Windows 10: Update issues Ok, I tried to upgrade Windows 10.

Discus and support Update issues Ok, I tried to upgrade Windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I checked the computer many hours later, the computer said error, and it should start over. But when I did, he just said that I should start over.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sarahharris24, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Update issues Ok, I tried to upgrade Windows 10.

When I checked the computer many hours later, the computer said error, and it should start over. But when I did, he just said that I should start over. However, I can open the CMD, so I wonder if there is any command to open the desktop with?
    Or any other command, so you can open something.

:)

Sarahharris24, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 16, 2020
  4. lse123 Win User

Update issues Ok, I tried to upgrade Windows 10.

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Update issues Ok, I tried to upgrade Windows 10.

1. Update issues Ok, I tried to upgrade Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Update issues tried

2. Issues Trying to Upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues Trying to Upgrade to Windows 10: Hello, I've recently been trying to do the free upgrade from win 7 to windows 10 using the media creation tool. I can't fix the error code 0X80072F8F - 0X20000. After carefully following the troubleshooting steps featured in several guides, over different methods, multiple...
  3. Issues Trying to Upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues Trying to Upgrade to Windows 10: Hello, I've recently been trying to do the free upgrade from win 7 to windows 10 using the media creation tool. I can't fix the error code 0X80072F8F - 0X20000. After carefully following the troubleshooting steps featured in several guides, over different methods, multiple...
  4. Issue when I try upgrading Windows 10 ltsb2016 to 2019

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue when I try upgrading Windows 10 ltsb2016 to 2019: Hey guys, as a i said on the title, I had an issue upgrading that version to v1909 and it's say "unfortunately we are having trouble determining if the computer can run windows 10". I mounted the ISO file and I execute from the command Prompt "setup.exe /pkey xxx-serial-xxx...
  5. Issues when trying to upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues when trying to upgrade to Windows 10: When i started updating it goes well until it came to loading updates. It goes to 46% and it stuck. Help pls ASAP. ***Original title: Upgrade win7 to win10 stuck at loading updates at 46%***...
  6. Re-upgrade to Windows 10 - activation ok?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-upgrade to Windows 10 - activation ok?: I recently upgraded a laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10, activated it, and received confirmation that the upgrade was valid. Unfortunately a couple of days later, before I backed up the C: drive, the laptop said its boot partition was corrupt and wouldn't boot up. I...
  7. So update on trying to upgrade to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    So update on trying to upgrade to Windows 10.: I am getting a new error when I try to activate my key that I finally found I get error 0xC004E003: The Software Licensing Service reported that license evaluation failed. I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10....
  8. would it be ok to try to upgrade from 7 to 10 again?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    would it be ok to try to upgrade from 7 to 10 again?: hello yesterday I upgrade from 7 to 10 worked fine today I was like, "maybe I can do a clean install" and from what I saw you can but when I upgraded I just got error: 0xC004C003 and only options to change my key (don't have one) or buy one.... so I'm thinking maybe I should...
  9. Is it OK to upgrade to Windows 10 on Overclocked PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it OK to upgrade to Windows 10 on Overclocked PC: Hi, I'm running Windows 7 on overclocked system...will there be any problem to upgrade to Windows 10 on overclocked system??? And how can I clean install Windows 10 instead of upgrade. My mobo is ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE...still no new driver...sigh.... 10799
  10. Windows 10 ok at first then issues appear

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 ok at first then issues appear: Windows 10 Pro, version 1709 Everything OK from bootup for several minutes/an hour or two/perhaps all day, then: Firefox browser won't start. Chrome browser won't start. Edge browser will start, but won't accept any keyboard input into any fields. Other applications run...