Windows 10: Update KB3081424: "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes"

Discus and support Update KB3081424: "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes" in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This is the first cumulative update and it's not working. The update downloads, then on reboot, it begins the installation, then, "We couldn't complete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jotnar, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Jotnar Win User

Update KB3081424: "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes"

This is the first cumulative update and it's not working. The update downloads, then on reboot, it begins the installation, then, "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. "

It also strangely goes into a cycle of restarting numerous times and repeating the message. Then, when I go into Windows Update, it says I'm "up to date." It does, however, log a "failed" in the update history.

My fan motor also went full blast, something it never does.

I'm not the only one experiencing this, as I've read of the exact same symptoms across sites. Does anyone know what this is and when Microsoft is going to remedy it? Does anyone know what this problem is? I've read everything from NVidia issues to registry.

Thanks.

:)

Jotnar, Aug 7, 2015

2. KB3081424 UPDATE OF WINDOWS 10

How to install after downloading the KB3081424 CUMULATIVE update from Windows 10? After downloading it shows "we couldn't complete the update, undoing changes".Help me to resolve this problem...

ravimahajanI, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Error Update Windows 10 Edu

I update windows but then pop up the screen "we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes". Can anyone guide me how to fix this?

Thanh Hải Nguyễn, Aug 7, 2015
  4. robday Win User

I have the same problem with updating. Mine is stuck on 'Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3105210)'. My error code in the event log is 0x800F0922.

robday, Nov 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Update KB3081424: "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes" - Similar Threads - Update KB3081424 couldn't

2. We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes: Hello, For the past week or so i have been attempting to update my Windows 10 PC. I have enough drive space for the updateWhenever the update restarts it simply just says reverting changes,I have tried Deleting software distribution but hasn't worked.I also tried upgrading to...
  3. We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes: Hello, For the past week or so i have been attempting to update my Windows 10 PC. I have enough drive space for the updateWhenever the update restarts it simply just says reverting changes,I have tried Deleting software distribution but hasn't worked.I also tried upgrading to...
  4. We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes: Hello everyone, my laptop recently got the 20h2 update but my laptop cant update it, it always got stuck there for atleast 20 mins before it open again....
  5. We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes: Hello everyone, my laptop recently got the 20h2 update but my laptop cant update it, it always got stuck there for atleast 20 mins before it open again....
  6. We couldn't complete the update undoing changes

We couldn't complete the update undoing changes: Hi,I was trying to update my laptop and when I went to restart it wasn't able to and reverted changes. I looked through some forums and couldn't find anything that worked. The problem came from no where and I don't remember hard shutting down my laptop at all.Update I'm...
  7. "We couldn't complete the update; undoing changes"

"We couldn't complete the update; undoing changes": This has been happening for about a week now. Every time I try to update, whether I click "shut down" or "restart," windows will restart twice, give me this message, and send me back to the login screen. I tried running the update troubleshooter and then installing the...
  8. We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes

We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes: Windows wont update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-complete-the-updates-undoing-changes/d74e78ed-7172-4d28-b595-933711ec3280
  9. "We couldn't complete the update. Undoing changes"

"We couldn't complete the update. Undoing changes": I bought the PC I am currently on about one and half month ago and since the 5 of June every single update has failed to install, I have no idea what to do, I've tried using Command Prompt and running sfc /scannow, it said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and...
  10. we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes: i have a rather old lenovo flex 2 14 that try as i might, i can't get to update without this error coming up. whenever i restart my machine, it takes 5minutes to try updating itself followed by 25-30min undoing changes and i get so fed up waiting for it to do the same thing...
Tags: