Windows 10: update issue - what to do?

Discus and support update issue - what to do? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i can't install this update KB4507435 telling me error 0x80070002. I already reset the update manager, tried to repair with sfc and dism So what should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Splinter, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Splinter Win User

update issue - what to do?

i can't install this update KB4507435 telling me error 0x80070002. I already reset the update manager, tried to repair with sfc and dism So what should i do? Generally what to do if an update fails? Does this mean all future updates will fail too or even might not be downloaded and installed?

:)

Splinter, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 7, 2019
  3. BAGZZlash Win User
    MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Aug 7, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond update issue - what to do? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

1. update issue - what to do? - Similar Threads - update issue

2. Windows 10 update - Sound issue (bass blown out etc.)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 update - Sound issue (bass blown out etc.): I don't actually know if this is an issue with how WAV files are encoded now, or if it has something to do with a recent Windows update, but essentially my music sounds odd now, not like it sounded last month before I installed updates. The bass sounds like it's blowing out...
  3. Two part question on Update to 1903 issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two part question on Update to 1903 issues: I tried twice to update to ver 1903 (2) from 1803, and it continually failed. I ended up looking at a black screen for two hours. After I rebooted a couple times, I was again able to use the system, but Windows kept trying to schedule a restart to update Windows. To...
  4. After newest windows update, File Explorer has issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After newest windows update, File Explorer has issues.: After the latest windows 10 update, all of a sudden my file explorer has issues copying/cutting and pasting into the same folder or another folder. The dialog box showing file transfer status pops up but never does anything. Even if the file/folder size is even less than...
  5. CNEventWindowClass issue after update to 1903

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CNEventWindowClass issue after update to 1903: [ATTACH] I am having the same issue with the infamous CNEventWindowClass in my notifications that started after I updated to the 1903 version, never had this issue until then. I also noticed that it was it in my registry to which I exported it out (Saved just in case) hoping...
  6. Another 'cant fix issues' message- Windows Update troubles

Another 'cant fix issues' message- Windows Update troubles: For the past year I've been unable to update my Windows ver since I installed Kaspersky then. When the license finally expired I listened to those on this site and removed it at least to see if the issue resolved itself only to find the hard way. I did the usual:...
  7. Update and restart issue.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Update and restart issue.: I have recently updated Windows Defender & after that my PC is constantly saying to Update and restart. Even after doing it over and over again. I have also downloaded Windows update troubleshooter but it did not help. I am still having the issue. Please, provide a solution...
  8. About to update, but found an issue with Dism

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    About to update, but found an issue with Dism: I was about to about to the latest update when I decided to check my system. Using the powershell and the check and scan commands here: Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image My system said when I did both that both were repairable. So I proceeded to the steps below and I keep...
  9. About to update, but found an issue with Dism

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    About to update, but found an issue with Dism: I was about to about to the latest update when I decided to check my system. Using the powershell and the check and scan commands here: Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image My system said when I did both that both were repairable. So I proceeded to the steps below and I keep...
  10. Windows Update major issues

Windows Update major issues: Hi, I made the mistake of installing the latest major Windows update and it caused major issues with my computer. After restarting my machine for the first time after the update, certain apps refused to work ( such as: Discord, Minecraft, Windows Store) as well as certain...