is odd to me because I recently made a restore point(3 hours ago)and used it to...
  5. Update is taking too long

Update is taking too long: its been almost 2 hrs . The white dots are atill soinning but the update is bot going further then 15% should i wait more ir try to restart .?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/update-is-taking-too-long/38928599-34e9-4134-bad5-452df72bcf54
  6. bitdefender taking too long to Download.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitdefender taking too long to Download.: so i bought Bitdefender antivirus Plus, and when i selected my product name i clicked "install" button. "Downloading package" is taking to long to download and after a moment it will fail to download. so i have to do it again and again. *still haven't install bitdefender....
  7. Windows taking too long to load

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows taking too long to load: I am a bit perplexed and confused whether this issue is a software issue or a hardware issue! *Confused From power on to working desktop it takes about 15 to 20 minutes! I updated from Windows 7 HP 64bit to Windows 10 Home Free when it was available and then to Windows 10...
  8. Sign-in in Settings takes too long?

Sign-in in Settings takes too long?: Hello Just wonder if you guys noticed that but at least on my computer it takes about 15-20 seconds to open sign-in in settings. Now everything else works perfectly, computer is super fast, no errors (except 7031), currently I'm on fresh install. I disabled the sign-in...
  9. Windows 10 taking too long to boot

Windows 10 taking too long to boot: I know there are several threads by this name, but my problem, as far as I know, is quite peculiar and I haven't seen anything similar to this in any thread. Yesterday I did a clean install (actually I wiped the whole hard drive and converted it to MBR since it was in GPT and...
  10. Pc taking too long to shurdown-Fall Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Pc taking too long to shurdown-Fall Update: Since updating to Fall Update my pc is taking too long to shutdown.Sometimes i see shutdown spinning dots icon for ages ..pc monitor,keyboard is shutdown ok but pc power button is still on. I have enabled/disabled Hybrid shutdown,checked Power Management settings are...