Windows 10: Update KB5040427 changes personalized display settings

Discus and support Update KB5040427 changes personalized display settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So perhaps someone can explain why this latest update KB5040427 changed my personalized display settings? I've changed them back, but really, seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dennis_090, Jul 10, 2024.

1. Update KB5040427 changes personalized display settings

So perhaps someone can explain why this latest update KB5040427 changed my personalized display settings? I've changed them back, but really, seems like that should be an obvious catch in QA testing. Oh, it's a feature not a bug. I forgot.

submitted by /u/dennis_090
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dennis_090, Jul 10, 2024

2. Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jul 10, 2024
  3. Display settings changed

Hi,

We would like to know more information regarding your display settings issue. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • How are you trying to extend the display?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jul 10, 2024
  4. Louie Del Win User

Update KB5040427 changes personalized display settings

personal display settings

Hi Bunny,

Regarding your concern with restoring your personal settings a month ago, it actually depends if there was a restore point that was created at that point in time.

Windows System Restore is a program that can be used in order to go back to a particular time that has the memory of the system files and also includes your personal settings.

Please click this link to check for available restore point and go through the section:
    Restore from a system restore point for the steps. Just in case that there’s no possible restore point, we suggest that you
    change your display settings manually instead.

We’re just here if you need further help.

Louie Del, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

Update KB5040427 changes personalized display settings

1. Update KB5040427 changes personalized display settings - Similar Threads - Update KB5040427 changes

2. update KB5040427

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update KB5040427: All new updates from July are affecting Roland printer but tried to unistall KB5040427 and wont let me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-kb5040427/799ea632-5e5a-4707-9bf6-b9738e915cda
  3. update KB5040427

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update KB5040427: All new updates from July are affecting Roland printer but tried to unistall KB5040427 and wont let me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-kb5040427/799ea632-5e5a-4707-9bf6-b9738e915cda
  4. update KB5040427

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Fix "update" KB5040427

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix "update" KB5040427: Stupid downgrade makes my d-link wifi adapter not work, I have to uninstall frequently and it takes a half hour each time, I am amazed this still has not been fixed and furious at how it is basically impossible to even reach anyone and let them know this is an issue. I am...
  6. Fix "update" KB5040427

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix "update" KB5040427: Stupid downgrade makes my d-link wifi adapter not work, I have to uninstall frequently and it takes a half hour each time, I am amazed this still has not been fixed and furious at how it is basically impossible to even reach anyone and let them know this is an issue. I am...
  7. Fix "update" KB5040427

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Can't change display settings or personalization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change display settings or personalization: HelloWhile I can open Windows settings, once I search for a specific setting, it wont open.If I press Personalization in windows settings, it only allows me to change the font, and in System I can only change sound settings.I can't change brightness nor a simple wallpaper.Do...
  9. Personalize setting and display setting could not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Personalize setting and display setting could not open: Hi, My Laptop,, when I at desktop screen, right click and click the menu personalize or display, just pop out message box, and I could not open setting apps from setting menu. thanks.[ATTACH]...
  10. Display settings and Personalize options not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display settings and Personalize options not working.: Hello, when I right click on my desktop and then select Display Options or Personalize then a command prompt is showing up for milisecond and then it dissapear?......