Windows 10: Update issues

Discus and support Update issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated my hp desktop last night and since the update all I can do is select a keyboard layout then I can shut down my pc or go to advanced options.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zakiha, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Zakiha Win User

Update issues

I updated my hp desktop last night and since the update all I can do is select a keyboard layout then I can shut down my pc or go to advanced options. I have tried to factory reset it restore previous versions enter safe mode (which it won't let me do) and anything I can think of. No idea what to do at this point except go buy a Mac.

:)

Zakiha, Jan 11, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 11, 2019
  3. BAGZZlash Win User
    MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Jan 11, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Update issues

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update issues :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Update issues

1. Update issues - Similar Threads - Update issues

2. ISSUE AFTER WINDOWS UPDATE.

in Cortana
    ISSUE AFTER WINDOWS UPDATE.: I update windows from 1803 to 1903, after updating when I search for any app in search option everytime shows black and not shows result. I tried to solve by troubleshoot, services.msc but nothing happens.[ATTACH]...
  3. Windows update issues during updates, Automatic restart.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update issues during updates, Automatic restart.: Hello, Months ago, your glorious updates messed up my computer. Just like always, I don't recall ever asking Windows to randomly shut down my computer, so it takes an hour or so updating. But it did, and users have always had little authority on their machines when it comes...
  4. Screen flickering/Blinking issue after updating to Windows 10 1903 build.

Screen flickering/Blinking issue after updating to Windows 10 1903 build.: As the subject line says, I've tried to install version 1903 of Windows 10 twice. The first time was on Wednesday, June 12. I downloaded the update, then rebooted to install the update, then had to wait for about 10 minutes on a "Preparing Windows" screen and then ended up...
  5. This issue shows it was not updated since May 21 2019 and it is listed as investigating.I...

This issue shows it was not updated since May 21 2019 and it is listed as investigating.I...: Display brightness may not respond to adjustments Microsoft and Intel have identified a driver compatibility issue on devices configured with certain Intel display drivers. After updating to Window 10, version 1903, brightness settings may sometime appear as if changes...
  6. Laptop overheating issues after June 2019 update

Laptop overheating issues after June 2019 update: Hi Microsoft I use a Dell Inspiron 13 5368 laptop. The Windows 10 in my system automatically updated my laptop to the June 11, 2019 update (KB4503286) and since then I am experiencing extreme overheating issues with my system. My OS build is 17134.829. Please suggest a way...
  7. May Update issues with Power settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    May Update issues with Power settings: It appears with the newest update the best personal OS, Windows 10, just got even less dependable and predictable. We got used to it silently rebooting to install updates and then starting the apps that were open before (well, a slice of them, like browsers) to pretend like...
  8. Issue in Updating Windows 10 from version 1607 to 1809

Issue in Updating Windows 10 from version 1607 to 1809: Hello, I'm working on windows 10 installed on an EFI partition Mac book Pro model : Early 2011. (SSD(480 GB ) => 2 PARTITIONS a) Mac osx High Sierra 200 GB b) Windows EFI Partition (280 GB) I Had my windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 May update(1903) Dual Boot up issue

Windows 10 May update(1903) Dual Boot up issue: I am trying an In place upgrade from the windows 10 1803 version to the latest May update (1903) using the ISO file After the successful installation of the update, On the machine boot up it came up with the Dual boot screen, Both Os was windows 10, One of the them was my...
  10. WiFi issue after the new build update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi issue after the new build update: After the latest update m facing a problem with my wifi. In the start the wifi was fine I was able to connect seamlessly but then I faced a problem while surfing that my wifi connection just disconnected and I was not able to search any wifi. I checked my device manager and...