Windows 10: Update KB 4535547 keeps failing

Discus and support Update KB 4535547 keeps failing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer keeps trying to install KB 4535547. About 2/3 of the way through installing, it fails. I searched on the MS website and saw that you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ellen1954XZ, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Update KB 4535547 keeps failing

My computer keeps trying to install KB 4535547. About 2/3 of the way through installing, it fails. I searched on the MS website and saw that you can "hide" the install and keep it from installing by downloading a troubleshooter. I tried this, but I got a message that the troubleshooter found no hidden install.

How can I keep this update from trying to install? Is it keeping my computer from installing the latest Windows updates?

:)

Ellen1954XZ, Jan 17, 2020
  2. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Jan 17, 2020
  3. One Drive update keeps failing

Lumia 735 keeps trying to update OneDrive and fails. saw there was a previous post from last year about this problem. Tried the suggestions listed but the update keeps failing

steve_williams, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Update KB 4535547 keeps failing

Failing to update these KB 3135782, KB 890830 and KB 3135173

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

From your issue description, I understand that you are facing issue in updating windows updates. Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Click on search bar next to Start Menu.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Windows Update

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter. Restart the PC and check.

If the above steps doesn't work, try the below automatic Windows troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems with installing updates
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-10

If the above steps doesn't work try the below.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to manually reset the Windows update components and check if it helps.

Reset Windows update components.

Resetting Windows Update Components will fix corrupt Windows Update Components and help you to install the Windows Updates. Please follow the below steps to reset the Windows Updates Components manually:

• Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.
    • Stop the BITS, Cryptographic,
      MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.
      • net stop wuauserv
      • net stop cryptSvc
      • net stop bits
      • net stop msiserver
    • Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and
      Catroot2
      folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.
      • ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
      • ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
    • Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic,
      MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Type the following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the
      ENTER key after you type each command.
      • net start wuauserv
      • net start cryptSvc
      • net start bits
      • net start msiserver
    5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it.

Now you may try running the Windows Updates and check if the above steps resolve the issue.

For reference: Windows Update - Additional resources - Windows Deployment

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry
    incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry,
    click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/)

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Update KB 4535547 keeps failing

1. Update KB 4535547 keeps failing - Similar Threads - Update 4535547 keeps

2. Updates keep failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates keep failing: I cannot for my life update my laptop... I keep getting "Undoing changes" after it tries to install the updates. It's been going on for a few months now whenever an update arises. Not only that It drastically slows everything down and everything becomes unresponsive once it's...
  3. Updates keep failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates keep failing: I cannot for my life update my laptop... I keep getting "Undoing changes" after it tries to install the updates. It's been going on for a few months now whenever an update arises. Not only that It drastically slows everything down and everything becomes unresponsive once it's...
  4. Update Keeps Failing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update Keeps Failing: [ATTACH] I keep getting the "Couldn't Complete Updates" error when trying to install the newest update. This is the error: (0x800f0922) And this is my admittedly haphazard disk layout...
  5. update keeps on failing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    update keeps on failing: update keeps on failing for windows 1909 to 2004 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-keeps-on-failing/71869a41-829f-4ed1-b270-85bda0e9bdc8
  6. Update keeps failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update keeps failing: Hi, All the other updates seem to be working except for this. This has been going on for several days now and the windows 10 updater has been working and has been able to install other updates in the meantime. I'm not very knowledgeable with the inner workings of Windows,...
  7. KB update

KB update: Hello --- if MS fixed/updates a patch (KB entry) will the date for the entry in the patch catalog for the patch get updated to reflect the update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb-update/878c9bbd-2d03-47a4-9824-d64d4b7e0fc8
  8. update keeps failing

update keeps failing: 2019-3 cumulative update for Windows 10 ver 1809 for x64-based systems (KB4489899) gets to 16% then fails and says it needs to redownload the update please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-keeps-failing/e24e003d-de90-411e-83f7-2592fe20a884
  9. Updates keep failing

Updates keep failing: Hi, a few days ago I was getting an error so I wasn't able to install the cumulative update KB4483234 (0x80240034). Now I'm getting this error: 2019-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4480966) -Error 0x80070002 What should I do? I've...
  10. KB 3176938 fails to download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB 3176938 fails to download: Updated to Windows 10 Home 64-bit version 1607 (Build 14393.0) through ISO file downloaded from Microsoft site. Subsequently, Windows Update was showing following updates as available : KB 3189031, KB 3176936 & KB 3176938. While downloading the same, the Wi-Fi connection was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 4535547