Windows 10: Update KB4528760 installed but now network disconnects every time I change users

Discus and support Update KB4528760 installed but now network disconnects every time I change users in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently installed the KB4528760 January patch - that was an ordeal that took several hours and the use of the Microsoft Media Creation tool. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GunnerDanneels, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Update KB4528760 installed but now network disconnects every time I change users

Recently installed the KB4528760 January patch - that was an ordeal that took several hours and the use of the Microsoft Media Creation tool. After that install, whenever I switch users on the system the network can no longer connect to the internet. I installed the latest drivers for my networking hardware and problem still occurs. Backed out of the installation of KB4528760 and everything works fine again.

Second symptom - same time - Malwarebytes anti-malware randomly shuts off and cannot be turned back on without a reinstall while KB4528760 is on the system. Again, when I backed out of KB4528760, everything is working fine.

If MSFT support is monitoring this forum, they need to be aware of this behaviour.

:)

GunnerDanneels, Jan 19, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Network Disconnect Problem

Hello Narender,

Thank you for keeping us posted and we appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue.

At this point, I suggest you to disable the power management option for the network adapter and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Please follow the below suggested steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Start Menu and select Device Manager from the menu to change the .
    • Next, to disable the setting for power management settings, expand Network Adapters, right-click on the adapter, click
      Properties, click the Power Management tab, and then clear the
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box.

Write to us with the updated results for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 19, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Update KB4528760 installed but now network disconnects every time I change users

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Update KB4528760 installed but now network disconnects every time I change users

1. Update KB4528760 installed but now network disconnects every time I change users - Similar Threads - Update KB4528760 installed

2. Is KB4528760 safe to install now?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is KB4528760 safe to install now?: Seems there were lots of issues and then silence. Cannot find anyone saying those issues were remediated including black and blue screens, rebooting, losing network, etc. Is it now safe? Thanks. 149963
  3. Security Update KB4528760 for v1909?

Security Update KB4528760 for v1909?: Recently, I just upgraded from Windows 10 1903 to 1909 from the Settings/Windows Update. There was this major security update from MS that was pushed out and my update history shows that this update (KB4528760) was installed when I had 1903. Will I have to install this update...
  4. Big problems after installing KB4528760 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Big problems after installing KB4528760 update: Hi! I got several problems after installing KB4528760 update. First problem is when I restart my computer. It is stuck on restarting screen for about 5 minutes then I get a blue screen before the computer starts up. After the computer has been on for a while like 1-2 hours...
  5. KB4528760 causing network failure

KB4528760 causing network failure: Since installing this update on a Dell XPS9000 desktop, the ethernet port onboard Realtek is dropping the internet connection when the PC is idle or at sleep. There is still an IP address, the router can see the PC, but it says gateway cannot be found. You cannot even reset...
  6. COMPLAIN REGARDING UPDATE KB4528760 FAILING TO INSTAL,

COMPLAIN REGARDING UPDATE KB4528760 FAILING TO INSTAL,: The purpose of this communication is to ascertain the veracity of theNOTIFICATION/ALERT as articulated hereunder. I would also appreciate the advice and guidance of your office as to whether it would be advisable or not for me to “…to install the patch…” as prompted....
  7. Win Update error with KB4528760

Win Update error with KB4528760: Win 10 Pro x64, Build 18363.535, Version 1909/Nov 2019 Update I have clean-installed Windows 10 Pro at the beginning of this year. Windows Update was running fine until yesterday, when the January Cumulative Update refused to install on my PC: (KB4528760) - Error 0x800f0982...
  8. Issues with kb4528760-X64 update

Issues with kb4528760-X64 update: Big issue for me: Network drive mappings via group policy stopped working on Windows 10 1909. Applied patch to DC and issue still remains. In fact, drive mapping stopped working on the DC. Uninstalled patch and drive mapping via group policy (GP) service was restored. Anyone...
  9. Can't install KB4528760

Can't install KB4528760: Hello everyone, I'm trying for the past 24 hours, ever since I've heard about the vulnerability, to update my computer windwows 10 version 1903 with this update. However it keeps failing with error code 0x800f0986. other updates were installed succesfully yesterday, and...
  10. Every time there is a windows update my peer to peer network disconnects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Every time there is a windows update my peer to peer network disconnects: Every time Windows does a major update, it somehow disconnects my peer to peer network. I have checked to make sure network discovery is turned on and i have made sure the password is turned off. But i am still getting a thing asking me for my credentials. The mapped...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4528760 installed but now detect by system