Windows 10: Update KB4462919 causes album art loss in wmp

Discus and support Update KB4462919 causes album art loss in wmp in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; album art has mostly disappeared after this update. An issue multiple win 10 machines. Uninstalling update, along with resetting wmp library brings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jon Mann 45, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Update KB4462919 causes album art loss in wmp

album art has mostly disappeared after this update. An issue multiple win 10 machines. Uninstalling update, along with resetting wmp library brings back the album art. However once update re-installs itself, problem comes back. Microsoft needs a fix on this

:)

Jon Mann 45, Oct 23, 2018
  2. froschy Win User

N97 Album Art.

I think WMP stores the album art in the folder with the music files but does not embed the album art in the actual file. iTunes does something similar but stores the album art in a database instead of in a flat file structure.

Just to make it clear, the problem is that the album art is not embedded in the music files.

There are several things that you can do:

• Load the album art onto the phone as images and link these to each album (not ideal as it requires quite a bit of work and the images need to remain on the phone and in the same location)
    • Google "embed album art mp3" and download an application that can embed the album art.
    • Import your music into iTunes, add the album art, and the convert to AAC (iTunes Plus) format which embeds the album art.
    Hope this helps!

froschy, Oct 23, 2018
  3. P-V
    P-V Win User
    WMP 12 Album art

I am using WMP12 in W10 on a Surface Pro 2. Since moving from WMP 10 to 12 some of my album art has disappeared, even though they are still there on the MP3 tag editor. Has anyone any ideas?

4. Update KB4462919 causes album art loss in wmp

Music Album Art

I've found the only way of doing that is to use WMP to scan the album art, save it to a file then r click to copy the album art & then paste it onto the album details under Library>recently Added.

I've tried using software to update the album art but it never appears on the phone.

Doctor9fan, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

Update KB4462919 causes album art loss in wmp

1. Update KB4462919 causes album art loss in wmp - Similar Threads - Update KB4462919 causes

2. 3d album art visualization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3d album art visualization: Since replacing my old Win7 computer last week after it died completely rendering it useless, I discovered Media Player still resides in the background of win10. I miss This 3d album art visualization so much, and have only found websites that describe it, but none that will...
  3. 3d album art visualization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3d album art visualization: Since replacing my old Win7 computer last week after it died completely rendering it useless, I discovered Media Player still resides in the background of win10. I miss This 3d album art visualization so much, and have only found websites that describe it, but none that will...
  4. Groove not showing album art

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove not showing album art: Groove isn't showing album art for 85% of the albums. I really like the live tile feature so not having album art is annoying. VLC does this fine, but I want to use Groove for the interface. The Groove app on my phone has no trouble showing album art for all of my albums....
  5. WMP 12 "paste album art" pop-up missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    WMP 12 "paste album art" pop-up missing: I have reported this several times and the posted solution "is the problem". As of 10/24/2019 WMP 12 DOES NOT show "paste album art" in the pull down where it used to be. It appears Microsoft has removed that feature. What gives???...
  6. Album art pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    Album art pictures: Windows 10 Home edition version 1903.I have a lot of "Album art"pictures I don`t want and would like to delete them as they have got mixed up in some music albums is it safe to do so? 142745
  7. WMP Album lnfo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WMP Album lnfo: When I load an original CD into my CD rom and try to RIP it with Windows Media Player, I do NOT get any Song Titles, Artists or Album info.... Windows Media Player is NOT displaying song Information from the CD. Even if l right-click one of the CD 's tracks, select Find Album...
  8. Media Player album art

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Player album art: Where has the paste album art option in Windows Media Player gone? Is the now another way to add the desired album cover? A lot of the stuff I need isn't available for digital sale anywhere so info can't be found by the media player. Old demo tapes from very obscure, and...
  9. Update KB4462919 causes multiple errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update KB4462919 causes multiple errors: My printers disappear and excel crashes when I click to "enable edit" on a spreadsheet. I also could not re-install the printer drivers. When I uninstalled KB4462919 everything was fine again. I have disabled the auto update, as Windows tried to install the update again...
  10. Icons and album art

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Icons and album art: do not appear in Windows file Explorer after Windows 10 update is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-and-album-art/6263e8a0-6dc2-4d1c-a190-eda0ebbd7754
Tags: