Windows 10: Update KB4490628

Discus and support Update KB4490628 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I need to install the KB4490628 on my serveur windows 2008 R2 . but when i restart to finish install , i have a ehec to install and in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tommy LONGEANIE, Jun 7, 2023.

  1. Update KB4490628


    Hello, I need to install the KB4490628 on my serveur windows 2008 R2 . but when i restart to finish install , i have a ehec to install and in the observations i have a error 0x8004002.I have to scf /scannow .Best regards

    :)
     
    Tommy LONGEANIE, Jun 7, 2023
    #1
  2. Mabyp Win User

    Kb4490628

    I am unable to install this important update. When I select the downloaded file it says the update is not applicable to your computer. I ran cmd it didn’t work. Troubleshoot but it didn’t detect any issues. When I check for windows update it has outstanding 6 updates.

    Kb4516065

    Kb4524752

    Kb4535102

    Kb2871997

    Kb3031432

    Kb3213642

    How do I install kb4490628 in this situation pls?
     
    Mabyp, Jun 7, 2023
    #2
  3. Volume Z Win User
    Windows 7 64-bit unable to update KB4474419 and KB4490628

    Yes, the number of updates to replace 4474419 by is countless.

    But the number of updates to replace 4490628 by is zero.

    Any installation unable to install KB4490628 needs to be outright abandoned. Reinstallation required; at the very least Inplace Upgrade.

    I can't figure out what this means. Basically the only reason why KB4490628 can't be installed would be Service Pack 1 missing.
     
    Volume Z, Jun 7, 2023
    #3
  4. 3Colors Win User

    Update KB4490628

    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

    Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

    Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update KB4490628 :) Best regards.


    And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.
     
    3Colors, Jun 7, 2023
    #4
Thema:

Update KB4490628

Loading...
  1. Update KB4490628 - Similar Threads - Update KB4490628

  2. Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 Updates Cause Black Screens After Sign-In on Some Devices

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 Updates Cause Black Screens After Sign-In on Some Devices: Microsoft has confirmed that recent Windows 11 updates can leave some devices on a black screen after sign-in, with the desktop session failing to load, according to a new entry on the Windows release health dashboard. The issue affects Windows 11 versions 24H2, 25H2, and...
  3. Microsoft Pauses KB5002907 After the Update Deactivates or Removes Office 2016 and Office 2019

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Pauses KB5002907 After the Update Deactivates or Removes Office 2016 and Office 2019: Microsoft has paused the rollout of KB5002907, an optional update for out-of-date Microsoft 365 Apps installations, after reports that it deactivated or, in some cases, completely removed perpetual Microsoft Office 2016 and Office 2019 installations on Windows PCs. The...
  4. Microsoft Fixes File History Backup Failures Caused by September Windows Updates

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Fixes File History Backup Failures Caused by September Windows Updates: Microsoft has fixed a known issue that stopped the File History backup feature from working on some Windows PCs after the September 2026 security updates were installed. The fix ships in the optional KB5124010 and KB5124006 cumulative updates for Windows 11, according to...
  5. Microsoft Confirms September Windows 11 Updates Break Always On VPN Connections

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms September Windows 11 Updates Break Always On VPN Connections: Microsoft has confirmed that the security updates for Windows 11 which are scheduled for September 2026 may cause Always On VPN connections to fail, leaving the affected devices unable to access corporate networks. The company mentioned the issue in a Windows release health...
  6. Microsoft Releases Emergency Windows Updates to Fix Remote Desktop Services Failures

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Releases Emergency Windows Updates to Fix Remote Desktop Services Failures: To deal with the Remote Desktop Services (RDS) failures caused by the September 2026 security updates, as well as with Hyper-V and USB audio problems on certain versions of Windows, Microsoft has issued emergency out-of-band Windows updates. The September 2026 security...
  7. September Windows Server Updates Break Remote Desktop Services Across 2019, 2022, and 2025

    in Windows 10 News
    September Windows Server Updates Break Remote Desktop Services Across 2019, 2022, and 2025: Windows administrators have reported that the September 2026 cumulative updates are leading to failures of Remote Desktop Services (RDS) on Windows Server 2019, 2022, and 2025, which stops users from being able to connect and, in a number of instances, necessitates a hard...
  8. Update KB4490628

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update KB4490628: Hello, I need to install the KB4490628 on my serveur windows 2008 R2 . but when i restart to finish install , i have a ehec to install and in the observations i have a error 0x8004002.I have to scf /scannow .Best regards...
  9. Windows 7 64-bit unable to update KB4474419 and KB4490628

    in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 64-bit unable to update KB4474419 and KB4490628: Can i get help updating SHA-2 my laptop was off for 4 yrs. I just turned it back on and updates are not being accepted. After reading its apparent i don't have SHA-2 allowing updating. At the same time update history shows new updates but then says those updates need to be...
  10. Windows 7 64-bit unable to update KB4474419 and KB4490628

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 64-bit unable to update KB4474419 and KB4490628: Can i get help updating SHA-2 my laptop was off for 4 yrs. I just turned it back on and updates are not being accepted. After reading its apparent i don't have SHA-2 allowing updating. At the same time update history shows new updates but then says those updates need to be...