Windows 10: Update KB5026372 does not want to work. I have had other updates that have been successful.

Discus and support Update KB5026372 does not want to work. I have had other updates that have been successful. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have update KB5026372 on my list for quite some time now. For some reason, it does not want to update. I have had other Windows updates that have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Manuel Rodriguez5, May 26, 2023.

1. Update KB5026372 does not want to work. I have had other updates that have been successful.

I have update KB5026372 on my list for quite some time now. For some reason, it does not want to update. I have had other Windows updates that have been no problem. This one seems not to want to stick.

:)

Manuel Rodriguez5, May 26, 2023
  2. FA1289 Win User

Is KB5026372 causing an issue with VPN connections?

Hello Mostafa,

***Need help***

I uninstalled the KB5026372 yesterday morning, then rebooted; VPN ran fine for a few hours after that, but the KB5026372 downloaded again and got reinstalled automatically.

Then, I did the following yesterday late afternoon:

1. Uninstalled the KB5026372, rebooted and tried VPN, but VPN exhibited all the issues with constant disconnections and extremely slow speed.
    2. Followed instructions on the Internet to use a Microsoft tool to uninstall and then hide the update. This doesnt work the way one expects it to work. Even though the tool stated that it has removed the KB5026372, it remained in the Windows update list and the Windows Update UNINSTALL option did not show it as installed. Weird. VPN did not work either.
    3. So, I took the last resort approach. I saved all my data and then RESET my Surface Laptop 3 by downloading the Recovery image file from Microsoft. Chose the option to wipe all data on the disk.
    4. Process took an hour or so and then as part of the process KB5026372 got installed again automatically.
    5. After completion of reset, I uninstalled the KB5026372 again, rebooted, and then Stopped and Disabled the Windows Update and Update Orchestration services.
    6. VPN ran fine during the testing afterwards.
    7. However, this morning I started having the issues again even though the patch was not installed and the two services remained Disabled.
    8. I enabled the disabled services and now the KB5026372 has again downloaded and installed itself.
    I am utterly confused and frustrated and do not know what to do?

Can anyone recommend a true workaround that can sustain me till the fix from Microsoft?

FA1289, May 26, 2023
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, May 26, 2023
  4. btarunr Win User

Update KB5026372 does not want to work. I have had other updates that have been successful.

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Update KB5026372 does not want to work. I have had other updates that have been successful.

1. Update KB5026372 does not want to work. I have had other updates that have been successful. - Similar Threads - Update KB5026372 does

2. Update KB5026372 does not want to work. I have had other updates that have been successful.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update KB5026372 does not want to work. I have had other updates that have been successful.: I have update KB5026372 on my list for quite some time now. For some reason, it does not want to update. I have had other Windows updates that have been no problem. This one seems not to want to stick....
  3. i have been trying to add Arabic keyboard with no success

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have been trying to add Arabic keyboard with no success: I would like to have Arabic and Persian keyboards added to my laptop. Microsoft is not that helpful. Whoever in charge of this please help. I have been on this for hours....
  4. i have been trying to add Arabic keyboard with no success

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have been trying to add Arabic keyboard with no success: I would like to have Arabic and Persian keyboards added to my laptop. Microsoft is not that helpful. Whoever in charge of this please help. I have been on this for hours....
  5. Lately I have had to pause updates. Never wants to boot after updating. When will they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lately I have had to pause updates. Never wants to boot after updating. When will they...: Lately I have had to pause updates. Never wants to boot after updating. When will they come up with a 'STABLE' Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lately-i-have-had-to-pause-updates-never-wants-to/4ec4292e-f14c-4124-83be-3daa010ca3ca
  6. Lately I have had to pause updates. Never wants to boot after updating. When will they...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lately I have had to pause updates. Never wants to boot after updating. When will they...: Lately I have had to pause updates. Never wants to boot after updating. When will they come up with a 'STABLE' Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lately-i-have-had-to-pause-updates-never-wants-to/4ec4292e-f14c-4124-83be-3daa010ca3ca
  7. Have not been able to update for a while

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Have not been able to update for a while: I have had windows stuck on update 1909 for a while now win 10 pro since 7/12/2020 with the OS build as 18363.1082. The issue is that whenever i go into windows update, it is seemingly lodaing when in reality its just staying blank. I have tried the media creation tool, the...
  8. Updates have not been updating since KB4503308.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates have not been updating since KB4503308.: Hi Everyone, I have been running into an update problem today with the update KB4501375, I receive the error 0x8000ffff. I have looked into my update history and it seems the last few have not updated....see image. Any ideas on how to fix this? I think there may be some...
  9. I have been hacked . Computer does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have been hacked . Computer does not work: I received a phone call that my Windows 10 had expired from someone I thought was a legitimate Microsoft person. They said they could fix it because I had been hacked & had a virus. So I did what they said & bought google play cards & scanned to them. Then they said those...
  10. Should i have had the Creators Update by now?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should i have had the Creators Update by now?: Just wondered, should i have had the creators update as i had the privacy thing pop up about a month ago and i checked the options what i wanted and clicked ok but nothing yet? Another computer in my household had the privacy thing come up a little while ago and once did...