Windows 10: Update KB4649951 for Windows 10 causing massive problems.

Discus and support Update KB4649951 for Windows 10 causing massive problems. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having problems since update KB4549951 was installed, including the famous Blue Screen of Death, unexpected shut-downs, Google Chrome cannot be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BarryColegrave, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Update KB4649951 for Windows 10 causing massive problems.

I am having problems since update KB4549951 was installed, including the famous Blue Screen of Death, unexpected shut-downs, Google Chrome cannot be started etc. I have attempted to uninstall this update, but Windows 10 will not allow it, there is no Uninstall button for this file. W.T.F.

Has anybody found a workaround for this problem?

Thanks.

:)

BarryColegrave, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 23, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Update KB4649951 for Windows 10 causing massive problems.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Update KB4649951 for Windows 10 causing massive problems.

1. Update KB4649951 for Windows 10 causing massive problems. - Similar Threads - Update KB4649951 causing

2. Virtual Memory causing massive problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Memory causing massive problems: I very briefly changed my Virtual Memory settings on one of my older Laptops and it's caused massive problems. Is there any way to fix it, or put my computer back to the way it was before? For reference, Its a Nitro AN515-44 Laptop. - AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics...
  3. Virtual Memory causing massive problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Memory causing massive problems: I very briefly changed my Virtual Memory settings on one of my older Laptops and it's caused massive problems. Is there any way to fix it, or put my computer back to the way it was before? For reference, Its a Nitro AN515-44 Laptop. - AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics...
  4. Massive Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive Problem: I can't use my computer properly with this problem. My computer has a problem where when I use it for 30min, the whole laptop crashes possibly Microsoft Edge. Whenever I reboot it, it has startup problems and when I use startup repair, it says srs text. I use file restore and...
  5. Massive Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Massive Problem: I can't use my computer properly with this problem. My computer has a problem where when I use it for 30min, the whole laptop crashes possibly Microsoft Edge. Whenever I reboot it, it has startup problems and when I use startup repair, it says srs text. I use file restore and...
  6. Massive Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 Updates caused problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Updates caused problems: My File Explorer is crashed since doing windows updates earlier this month. What is the fix please? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-caused-problems/fea90128-0201-4081-8c27-f2484e5f753a
  8. Massive Update windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Massive Update windows 10: Hello good day to every one. In the organization in which I work, I occupy the position of Analyst of Microinformatics. Among my tasks is the update of Windows in its 1607 version and after 1803 or 1809. Although we have the Symantec Deploy tool, the process is very tedious...
  9. Windows 10 massive update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 massive update?: My computer is running "disk" at 100%. Any task I attempt to perform is taking far too long. Last time this happened (October?), I learned, after the fact, that my computer was updating....and it took all day... even though I have all sorts of memory/ram or whatever it is...
  10. Massive Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Massive Problem: So I bought a new laptop, it arrived, and I start it up, and I have to do first time set-up stuff, time zone, keyboard layout, language, etc, then the windows 10 key, okay. Then the settings, I mess around with those. Then I hit next. It says please wait a moment, spins a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB4649951