Windows 10: UPdate issue

Discus and support UPdate issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just went through an update...automated...it wiped my computer from functioning...I went on here to see what to do and it says to go to store and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrendaMygrant, Jun 5, 2020.

1. UPdate issue

I just went through an update...automated...it wiped my computer from functioning...I went on here to see what to do and it says to go to store and download an app....I went to the store and I get the same damn thing...you need an app ….can't download the free app you sent me to...This has successfully limited my ability to now work....now what do I do

:)

BrendaMygrant, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 5, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jun 5, 2020
  4. BAGZZlash Win User

UPdate issue

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

UPdate issue

1. UPdate issue - Similar Threads - UPdate issue

2. Windows 10 update issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update issue: I successfully installed update KB5036892 on Friday 12th April. Since then, windows update has been attempting to re-install the same update again. It shows that it is installing and then restarts the PC. This then presents a message that files need to be repaired and it...
  3. Windows 10 update issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update issue: I successfully installed update KB5036892 on Friday 12th April. Since then, windows update has been attempting to re-install the same update again. It shows that it is installing and then restarts the PC. This then presents a message that files need to be repaired and it...
  4. Windows 10 update issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Post update-failure issues- Windoes is not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Post update-failure issues- Windoes is not responding: Hello,I have Lenovo thinkpad T460 with Windows 10 64x. Around two months ago, an update was notified and I selected update and shutdown. After that it started updating the system, I waited for more than half hour, but the system was still updating. I had to force shutdown the...
  6. Post update-failure issues- Windoes is not responding

Post update-failure issues- Windoes is not responding: Hello,I have Lenovo thinkpad T460 with Windows 10 64x. Around two months ago, an update was notified and I selected update and shutdown. After that it started updating the system, I waited for more than half hour, but the system was still updating. I had to force shutdown the...
  7. Post update-failure issues- Windoes is not responding

8. Is windows update down or experiencing issues?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is windows update down or experiencing issues?: Hello,At our office, starting Friday 4/12/24, computers with fresh Windows 10 10.0.19045 installs are giving a "Couldn't connect to update service". If they do manage to connect after several attempts, downloads are very slow, running at about 500kbps and spiking at 1.8Mbps....
  9. Is windows update down or experiencing issues?

Is windows update down or experiencing issues?: Hello,At our office, starting Friday 4/12/24, computers with fresh Windows 10 10.0.19045 installs are giving a "Couldn't connect to update service". If they do manage to connect after several attempts, downloads are very slow, running at about 500kbps and spiking at 1.8Mbps....
  10. Is windows update down or experiencing issues?