Windows 10: Update KB4598291 or KB4601906 broke discord streaming

Discus and support Update KB4598291 or KB4601906 broke discord streaming in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; No matter what, audio will NOT work when streaming in discord, found others with the same problem. submitted by /u/LilOlPuff [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LilOlPuff, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Update KB4598291 or KB4601906 broke discord streaming

No matter what, audio will NOT work when streaming in discord, found others with the same problem.

submitted by /u/LilOlPuff
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LilOlPuff, Feb 2, 2021
  2. Louie_101 Win User

discord on PC slow?

Hi there! I am Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

You may try some solutions below that might help fix the problem:

Solution 1: Close Unnecessary Programs

It’s common to see Discord lagging if you’re running multiple programs on your PC, because some of them may conflict with Discord. To solve the problem, you can try ending unnecessary programs.

You just need to press Shift + Ctrl + Esc to open Task Manager. Then right-click the program you don’t use currently and select End task to close it. After you close all the unnecessary applications which run with Discord at the same time, you can check if
    your Discord works fine.

Solution 2: Turn Off Hardware Acceleration

Another way to fix Discord lagging issue is turning off Hardware Acceleration. You can follow the steps below.

Step 1: Run Discord and go to Settings.

Step 2: Click Appearance from the left pane and toggle off the switch button of Hardware Acceleration.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, click Okay to confirm the operation. Then restart your Discord to see if Discord lagging issue is fixed.

Solution 3: Clear Discord Cache Files

If too many cache files and cookies are accumulated on the PC, Discord lagging issue might appear. In this case, you need to clear Discord cache files.

Step 1: Exit Discord.

Step 2: Press Win + R to invoke Run window. Then input %APPDATA%/Discord/Cache and click OK to open the cache folder in File Explorer.

Step 3: Now press Ctrl + A to select all files in the window. Then press Delete key to delete them.

Then you can relaunch Discord and check if the problem has been solved.

Solution 4: Reset Discord Voice Settings

Improper voice settings could also lead to Discord lagging issue. If you have changed any settings recently, you may need to reset them to default.

Just open Discord and go to Settings. Then select Voice & Video from the left pane and click Reset Voice Settings in the right pane. Click Okay in the pop-up window. After the operation, you can relaunch Discord and see if it works normally.

Solution 5: Update Your Drivers

If your Discord gets lagging, you can also try update your graphics driver or audio driver to fix the problem. Because the issue might appear when you’re using faulty or corrupted drivers.

Step 1: Open Run window and type devmgmt.msc in the dialog box. Then press Enter to access Device Manager.

Step 2: Double-click Audio inputs and outputs to expand the list. Then right-click your audio driver and select Update driver.

Tip: To update graphics driver, you need to double-click Display adapters, right-click your graphic driver and choose Update driver.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, choose Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the instructions to finish the process.

Then restart your computer and use Discord again to see if this solution works.

Solution 6: Reinstall Discord

If none of the solutions above works for you, you may need to reinstall Discord to fix Discord lagging issue. Let’s uninstall the program first.

Step 1: Go to Control Panel.

Step 2: Select View by: Category and then click Uninstall a program.

Step 3: Right-click Discord and select Uninstall.

Step 4: Follow the instructions to finish uninstalling Discord.

Then you can download and install Discord manually. After it is installed, launch it to see if the issue has been removed.

Hope this helps

Sincerely,

Louie

Louie_101, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    discord

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues in downloading Discord app on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• What is the complete error message that you receive when you try to install Discord?

If you are using an anti-virus, I would suggest you to disable it temporarily and check.

Note: If you disable the security software or firewall, the system might be temporarily exposed to security threats and risks. Please make sure to turn it on after performing the steps.

If disabling the anti-virus doesn’t help, we can perform a Clean Boot on the computer.

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot on the computer.
    However, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

To perform a clean boot on the computer refer to the article How to perform a
    clean boot in Windows

If performing a clean boot fixes the issue then, please refer to the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to check which program is causing the issue.

Note: Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

If Clean Boot doesn’t work, we can create a new user account and check.
    Refer the article Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

You can also try removing the left over files of Discord by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Window logo key + R to open Run window.
    2. Type %appdata% and press
      Enter
    3. From the path that will open delete the %AppData%/Discord and %LocalAppData%/Discord folders.
    4. Restart your computer in the end.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Update KB4598291 or KB4601906 broke discord streaming

Adobe flash will not play Xfinity stream on Win10pro

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing an issue with Xfinity stream due to Adobe Flash player. We will look into this for you. However, in order to get clarity and to assist you with appropriate steps, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

1. Which browser are you facing this issue with, apart from Firefox?
    2. Have you checked if the Flash player is enabled on your browser?
    3. Was there any major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Steps to unblock Adobe Flash Player:

1. Login to Xfinity streaming on your browser.
    2. If there is a lock sign on the left or right end of the URL/address bar, click on it.
    3. Scroll down to find Adobe Flash Player and click on Unblock.
    4. You should be able to stream once the Flash Player is Unblocked.

I would also suggest you to refer the article on
    Flash Player Help
    by Adobe and check if it is helpful to you.

Kindly follow the suggestions and get back to us with the results.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Update KB4598291 or KB4601906 broke discord streaming

1. Update KB4598291 or KB4601906 broke discord streaming - Similar Threads - Update KB4598291 KB4601906

2. Discord stream sharing discoloration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord stream sharing discoloration: i have no i dea whats the cause of the stream discolouration, when trying to play game, the stream is my computer,Graphic card: Gefore 1050 Ti https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/discord-stream-sharing-discoloration/d45c4527-a397-4b0a-bd9b-7d96fe80560f
  3. Discord stream sharing discoloration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discord stream sharing discoloration: i have no i dea whats the cause of the stream discolouration, when trying to play game, the stream is my computer,Graphic card: Gefore 1050 Ti https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/discord-stream-sharing-discoloration/d45c4527-a397-4b0a-bd9b-7d96fe80560f
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when watching a shared stream on Discord

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when watching a shared stream on Discord: Recently, every time I opened my friend's shared stream on Discord desktop app link to app after about 5-10 minutes of watching my computer will freeze up and then eventually crash with blue screen showing error "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION".Below is a .zip file with my three...
  5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when watching a shared stream on Discord

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when watching a shared stream on Discord: Recently, every time I opened my friend's shared stream on Discord desktop app link to app after about 5-10 minutes of watching my computer will freeze up and then eventually crash with blue screen showing error "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION".Below is a .zip file with my three...
  6. Update failed KBKB4598291

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update failed KBKB4598291: HI I ask how clear without? recovery when a new device? tell me T.Schan SI sirpa1946 Update failed Hey Optional update KB4598291 has been downloaded but will not install. When I installed the update, there was a power outage at 20%, the installation will continue and the...
  7. Update KB4598291 will not install.

Update KB4598291 will not install.: The recent February KB4598291 update won't install.In fact all cumulative updates from November/20 on have not installed.Everything else WILL install but this. I looked at all the updates within the update itself for February and saw nothing that my system would want...
  8. Windows Update KB4598291 error 0x80073701

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update KB4598291 error 0x80073701: I am running windows 10 Home and I am also a Windows Insider. Late last year some updates came out and have caused me some issues. Currently my issue won't let me upgrade to windows 10 Pro. The update in question is KB4598291 and it always gives me error 0x80073701. I have...
  9. Login prompt appeared after updates KB4598291 & KB4598299

Login prompt appeared after updates KB4598291 & KB4598299: [ATTACH] I don't know if the updates are significant in this incident. The laptop was showing a login prompt in the early hours of this morning after the updates KB4598291 & KB4598299 where applied yesterday. I was planning on having cup of tea when I noticed the prompt....
  10. No Discord sound while streaming after latest cumulative update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Discord sound while streaming after latest cumulative update.: Yesterday was fine, not friend can't hear streaming sound . The only thing that I did was install the latest Win 10 update, could it be the issue? submitted by /u/Vigilantix [link] [comments]...
  1. GHacks
Tags: