Windows 10: Update issue, need safe mode

Discus and support Update issue, need safe mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am stuck for hours on “undoing changes made to your computer” message at start up and have not been able to enter safe mode through repeatedly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BobbyKilgore1, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Update issue, need safe mode

I am stuck for hours on “undoing changes made to your computer” message at start up and have not been able to enter safe mode through repeatedly holding power button at start up option suggested as a solition. On windows 10. How else can i access safe mode?

:)

BobbyKilgore1, Nov 28, 2020

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 28, 2020
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Update issue, need safe mode

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Update issue, need safe mode

1. Update issue, need safe mode - Similar Threads - Update issue need

2. Update and safe mode issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update and safe mode issues: Initial Issue: My daughters computer had issues with starting Oculus. The app would start and get hung up. Real Issue: after deleting the app I tried to update windows and found updating wouldn’t work. Sounded like the windows updated app/script would keep shutting down....
  3. Update and safe mode issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update and safe mode issues: Initial Issue: My daughters computer had issues with starting Oculus. The app would start and get hung up. Real Issue: after deleting the app I tried to update windows and found updating wouldn’t work. Sounded like the windows updated app/script would keep shutting down....
  4. Update and safe mode issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. safe mode issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    safe mode issue: I had to start my Inspiron 15 5558 in safe mode when I had a malware problem and now can't start it normal. I've tried every option I could find but none of them have worked. Any help would be appreciated....
  6. Safe mode issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Safe mode issue: I went to safe mode and enabled networking but im still not connected to internet Im using ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-issue/5c289b36-42f2-4588-b9ca-759e18632bfe
  7. Safe Mode issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Safe Mode issue: My computers in safe mode and is asking for a password. I have entered my Microsoft password which is not working and I do not have the option to enter my pin which I have been using up to this point. I have contected the laptop directly to the internet through they...
  8. Issues with Safe Mode!!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues with Safe Mode!!!: Recently I was on my computer and I turned on Safe Mode. I then restarted my computer and now I am locked out. None of my passwords work, I have changed all my Microsoft Passwords and Gmail/Google passwords and still nothing works. I have tried doing the Shift+Restart and I...
  9. Safe Mode Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Safe Mode Issues: So I enabled Safe Mode and now I am following tutorials to disable it and when i try and open the Run feature (Windows + R buttons) it says Interests are not available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-issues/f06ec5f5-3198-4223-9e6b-538915024c2e
  10. Safe Mode Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe Mode Issues: I was having problems with a Windows Insider Preview build of Windows 10 (64-bit system, Build 17692.1004). One poster suggested that one solution was to start the computer in safe mode. So, I set up safe mode in msconfig with networking. However, when I booted the...