Windows 10: Update issues

Discus and support Update issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated my hp desktop last night and since the update all I can do is select a keyboard layout then I can shut down my pc or go to advanced options.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zakiha, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Zakiha Win User

Update issues

I updated my hp desktop last night and since the update all I can do is select a keyboard layout then I can shut down my pc or go to advanced options. I have tried to factory reset it restore previous versions enter safe mode (which it won't let me do) and anything I can think of. No idea what to do at this point except go buy a Mac.

:)

Zakiha, Jan 11, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 11, 2019
  3. BAGZZlash Win User
    MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Jan 11, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Update issues

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update issues :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Update issues

1. Update issues - Similar Threads - Update issues

2. Latest Windows 10 update issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 update issues: One of my computers doesn't like the newest update. It came a few weeks ago and my computer started running very slow. I rolled it back which fixed the problems but it just updated again today and the issues are back. I googled how to stop Windows updates the first time and...
  3. Does anyone running multiple user accounts have app update issues?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Does anyone running multiple user accounts have app update issues?: We use several user accounts on a single pc. We have a second pc with similar setup (and this happens on both). In recent weeks whenever I log in to my account and a native app updates we run into a issue. As an example, Photos may update on my acc and then open fine but we...
  4. still having update issues

still having update issues: I just activated my windows and my quality updates keep failing thought if I activated it might fix the issue should I try a clean install I've tried windows update troubleshooting steps with no success...
  5. updates are failing ... other issues also ..... i have been waiting for a return call...

updates are failing ... other issues also ..... i have been waiting for a return call...: ---- > We will call you at 815-741-2722 on Monday, March 18, 2019, 4:15 PM. Your call has been successfully scheduled. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. there have been several problems with my pc - don't know if this problem has anything to do...
  6. update kb4486553 issues

update kb4486553 issues: when I download update kb4486553 and corresponding security, my computer soon starts blue screen rebooting. I've tried windows update troubleshooter to no avail. And I can't stop automatic downloads. Solutions? Thanks...
  7. Windows Update KB4489868 - Font Issues

Windows Update KB4489868 - Font Issues: Windows Update installed KB4489868 overnight and now screen fonts have changed and there are severe rendering issues making some text unreadable. I have reset the Font Cache and turned off Clear Type but the problem remains....
  8. Windows 10 Update Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Update Issue: Hi guys, I just need some help. I encountered issues right after I updated my Windows 10 yesterday! The first issue I had is that my Start Button is not working, it won't show up even if I click on the icon or press the key on the keyboard, so? I did a Full Reset on my...
  9. Windows 10 Update (March 12 2019) Video Driver Issues?

Windows 10 Update (March 12 2019) Video Driver Issues?: It appears this update caused my video resolution on my multi-monitor setup to fail continuously. Every time I boot up the resolution is downgraded and I get a message about adjusting my resolution in the control panel. That could be tolerable but it also changes every time...
  10. I have some problem in windows update for issue Plz help this error

I have some problem in windows update for issue Plz help this error: This error for me guide me step bye step[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-some-problem-in-windows-update-for-issue/9b4f6dde-6bc0-4745-b423-7a6c43991a2b