Windows 10: Update kb4471324 causes bad image error on all programs

Discus and support Update kb4471324 causes bad image error on all programs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; recently after windows update installed KB4471324 to my windows 10 machine almost all programs give a bad image error when trying to start. Something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Elkie13, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Elkie13 Win User

Update kb4471324 causes bad image error on all programs

recently after windows update installed KB4471324 to my windows 10 machine almost all programs give a bad image error when trying to start. Something like this:

program name).exe - Bad Image
    C:\Windows\system32\xxx.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

Most of the time an additional Error status 0xc000012f is provided.

I have gone as far as to do a fresh windows install, reinstall all the programs, yet as soon as this update installs im back to square one. I have run virus scan and almost every solution i have googled to find the culprit.

I even had microsoft support do some changes to registry/services to try to stop windows update. The next day the update installs and i start every morning by uninstalling this update so i can use my machine.

:)

Elkie13, Dec 20, 2018
  2. David Haz Win User

Error in bad image groove.exe

Hello,

A bad image error occurs if you attempt to open a specific program is caused if a component within the application may have been corrupted or damaged, or that a component within Windows have been damaged. For us to isolate the issue about a bad image error,
    kindly respond to the questions below:

• Have you made any significant changes to your device prior to the issue?
    • Does the error appear when opening a specific application? If not, when does the error appear?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Dec 20, 2018
  3. DXSETUP.exe- Bad Image ERROR

The error message DXSETUP.exe- Bad Image ERROR that you are getting may be due to a corrupted software on the computer. However, we need to perform some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this concern. Before we proceed, kindly
    answer the following:

• Which application are you trying to download from Steam?
    • Are you experiencing this to all application you are trying to download?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message that you are getting when downloading application? Make sure that you remove all personal information.

Charianne Per, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Windows Bad Image error

Hi Laura,

To better assist you regarding the “Windows bad Image error message” on your computer, please clarify the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Since when are you experiencing the issue?
    • Is it still an ongoing issue on your computer?
    • Any recent changes made prior to the issue?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Update kb4471324 causes bad image error on all programs - Similar Threads - Update kb4471324 causes

2. Since October Updates, ProductInfo.dll Bad Image Errors for All Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since October Updates, ProductInfo.dll Bad Image Errors for All Programs: Hello! Windows specs: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎5/‎2/‎2021 OS build 19045.3448 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19044.1000.0 running on a personal desktop, 64-bitToday 10/15/2023 I discovered my computer had shut off and automatically...
  3. Since October Updates, ProductInfo.dll Bad Image Errors for All Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since October Updates, ProductInfo.dll Bad Image Errors for All Programs: Hello! Windows specs: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎5/‎2/‎2021 OS build 19045.3448 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19044.1000.0 running on a personal desktop, 64-bitToday 10/15/2023 I discovered my computer had shut off and automatically...
  4. Since October Updates, ProductInfo.dll Bad Image Errors for All Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bad Image Error when opening certain programs

Bad Image Error when opening certain programs: I am in need of help. Currently any time Steam, Origin, SD Tray, and other applications open, I receive an error that says "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VERSION.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original...
  6. Bad Image error

Bad Image error: This problem suddenly popped up a few days ago and I already tried troubleshooting it myself by re-installing the indicated file that was supposed to be corrupted but the problem was still there. I also tried using the command prompt by entering "sfc/scannow" which I thought...
  7. Bug in Windows Update# KB4471324

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bug in Windows Update# KB4471324: Immediately upon opening a new window, any input form begins filling up with consecutive "+" signs. This cannot be stopped - the only way out is to close the window. Opening a Notepad file causes the "+" signs to appear in any blank spot. Cannot use cut & paste to fill forms...
  8. KB4471324

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4471324: Hi, I have an HP laptop only 6 months old etc running win 10 v1803 build 17134.417. KB4471324 has tried and failed to install 6 times since the 11 Dec release of the 1809 feature update. I get the blank screen and win fails to load. I restore to previous restore point and all...
  9. issues for 2018-12 kb4471324 update

issues for 2018-12 kb4471324 update: Hi, Because my notebook becomes slow, so I guess it must be the issue of windows update ... I found my notebook received the 2018-12 kb4471324 update, and it success once, but it failed for 6 or more times, and it is continue do update now. [ATTACH] Now, my notebook...
  10. KB4471324 update failed with error code 0x800f0922

KB4471324 update failed with error code 0x800f0922: This was the 2018-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803. What is the error, and should I try to fix something or just wait it out and keep trying? This update failed on my PC and completely crashed my Lap Top....
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what are the causes of bad image

2. cant download programmes due to warning error bad image

3. kb4471324