Windows 10: Update issues with windows 10 Home and windows defender

Discus and support Update issues with windows 10 Home and windows defender in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried everything I can find on Windows Community [that I understand] but nothing works. With such a large number of people having this same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HowardMillerVN, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Update issues with windows 10 Home and windows defender

I have tried everything I can find on Windows Community [that I understand] but nothing works.

With such a large number of people having this same issue, why can Microsoft not come up with a solution, since they are responsible?

The best that I can determine, this began with the last Windows 10 Home update.

There are numerous private venders offering software that will correct these issues. If they truly have this capability, why not Microsoft?

:)

HowardMillerVN, Apr 25, 2020
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Apr 25, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Update issues with windows 10 Home and windows defender

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Update issues with windows 10 Home and windows defender

1. Update issues with windows 10 Home and windows defender - Similar Threads - Update issues Home

2. Windows defender issues updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender issues updates: Please, after many attempts, more than one month, I am still unable to update the antiviruswindows defender on my computer. can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-issues-updates/1ceff535-b0bd-46bb-aa71-cee39ed2bfa8
  3. Windows defender issues updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender issues updates: Please, after many attempts, more than one month, I am still unable to update the antiviruswindows defender on my computer. can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-issues-updates/1ceff535-b0bd-46bb-aa71-cee39ed2bfa8
  4. Windows 10 Home Update Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home Update Issue: I am running Windows 10 Home and recently updated it to 20H2. I ran Windows update and it updated all drivers and what not. Now it says "You're not up to date" and "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." But doesn't list any. I hit the Check for updates...
  5. Windows 10 Home Update Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home Update Issue: I am running Windows 10 Home and recently updated it to 20H2. I ran Windows update and it updated all drivers and what not. Now it says "You're not up to date" and "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." But doesn't list any. I hit the Check for updates...
  6. Windows 10 Home Update Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. my windows 10 home defender is not on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my windows 10 home defender is not on: how do i turn on defender anti virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-windows-10-home-defender-is-not-on/cc112224-9808-45ae-bedb-2d4c95df0f23
  8. Windows Defender Question Windows 10 Home

Windows Defender Question Windows 10 Home: Why does the Connection Security Rules section in Windows Defender Windows 10 Home show "there are no items to show in this view"? How do I make this feature active? (get rules in there) 144996
  9. Windows Defender Question Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender Question Windows 10 Home: Why does the Connection Security Rules section in Windows Defender Windows 10 Home show "there are no items to show in this view"? How do I make this feature active? (get rules in there) 144996
  10. Windows Update and Windows defender issues

Windows Update and Windows defender issues: Hey, a new issue turned up on my laptop Lenovo ThinkPad T430s Windows 10 Pro Education. I have attached the relevant screenshots. Windows Update says 'Your device is missing important security and quality fixes' and won't check for updates. Another is that the Windows...