Windows 10: Update KB5015882 continuously fails installing

Discus and support Update KB5015882 continuously fails installing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm at my wits end with this update now. It keeps failing to install at 25% citing 0x8000ffff error code. I've tested a number of things. SFC finds no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EBergkvist, Jul 23, 2022.

1. Update KB5015882 continuously fails installing

I'm at my wits end with this update now. It keeps failing to install at 25% citing 0x8000ffff error code. I've tested a number of things. SFC finds no issues that need fixing, I've restarted the Microsoft Store via WSReset.exe, I've run the Windows Update troubleshooter but it it did not fix the issue either.I've got plenty of disk space free as well so that's not the issue either. When I reboot, it tries installing the update but then repeatedly says something went wrong and then proceeds to rolling back. This has occurred consecutively for three days in a row now.

:)

EBergkvist, Jul 23, 2022
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jul 23, 2022
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Jul 23, 2022
  4. AsRock Win User

Update KB5015882 continuously fails installing

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jul 23, 2022
Thema:

Update KB5015882 continuously fails installing

1. Update KB5015882 continuously fails installing - Similar Threads - Update KB5015882 continuously

2. Failing update continuously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failing update continuously: I have Windows 10 21H1 and it has failed update continuously happening in my Windows. Error couldnt install updates and I try to do basic TS but still no help. Im doing this update for 2 weeks now....
  3. Failing update continuously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failing update continuously: I have Windows 10 21H1 and it has failed update continuously happening in my Windows. Error couldnt install updates and I try to do basic TS but still no help. Im doing this update for 2 weeks now....
  4. Failing update continuously

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why do updates KB5013889 and KB5015882 continually fail to install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do updates KB5013889 and KB5015882 continually fail to install?: These updates repeatedly fails to install and then uninstall themselves after restarting. The KB5013889 error code is consistently 0x8007007eFor KB5015882 the error code 0x80248007 was repeated 3 times and 0x80073712 once.Dell Inspiron 5570 Laptop Configuration:Windows 11 Pro...
  6. Why do updates KB5013889 and KB5015882 continually fail to install?

Why do updates KB5013889 and KB5015882 continually fail to install?: These updates repeatedly fails to install and then uninstall themselves after restarting. The KB5013889 error code is consistently 0x8007007eFor KB5015882 the error code 0x80248007 was repeated 3 times and 0x80073712 once.Dell Inspiron 5570 Laptop Configuration:Windows 11 Pro...
  7. Windows 11 Update KB5015882 fails with error code 0x8000ffff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update KB5015882 fails with error code 0x8000ffff: Second time in a row now with a Windows 11 Update and exactly the same error code of 0x8000ffff. Had the same error code with the previous update.However, this time the issue is affecting both my PCs and both with the same error code.Never had a problem before.Absolutely fed...
  8. Update KB5015882 continuously fails installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update KB5015882 continuously fails installing: I'm at my wits end with this update now. It keeps failing to install at 25% citing 0x8000ffff error code. I've tested a number of things. SFC finds no issues that need fixing, I've restarted the Microsoft Store via WSReset.exe, I've run the Windows Update troubleshooter but...
  9. Windows 11 July 21 Update KB5015882 fails to install Error code: 0x800f0922

Windows 11 July 21 Update KB5015882 fails to install Error code: 0x800f0922: Hello,I'm trying to install the most recent Windows 11 update KB5015882. The update downloads and begins to install and restarts my computer. After the restart the installation continues until it reaches 96%. Then it fails with the message "Something didn't go as planned....
  10. why does this update continuously fail to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why does this update continuously fail to install: [ATTACH] I've tried multiple times but it just gives me the same error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-this-update-continuously-fail-to-install/554bb817-c1ea-48ac-bc00-460c10dc526a