Windows 10: Update KB4023057 moved the location of my This PC folders

Discus and support Update KB4023057 moved the location of my This PC folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After Windows 10 Update KB4023057 it seemed all my files had been deleted. I contacted support and they found my files but the update messed up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KathleenGarza, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Update KB4023057 moved the location of my This PC folders

After Windows 10 Update KB4023057 it seemed all my files had been deleted. I contacted support and they found my files but the update messed up the links to folders located in This PC. Now when I need to access my files I have to go to C:/Users/MyUser to locate any files or use the temporary tech support fix using Quick Access. The This PC link in the left navigation pane still shows the folders but when they're accessed it displays an empty folder. I checked the properties of these folders and they show that they are now located in C:/Users/TEMP.

I would like the This PC navigation to work properly. All the tech support did was pin the folders located in C:/Users/MyUser to the Quick Access navigation.

Update KB4023057 moved the location of my This PC folders 4db691b6-265f-4967-80a8-5e7f202b4e8b?upload=true.png

:)

KathleenGarza, Jan 24, 2019

2. Update KB4023057 moved the location of my This PC folders

After Windows 10 Update KB4023057 it seemed all my files had been deleted. I contacted support and they found my files but the update messed up the links to folders located in This PC. Now when I need to access my files I have to go to C:/Users/MyUser to
    locate any files or use the temporary tech support fix using Quick Access. The This PC link in the left navigation pane still shows the folders but when they're accessed it displays an empty folder. I checked the properties of these folders and they show that
    they are now located in C:/Users/TEMP.

I would like the This PC navigation to work properly. All the tech support did was pin the folders located in C:/Users/MyUser to the Quick Access navigation.

Update KB4023057 moved the location of my This PC folders 4db691b6-265f-4967-80a8-5e7f202b4e8b?upload=true.png

KathleenGarza, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Update KB4023057 moved the location of my This PC folders

Thanks Andrew. But the properties say 1 file/ 0 bytes because it's the wrong file/folder. That's the whole problem. It's the Temp folder. Not the proper This PC folder. I already have my files back, but I can't use any icons to get to them. I can't even
    save to Desktop by clicking Desktop in the left nav because it saves to the Temp folder, not the Desktop. Again, the problem is the This PC folders are now linked to the TEMP file folder. The update moves the files to the TEMP folder during the update, i.e.
    TEMP/Documents, and then moves them back to their proper folders, i.e. THIS PC/Documents, after it's installed. It's not supposed to MOVE the TEMP folder to THIS PC. The TEMP folder is supposed to stay in the Windows folder. Since when did TEMP become a User
    in Microsoft? Look at the properties Location.

KathleenGarza, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Nicrite Win User

Update KB4023057 moved the location of my This PC folders

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Update KB4023057 moved the location of my This PC folders

1. Update KB4023057 moved the location of my This PC folders - Similar Threads - Update KB4023057 moved

2. Moved the IE11 cache folder location

in Browsers and Email
    Moved the IE11 cache folder location: Please I would like to know why I don't see Temporary Internet Files on my folder? 181202
  3. Can't move folder location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't move folder location: Hi, I recently sync with Onedrive. When I noticed that all my onedrive folders mixed with my local documents on my PC, I unlinked it and uninstalled it. >However, my documents folder is now C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Documents. >I clicked on restore default button which is the...
  4. Update KB4023057

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update KB4023057: This update happened but is not on the main list of updates. Has stopped my ability to roll back this update and also made my back up USB read only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-kb4023057/b8957483-4925-497c-b94e-73b0c5a1bd1d
  5. My PC is broke after kb4023057 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC is broke after kb4023057 update: After my PC installed the update KB4023057 on it´s own, he´s completly usless. All USB-Ports won´t work except one. The PC won´t shut down or restart properly, rather stay on with a black screen forever. Because of that I can´t fix it with a recovery disc. This happend last...
  6. Windows update KB4023057

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update KB4023057: This update was installed on my computer March 1st. I started getting the blue screen, so I performed a system restore that would not complete. This same thing happened on a previous windows update about a month ago. It took me a while to get it back to normal, but I had...
  7. Update KB4023057

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update KB4023057: This update keeps installing itself into my programs and features. When it is installed I get a system crash at least once a day with blue error screen. It will tell me to check the stopcode for Memory management. So long as I uninstall this from programs and features. I...
  8. Update KB4023057 issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update KB4023057 issue: Hello, Got a notice that update KB4023057 waiting to be installed. Looked into installed updates list, it is listed as succesfully installed on 6 July 2018. Tried first to uninstall this update before installing the "waiting" update, it is not listed in the uninstall list....
  9. moving temp folder location

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    moving temp folder location: I moved my system and user temp folder locations in the belief it would save so many writes to my SSD, not sure if it was a good idea or not.. now have an error popup which mentions not being able to find the temp folder.....this could be because the partition i moved the...
  10. Unable to move location of My Documents or My Pictures folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to move location of My Documents or My Pictures folders: So currently when I go into "This PC" I have 6 icons at the top : Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures & Videos. As I'm running my OS off a 120gb SSD I typically store my documents/photos/videos etc on another drive, in this case my D drive. If I right click >...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB4023057 file location