Windows 10: Update KB4487017 almost broke my HP laptop!!

Discus and support Update KB4487017 almost broke my HP laptop!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; No thanks to MS's refusal to give their customers back our right to choose what gets downloaded or installed, I had the above mentioned update forced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by J. Gilbert, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Update KB4487017 almost broke my HP laptop!!

No thanks to MS's refusal to give their customers back our right to choose what gets downloaded or installed, I had the above mentioned update forced on me only to have it fail after reaching 93% upon restarting. That causd my laptop to go into a reboot loop with the following message coming up each time "We couldn't complete the update. Undoing changes. Do not turn off your computer." I had to do a system restore in order to get back control of my pc and get rid of your temp update files. I don't think it's fair to force updates especially if you are aware that they are buggy or potentially harmful. I am an autistic person who depends on my pc to communicate with people. Give us back the choice of what we want to install.

:)

J. Gilbert, Feb 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 Hibernate issue with the HP laptop

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We would suggest you to runt the Power troubleshooter and check.

Try to run the troubleshooter and check.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
      Enter.
    • Select View all from the left pane and select Power.
    • Follow the on-screen troubleshooter and try the steps.
    We would also suggest you to update the firmware of the BIOS and install the chipset drivers and check.

For steps related to updating firmware for the BIOS and chipset drivers, you may contact the HP.

Ravinath P, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Zeeba# Win User
    My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Feb 15, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Update KB4487017 almost broke my HP laptop!!

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

- this suggests BIOS corruption or a hardware problem...
    Whilst you might try flashing the BIOS (updating it may be necessary to run Win 10- witness your problem above), you also say you have access to it.
    Do you hear any beeps or sounds?

Try steps 1,2 here:
    Laptop freezes at HP logo without loading circle - HP Support Forum - 5997641

Check the version of your BIOS vs that listed on HP's site for your laptop.

I'm also wondering if this might be related to your CMOS battery inside your laptop. (This should be a normal circular battery).
    How to replace the CMOS battery
    - but that's just a thought.

Worth asking on the HP forum.

================================
    Sorry that's not how to create a bootable disk. All that disk is is data storage- as you just copied the files to it.

Please see:
    How to Create a Bootable DOS USB Drive
    for one way to do it using a free program.

However, given the above, doing that isn't likely to help you I'm afraid.

dalchina, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Update KB4487017 almost broke my HP laptop!!

1. Update KB4487017 almost broke my HP laptop!! - Similar Threads - Update KB4487017 almost

2. windows update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update broke my laptop: Yea so title says it all. Updated windows , when I rebooted the laptop it says my pin is not valid anymore.When I click set up , a grey box pops up then immediately disappears, leaving me unable to set up pin, therefore locked out of my own laptop.I then uninstalling the...
  3. Windows update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update broke my laptop: I have a Yoga 700 from Lenovo with Windows 10 and everything worked correctly yesterday, last thing I did was to update cummulative something and today I cannot shut down my pc, it gets stuck in a black screen and never shuts down, and networking is completely broken both...
  4. Last update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Last update broke my laptop: Clicked update and restart. Screen said restating for 20 minutes then went black. Keys are all lit up, but the laptop is completely unresponsive. Asus tuf 505 laptop. Ideas?...
  5. Latest update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update broke my laptop: Hi I was forced to install the latest windows update on my Lenovo Yoga 920 and now I have BSOD. I have tried every single option that windows gives in an effort to fix it, including a full reset of windows which immediately fails every time. Now I have no way to study for...
  6. Windows Almost Broke My PC

Windows Almost Broke My PC: So, that might be an exaggeration. However, when I installed the latest preview build for skip ahead, my pc wouldn't boot into Windows. But, when I inserted my Windows USB boot drive it would boot just fine into it (not into the windows 10 setup from USB but into my actual...
  7. KB4487017 Update Problems

KB4487017 Update Problems: Hello, i am having now kinda annoying problems with the KB4487017 cumulative update. For over a week now, the update always fails to complete when i restart laptop, even tho the Update Uninstall Manager does say that this update is already installed on my laptop. I dont know...
  8. Last update keeps recycling, failed KB4487017

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Last update keeps recycling, failed KB4487017: 8 failed installs of KB4487017 0x800f0922 I am at my wits end here: About a 2 weeks ago, I got an update. Usually I have it so when I go to bed, I choose update and shut down, then it finishes when I log in. This last update I did it the usual way, but in the morning when I...
  9. Update KB4487017 Causing Windows 10 to be slow?

Update KB4487017 Causing Windows 10 to be slow?: Hello, Recently half our office has updated their Windows 10 up to date with KB4487017 and the last update on the workstations. Since the update the people that have installed KB4487017 are now experiencing there machines being slow. Has anyone else had a similar...
  10. Win Update KB4487017

Win Update KB4487017: Windows Update is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-update-kb4487017/1d0514f4-4c60-4a37-9b8a-fdcbd220fe6d
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4487017 battery